Do Thais Have An Obsession About Overinflated Car Tyres?

Jezz

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As transam said, we aren't talking about race cars and race tracks. Maybe warpspeed's recommendations are applicable to the tracks but not for everydays use.

By the way, did you know that a racecar spelled the same backwards? ;)

over inflated tires = bone jarring ride, more chance of skidding, reduced stopping distance, more chance of wheel spinning ..........WHY because there's less rubber in contact with the road!

Most people with Pick-up's on this board DON'T load em like a Thai running a business would - ie overloaded so why over inflate the tires?!?!?!

Between 29-35 PSI would be what i'd think of using................ oh hang on there's a handy sticker thingy inside the drivers door............ clap2.gif

Another with some sense THAT CAN READ. clap2.gif

over inflated tires = bone jarring ride, more chance of skidding, reduced stopping distance, more chance of wheel spinning ..........WHY because there's less rubber in contact with the road!

Most people with Pick-up's on this board DON'T load em like a Thai running a business would - ie overloaded so why over inflate the tires?!?!?!

Between 29-35 PSI would be what i'd think of using................ oh hang on there's a handy sticker thingy inside the drivers door............ clap2.gif

Pickups are for work, only someone completely daft would buy it to drive around town, then complain about a bumpy ride.

• Like 1

Pickups are for work, only someone completely daft would buy it to drive around town, then complain about a bumpy ride.

Think you have lost the plot and REALLY don't understand what we are talking about. IF YOU think every one in LOS drives a pickup or SUV to pick your corn then you should get out more. This motoring forum is about trying to provide helpful facts NOT, OH you Isuzu LOOKS heavy, wack 60 psi in the tyres, it's about providing CORRECT info. .

I've followed parts of this topic as I have a vested interest, I'm still trying to confirm V-Cross recommended pressures ... may have the answer tonight.

Jesus ... do what the manufacturer says ... if he updates his information, in the light of experience then follow the new recommendation ... this forum has a lot of idiots in it and some clearly dangerous!! If the cap fits wear it!!

You said it Bruv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think you have lost the plot and REALLY don't understand what we are talking about. IF YOU think every one in LOS drives a pickup or SUV to pick your corn then you should get out more. This motoring forum is about trying to provide helpful facts NOT, OH you Isuzu LOOKS heavy, wack 60 psi in the tyres, it's about providing CORRECT info. .

Your aggression is out of all proportion to the topic.

Take a chill pill man.

• Like 1

Your aggression is out of all proportion to the topic.

Take a chill pill man.

biggrin.png Nooooooooo, not need, just ''dangerous'' info should be pointed out. cowboy.gif

OK ... a little bit of info ... according to Tri-Petch Bangkok there is not an update on recommended tyre pressures for the V-Cross coming out.

Now, below I upload a scan from the All-New Isuzu D-Max Manual ... I have an english copy. I had to retype the Vehicle model as the book wouldn't open far enough to copy well.

It's clear that different tyre sizes/tyre types/models etc command different tyre pressures. I hope that this clarifies things a bit.

post-17329-0-98077900-1333458089_thumb.j

OK ... a little bit of info ... according to Tri-Petch Bangkok there is not an update on recommended tyre pressures for the V-Cross coming out.

Now, below I upload a scan from the All-New Isuzu D-Max Manual ... I have an english copy. I had to retype the Vehicle model as the book wouldn't open far enough to copy well.

It's clear that different tyre sizes/tyre types/models etc command different tyre pressures. I hope that this clarifies things a bit.

Here you go:..."Is it just me? My wife’s family have one of the ‘All New’ Isuzu V-cross 4x4 4-door pickups. As I’m the main driver, I try to adhere to manufacture’s recommendations for tyre pressures. It clearly states on the driver’s door frame 29 psi all round. This is repeated in the manual. I double checked with the Isuzu dealer on discovering all four wheels had pressure of 38 psi. They checked the notice on the door frame and reduced all four tyres to 29 psi. Today it when in for the first 10000 kilos service and I asked again about tyre pressures. This time they said 29 psi was too little, and manufacture’s recommendations should be ignored – stating it should be 35-40 psi. Any thoughts?"...

...so what do you think,do they over inflate or not...tongue.png

Here you go:..."Is it just me? My wife’s family have one of the ‘All New’ Isuzu V-cross 4x4 4-door pickups. As I’m the main driver, I try to adhere to manufacture’s recommendations for tyre pressures. It clearly states on the driver’s door frame 29 psi all round. This is repeated in the manual. I double checked with the Isuzu dealer on discovering all four wheels had pressure of 38 psi. They checked the notice on the door frame and reduced all four tyres to 29 psi. Today it when in for the first 10000 kilos service and I asked again about tyre pressures. This time they said 29 psi was too little, and manufacture’s recommendations should be ignored – stating it should be 35-40 psi. Any thoughts?"...

