B quick cockpit other shops put in user bought oil?

I just took some oil and a filter I had into cockpit and I was not sure if something was getting lost in translation but he seemed not to want to do the oil change for me. Should I just try another branch or is this their practice? I coulda sworn he was saying I had to buy the oil from them to be able to get it changed there. 

• Confused 2

Just go to another store and give it a try there...   Its a difficult one to know for sure.

IF they have exactly the same oil as you want... then it should be ok to buy the oil from then, though right ?

I found B-Quick to be very good...  We had a slow puncture...  Took car there, the quickly fixed it in about 5 mins (with a puncture repair kit)... wouldn't accept any payment !!...

I guess mileage varies depending on who you are dealing with.

• Like 1

So why is the OP doing this ?, trying to save a few Baht , 

now he has the oil and the filter he will have to do it

himself , unless he finds a small garage to do it.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

So why is the OP doing this ?, trying to save a few Baht , 

now he has the oil and the filter he will have to do it

himself , unless he finds a small garage to do it.

regards Worgeordie

A small garage is the Option...  But if B-Quick are making more profit from the Oil itself, they can just offset that to service charge, no ??? 

.... unless they are prevented by a 'digital billing system' and its more of a 'computer says no' situation. 

OR... another possibility is the Op is very specific about the oil he uses.. (and is not aware its mostly the same anyway)...   

Or... as you mentioned, the Op is trying to be cheap...  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have the oil because I do it myself but haven’t been able to get up to my tools and Jack for a while now. I also have a laundry list of why I do it myself but I won’t bore everyone. 

Edited by Robert Paulson

4 hours ago, transam said:

They work on making their profits from purchasing their oil with incredibly reasonable service charge.

Would you go in a pub with your own beer.........😂

Yes, and I’ve done it b4 in Texas and it is a hell of a good time too

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A small garage is the Option...  But if B-Quick are making more profit from the Oil itself, they can just offset that to service charge, no ??? 

.... unless they are prevented by a 'digital billing system' and its more of a 'computer says no' situation. 

OR... another possibility is the Op is very specific about the oil he uses.. (and is not aware its mostly the same anyway)...   

Or... as you mentioned, the Op is trying to be cheap...  

Yes. I will look for a small garage. It’ll be a grand old time. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

You got the oil & filter, just change it yourself.  

I stopped doing it myself, as just too lazy and couldn't be bothered.   Along with, they tell you, it voids the warranty if they don't do it, though not sure how true that is.

Buy a BEV, no more oil changes ... 😎

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You got the oil & filter, just change it yourself.  

I stopped doing it myself, as just too lazy and couldn't be bothered.   Along with, they tell you, it voids the warranty if they don't do it, though not sure how true that is.

Buy a BEV, no more oil changes ... 😎

I usually do. I have not been able to get up to the area where I keep my tools for quite some time, however

11 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

I have the oil because I do it myself but haven’t been able to get up to my tools and Jack for a while now. I also have a laundry list of why I do it myself but I won’t bore everyone. 

i change my oil and filter in a pick up and a Nissan almera, neither require the use of a jack, and my stomach is not small

10 hours ago, steve187 said:

i change my oil and filter in a pick up and a Nissan almera, neither require the use of a jack, and my stomach is not small

Yes. I do miss my old trucks. In my Honda I get 70 miles per gallon though so I’m never going back. It sucks changing the oil though I’ll admit full well

13 hours ago, it is what it is said:

next you'll be complaining you took your own food into a restaurant and asked them to cook it for you

That’s actually very common. It’s funny a couple people brought up common things that in what I’ll call normal societies are completely normal yet it seems outlandish to some of us because we’re so mind controlled. All over Greece and Italy you can bring fish you’ve caught into restaurants. You can even do that here in Thailand, or most places in the world for that matter