India Visa In Cm

DixiePig

Believe it depends on the purpose of travel. Maybe can still get a simple tourist visa, but Business or similar now have to apply in BKK unless you have permanent residency here. They use a separate company to handle applications now: http://www.ivac-th.com/ have to apply online then send passport.

2 of my friends (tourists) got their Indian Visa in CM. One French , one US , don't see why it would be any different for Aussies. One was tourist and one a longer term visa, don't know what kind but she goes to India regularly.

Takes one week to process.

Edited by cmsally

I got a business visa from the Chiang Mai India consulate less than a year ago.

Took a week.

(I don't have permanent residency)

I have a retirement visa does that allow me to get a tourist visa for India at their consulate here in Chiang Mai?

Took a week.

Interesting, the last one I had was just over a year ago and they were adamant they could no longer do it in Chiang Mai (I've had several from the consulate here in previous years). Did they actually do the processing themselves or send it to BKK? Time to renew so the topic is of interest to me ;)

Took a week.

Interesting, the last one I had was just over a year ago and they were adamant they could no longer do it in Chiang Mai (I've had several from the consulate here in previous years). Did they actually do the processing themselves or send it to BKK? Time to renew so the topic is of interest to me wink.png

They took my passport, application form and accompanying documents (letter of invitation) and then presumably sent it off somewhere; I picked it all up a week later. This was for a business visa.

Note than Brits are eligible for 5 year visas (US 10) so if your planning on heading across numerous times would be worth enquiring but the usual maximum of 180 days in country and 2 months between visits still apply.

Remember to take 2 copies of passport personal details page with you for all applications.