Set (M) Visa For Uk

Hi,

My wife is applying for a SET (M) Visa for the UK, she has lived here for 4 years, her last visa was a marriage visa. She has passed the life in the uk test and been to college to study english. She has always worked since she has been here. We have a baby together.

The problem is money, we have the money to pay for the visa but i have been out of work since January. I have finally found a new job which starts after easter (a week before the visa application has to be sent) but i'm not sure if it will be to late, i have no income to show like wage slips and we have been living on savings and her wages. Basically my bank account wont show alot in it. We are worried they are going to turn down her application due to lack of income and having funds to live.

Am i correct and the visa will be refused? Could we apply and if its refused then supply new information regarding work?

The rules state that your wife cannot claim public funds until after she has been granted ILR. However, you can claim any and all public funds to which you are entitled, e.g. jobseekers allowance, but cannot claim any extra due to your wife living with you.

So if you can meet your financial commitments from this, then no problem.

Does she work? If so, then her income will count as well.

You say that you will have started a new job before she applies, so this should solve any potential difficulties anyway. Simply include a written job offer from your new employer confirming your salary and when you will be starting work with her application.

Go for postal application as it is less expensive. There is a long wait (generally 20+ weeks) for processing so be ready for a long wait. If you can show you are coping now and as 7 x7 says can show a job offer the visa application is not difficult and it is rare for a refusal at this stage.