Medical Certificate For Work Permit

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Bandon hospital or nathon hospital are ok.

When I applied for mine I went to the high street doctor in Nathon. It's right on the main road through heading towards the direction of Immigration, on the right-hand side about 100 metres before the road junction that heads back to the sea road. (His name I forget . . . )

I've heard that the requirements have changed now (blood tests needed etc) - is that so?

When I got my medical cert he asked me if I was sick or on medication, I said no and have him 100 baht and he gave me a certificate - over and done in exactly one minute!

R

Need blood test to check for syphilis.

Ya -- also testing people for elephantiasis, leprosy, and other alarming diseases.

What robsamui is describing sounds like the joke of little one they do for driver's license, etc. A work permit med. cert. is more involved. The doctors are actually supposed to do a true evaluation of your health, including looking for signs of alcoholism and drug abuse, but I doubt if many have the ability to discern such conditions with a visual exam.

What

Ya -- also testing people for elephantiasis, leprosy, and other alarming diseases.

What robsamui is describing sounds like the joke of little one they do for driver's license, etc. A work permit med. cert. is more involved. The doctors are actually supposed to do a true evaluation of your health, including looking for signs of alcoholism and drug abuse, but I doubt if many have the ability to discern such conditions with a visual exam.

What

Bandon just check to see if you have a pulse, and they just tick to say they have done the other tests...

What

Bandon just check to see if you have a pulse, and they just tick to say they have done the other tests...

That exactly right: few questions about elephantiasis, whether you take drugs or have a nasty itch, weigh you, blood pressure, 10 minutes later and 150 baht you're on ya way

So Bandon cheaper then government hospital ? Paid Baht 250 for medical certificate for driving licence at Nathon lol.

Nathon is jumping on the bandwagon (taxi-wise)

My wife had some 'girlie' tests and was told that a second opinion at Nathon would be a good idea.

Test in Thai International - no waiting, was about 400 baht cheaper than Nathon after two visits and a 3 hour wait. (First visit to make the appointment.) I cannot remember the exact amount - it may even have been more.

I went to Thai International before Bandon to enquire about the WP medical certificate and it was something like 600/700 baht, they actually do the tests.

I had a couple hand x-rays done a Bandon it cost about 1200 baht, which i thought was fair enough, but then they prescribed about 4 different batches of pills that cost about 2500 baht. For a hand that turned out not to have any broken bones clap2.gif i politely declined the supersize me option and just paid for a the x-rays.

No you do not. The test is for stage 3 syphilis which is tested with a simple balance test - close your eyes, tilt your head back and then touch your nose with each index finger.

This is just yet another bit of misinformation that floats about forums and around beer bars!

No you do not. The test is for stage 3 syphilis which is tested with a simple balance test - close your eyes, tilt your head back and then touch your nose with each index finger.

This is just yet another bit of misinformation that floats about forums and around beer bars!

I had to draw blood.

They most certainly ticked a box on my form that stated I did not have syphilis, plus the elephantitus etc. Maybe you should get out of those bars and check real life.

The expression on my wife's face was rather interesting when the announcement was made by the doc.

My test was done at Thai Inter.

I had to draw blood.

Then you were indeed suckered.... Poorsucker! The test for stage 3 Syphilis is a balance check. My last 12 work permits were performed without a blood test.Once, I went to a different hospital and they said they had to do a blood test so I went back to the old hospital. My normal doctor said in English "A blood test? How absurd. Every doctor should know that a balance test is all that is required to check for stage 3 Syphilis. They just wanted to charge you for a blood test".

They most certainly ticked a box on my form that stated I did not have syphilis, plus the elephantitus etc. Maybe you should get out of those bars and check real life.

The expression on my wife's face was rather interesting when the announcement was made by the doc.

The stage 3 Syphilis test is required as well as a test for Elephantitis. I am not debating that. But neither test requires the invasive blood draw. That is misinformation..