Why not ask them to write in your instruction manual to ignore the manufactures recommendations and run with different pressures and state the pressure AND put dealer stamp and sign.

Should be interesting ... loss of face to change mind v not wanting to take responsibility by confirming in writing ...mellow.png

Edited by JAS21

Think you know the answer, l do. jap.gif

From what have read it all seems a bit silly, maybe it is the heat here affecting people, tyre pressures for a truck ain't rocket science, at a glance of speed reading posts someone pointed out about the sticker on the inner closure of the drivers door with the manufactures recommendations, well whoopee.

So when you come to a PTT garage which most has those pressure guage machines or you can do by yourself with a pressure guage it really isn't that difficult.

I run my tyres softer for comfort I couldn't give a toss what people say I do what I want.

• Like 1

Think you know the answer, l do.jap.gif

I have given my answer already in the post #2 laugh.png

"Posted Yesterday, 20:06

They always do...as to "manufacture’s recommendations should be ignored" -it's up to you whom you believe .."

...sorryTA,missed some quotation mark ..

Edited by funcat

Think you know the answer, l do.jap.gif

I have given my answer already in the post #2 laugh.png

"Posted Yesterday, 20:06

They always do...as to "manufacture’s recommendations should be ignored" -it's up to you whom you believe .."

...sorryTA,missed some quotation mark ..

I think he says ya old chap. :)

As the topic is about tyre pressures. In my opinion yes in this country people do over inflate gyres. Just put a new set of boots on my Vigo . The original Michelin cross Terains were worn out in the middle due to over inflation . I work away for months at a time , so not easy to control pressures when the Missus has the ute.this new set of yokohamas I am going to keep a close eye on the pressures .

So what is over inflated?? And tell us please which manufacturer that applies to and what vehicle out of the hundreds of brands of tires?

Edited by WarpSpeed

Yeah at the end of the day , different people will have different experiences with tyres in their lives and therfore we all have different opinions on what tyre pressures to run in different vehicles for yet again different road conditions and different tyre makes .drunk.gif

Maybe there's an alien removing stuff.biggrin.png

Never mind obsession there seems to be some over sensitively here.

25 psi all round in a car is is good for the bumpy Thailand roads, if your not loaded do it on a truck as well if your not going carry loads or blast it everywhere.

I like you new avatar " warbie " you look aggressive like a white " Darth Vader " woosah. K. biggrin.png

"Do Thais Have An Obsession About Overinflated Car Tires?"

That was the subject of the topic. I now have come to the conclusion that some of TV members share this obsession. Now 4 pages and some, or maybe even a lot of postings removed probably due to their under or overinflated nature. (just guessing).

Can anybody tell me if the 4WD in the video has the right tire pressure, that car sure has a lot of members, or should I say inspectors following it to find out. TV came to mind immediately. rolleyes.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLZWY13ahyo&feature=g-pets&context=G2f749a9CAAAAAAAAaAA

"Do Thais Have An Obsession About Overinflated Car Tires?"

That was the subject of the topic. I now have come to the conclusion that some of TV members share this obsession. Now 4 pages and some, or maybe even a lot of postings removed probably due to their under or overinflated nature. (just guessing).

Can anybody tell me if the 4WD in the video has the right tire pressure, that car sure has a lot of members, or should I say inspectors following it to find out. TV came to mind immediately. rolleyes.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLZWY13ahyo&feature=g-pets&context=G2f749a9CAAAAAAAAaAA

Classic drunk.gifclap2.gif

geesh what a lot of ranting and rambling ....maybe Thais just read the max rated pressure and comprehend it as the correct pressure for the vehicle?

For my part run my old light truck tyres at anywhere between 25 and 50 PSI according to the load and surface..

.if you google this subject one finds there are so many different opinions out there...may as well discuss tread pattern, types of suspension,shocks yadda yadda, advantages and disadvantages!

Don't really believe that there is a panacea for every application or driving condition but using vehicle manufactures' cold recommendations within a few PSI, since ambient temperatures vary, would seem the way to go for everyday driving.

http://tyres.theaa.com/Tyre-Pressure (British AA)

• Like 1

All tyre pressures ''advised'' by a particular vehicle manufacturer for a ride and a particular tyre design are painstakingly achieved and regardless what ''you'' want to do with pressures the most important fact is the MAX pressure you can put in a particular tyre which is marked in big letters on the tyre side wall. And remember that is a COLD reading as the pressure will increase as the tyre gets hot. It does not mean you can blow it up to the MAX pressure on your ride. New motors are stored at the max pressure to avoid flat spots and should be set to the correct pressure on initial pre-delivery check..

Most tyres on new Thai pickups are from the same manufacturers and vehicles are similar weights so l would expect tyre pressures to be similar, around 30 psi.

Really like to hear from a particular poster to show me a car or light truck that uses 50 to 60 psi.