Best Estate Agents In Chiangmai

oldgent

Hello to all who know, in your opinion who would be the best estate agent to deal with

in chiangmai ? im looking to buy a house, also what is involved in the process of buying

like who pays agent fees etc.....

In respect to who pays the agents fees, if you are buying the seller pays.

Two agents I have dealt with here are Jasmine Homes, www.jasminehomes.co.th and Elite Property www.eliteproperty,co.th. Both are are owned by ex-pats

Hope this helps a bit

Two agents I have dealt with here are Jasmine Homes, www.jasminehomes.co.th and Elite Property www.eliteproperty,co.th. Both are are owned by ex-pats

Hope this helps a bit

I would caution against one well known agent that uses "teaser" properties on their website, said desirable property(ise) appear on their web site initially at a price that is very attractive but cannot be found a second time as one goes to look for possible alternatives, unless cookies are deleted! I had an email exchange with the Brit MD about the practice which said it all. Said company also has a nasty habit of advertising properies that are for sale in the window of their office by way of "come ons", people expressing interest will usually find the properies have been sold. All standard practise I hear you say, indeed to some extent, frustrating though and not the mark of an agent I want to deal with. No names for sake of libel laws.

Hope this helps a bit

thank you for your reply. oldgent

I forgot to answer the other part of your question:

As I am now finding out, sellers frequently add the real estate commission to the selling price hence it will get passed along to the buyer, who pays the agents fee you ask, I think the buyer does in many cases, albeit indirectly.

To all know who are interested in buying a house or land in Thailand. Most aggents would add more than 3% to asking price and owners have no knowledge about it....sometimes up to 25% especially raw land, so please be cautious. Buy one that allows you to negociate dirrectly with REAL owners.

• 7 months later...