Burmese/Laos/Cambodia Staff For Hotel/Restaurant

erre191

Also interested!

And I wonder if they have a work permit...

if they have a work permit it is normally specifically issued in the name of a Thai individual sponsor or in the name of a company, id est hiring "runaways" could cause quite some trouble for you and them.

Also interested!

And I wonder if they have a work permit...

I was told by a hotel owner in Samui, there are laws in place to get easy work-permits for hotel staff as it is so hard to find Thai staff. When I went to report my 90 days there was a large group of Burmese in some hotel uniforms at the office, too. But where/how to find such staff? ER

It's easy to get them Work Permits really. They just need their id cards.

As for finding them, if you feel you have a better offer for them go and steel them from the Hotels they are working at now or if you can talk to some of them as they are leaving for the day trust me once you talk to 1 you are talking to the whole community of them and they will get you workers within minutes.

I employed 22 factory workers and I must say for myself I like to hire Thai's when in Thailand but I also must admit that the one Laotion worker I had was twice as fast and always happy. They were on piece work.

Like I say though if you can find just 1 to talk with you will find as many as you want after that.

If the idea is get "better" workers than Thais or if for some reason Thais cannot be found for the job, then fine. But be careful if the motivation is for cheaper labour (not saying that it is though) because Labour Laws and minimum wage rules can trap you and fines are heavy.

Myself, I am confused sometimes by non-Thai Asian personnel and remember once in a very exclusive hill resort with my Thai daughter when she spoke for some minutes with a beautifully decked out receptionist in traditional Chiangmai "Lanna" costume only to learn that the girl could not speak Thai as she was a Filipino ....