Current Bkk Auto Show

Had a chance to get up to the auto show at Muang Thong Thani yesterday and note a few impressions. The show didn't seem as big as past ones I have attended but plenty of people in attendance. The "pretties" didn't seem as pretty as in the past. Now, on to the vehicles...it's amazing to me to say it but the best looking cars at the show (that most of us could afford) were the Hyundais. They were head and shoulders above the Japanese makes is styling and amenities and very competitive in price. Both the Sonata and Elantra were beautiful, and the Tucson SUV was as well. They all were comfortable to sit in and had pleasant interiors. I will leave it to others more experienced to comment on build quality and reliability but the international press reviews have been very positive for both models. Of course, the issues of the small number of dealers and thence service support could be an issue.

As for the new bread of trucks...Ford Ranger, Mazda BT-50, Chevy, and Isuzu V-Cross, IMO the Mazda is the class winner in terms of both exterior and interior styling. It seems much more car-like on the inside and with more quality finishes than the Ford and the Ford's boxy exterior is very boring compared to the Mazda. Yes, I agree with everyone else that the Mazda looks like crap in most photos but in person (or I guess "auto") it looks very good. The Chevy/Isuzu seemed to have very cheap interiors and did not impress me that much.

Very tempted to return before the show closes and put an order in for the Mazda :)

So you did not buy a Hyundai then??? Glad you laid your cash down on a Mazda i think it is better in the flesh than pictures can ever tell and in front of the Ford in term of looks and after sales service well-done a route that i am going to take myself..................................