I have to say that going to see my doctor with some minor inner ear infection, or a little bit pi$$ed and being diagnosed with Stage 3 Syphilis would be a little bit worrying!laugh.png

I actually was a bit concerned about this as well. I was under the weather when I went for mymlast W.P. physical and was worried that I might fall over when I tilted my head back for the balance test. Luckily, I passed the test without falling and without having blood drawn! wai.gif

The stage 3 Syphilis test is required as well as a test for Elephantitis. I am not debating that. But neither test requires the invasive blood draw. That is misinformation..

That's a different way of putting it, interesting though.

In what way? A poster gave misinformation saying a blood draw was needed.for the Syphilis test and I stated it was not needed.

All well and good, but it is at the doctors discretion what test to use before issuing the certificate. If you go the major hospitals they will insist. Go back street and they'll give you any paperwork you want.

So its not really misinformation.

In my experience cutting corners with W/P paperwork is a VERY bad idea, it may go through now, but if you are ever investigated by the labour office or immigration, these things come out of the woodwork.

In addition if applying for employment in a major company you will find the company needs the bloodtest to be done. Since the cost is hardly a killer, why wouldn't you do it?

Edited by itsala

In what way? A poster gave misinformation saying a blood draw was needed.for the Syphilis test and I stated it was not needed.

All well and good, but it is at the doctors discretion what test to use before issuing the certificate. If you go the major hospitals they will insist. Go back street and they'll give you any paperwork you want.

In addition if applying for employment in a major company you will find the company needs the bloodtest to be done. Since the cost is hardly a killer, why wouldn't you do it?

The major company I worked for had not say. They gave me the paperwork and sent me to the hospital for the physical. No blood test is required is simply that. Would you allow the docotr to do other unnecessary tests as well?

The major company I worked for had not say. They gave me the paperwork and sent me to the hospital for the physical. No blood test is required is simply that. Would you allow the docotr to do other unnecessary tests as well?

I think that it is quite dangerous to post that a blood test is not neccesary as a matter of FACT, when that directly contradicts the guidelines issued by the labour office, a copy of which I have in front of me.

Whether or not you have got away with it, is not up for debate, but advising others inaccurate information is unfair.

And before we enter an arguement about it, I am not saying that you didn't need a blood test, but I would always stay on the side of caution when advising others about W/P paperwork.

and for any reader just beware information from a poster who joined yesterday!!!!coffee1.gif

Edited by itsala

I think that it is quite dangerous to post that a blood test is not neccesary as a matter of FACT, when that directly contradicts the guidelines issued by the labour office, a copy of which I have in front of me.

Whether or not you have got away with it, is not up for debate, but advising others inaccurate information is unfair.

And before we enter an arguement about it, I am not saying that you didn't need a blood test, but I would always stay on the side of caution when advising others about W/P paperwork.

and for any reader just beware information from a poster who joined yesterday!!!!coffee1.gif

The fact is that the labor department does not require a blood test and any doctor worth anything will tell you the same. Please post said document that says the phrase BLOOD TEST.

There was nothing to get away with as it is not required.

The fact is that the labor department does not require a blood test and any doctor worth anything will tell you the same. Please post said document that says the phrase BLOOD TEST.

Where is your WP issued, this is the Samui forum and specific for Suratthani.

I had to draw blood.

Mee too.

OK, you asked for it

My wife is the Director of Human Resources for a major international hotel. She deals with work permit applications on a daily basis. She is sitting beside me now. She has the book from the labour department which I am reading now.

I am afraid that you are wrong in your information, and to post it on this forum is both misleading and inaccurate.

เมื่อคุณรู้ข้อมูลว่าคุณกำลังพูดถึงอะไรให้ตอบกลับด้วยครับ

I had to draw blood.

Mee too.

George and Poor Sucker, your docs are quacks. Go to another hospital! I have had the physicals done at Bumrungrad, Viphavidi-Rangsit and actually one done while on holiday at Samui International Hospital. My holiday was taken around the time I had to have my WP renewed.

เมื่อคุณรู้ข้อมูลว่าคุณกำลังพูดถึงอะไรให้ตอบกลับด้วยครับ

If you know what this text is about please reply????

I read Thai and nothing about blood work in Thai.

I also have seen the labor doc and nothing is said about a blood test.