Bkk Motor Show....Sugar For Ants

jinjinswing

Went to the BKK motor show on sunday...i thought i should reconsider due to the expected crowed, but every days the same here so i went along...well i can tell you for those who have not experienced events here and this was only my second, dont bother couldnt get to see anything close up, ants over a bag of sugar pretty much pissed me off...

Getting to and from the event was pure chaos, and my TGF had her bag slashed at victory monument by a pick pocket while we were walking looking for our bus, luckily she had her purse secured behind a internal zip pocket.

Oh and the show? well once you could get use to the louder than a rock concert promos and push your way to the drivers door of said vechial you wanted to look at...not to bad...not to bad at all.....i was very amused by the would be amateur Thai photographers with there SLR cameras clicking furiously at the models leaning all over there cars in different types of poses...were i come form we dont have much of that sort of thing, well at least not for the crowed.

My wife is the head co-ordinator for the Toyota display. 23 cars I believe this year. Haven't seen here for almost a month now. Every time I call her I can't hear anything but the crowds. I'll get a update on the cars when she gets home. Good enough for me.

I had to go and see friends last Saturday in Muang Tong, thank God I took my small Honda motorbike, it was just a car park all the way from the exit from Wipawaddee road onto Chang wattana road and all the way to Impact. There was a certain irony in the fact that everybody was driving their cars to see a load more bl^**y cars!

I was there on March 30th. Lots of nice cars and motorbikes. I would never go on a place like this on a weekend. The models are not my taste. Tall, white, ugly dressed. fake smiles etc.

Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

What I don't understand is why so many people drive past 5 Isuzu dealers on their way to the motorshow so they can look at an Isuzu. We went there 2 years ago to buy but the deals weren't as good as a regular dealer. Am I missing something?

Went last night. I enjoyed it, plenty of interesting things to see. Hated parking the car but I guess thats to be expected. Agree on the models...for the most part ugly and overdone.

Wouldnt go on a weekend, not that stupid!

Might go to look at an Isuzu but you'll always see other interesting things in your budget so the effort is worth it if you are buying a car. I came away thinking about the new Ford Territory and some of the Volvos which I certainly wouldnt see at the local car dealers.......

These were the 3 stand outs for me, VW Sirocco, Chev Sonic and the Toyota plug in hybird, not sure if its a production model but its dam sexy, took them 20 odd ys but the japs can design good looking cars now and match there quality build.

Back home in AU if you want reliability you buy jap, now there matching it with style.

post-131823-0-26623000-1333601724_thumb.

post-131823-0-39554400-1333602123_thumb.

post-131823-0-12939300-1333602822_thumb.

We went on Monday and it was not so crowded. I must admitt i was amused at how the much bigger and downright ugly a car was the more attention it seemed to get from the mainlyThai attendees.

The bikes were more interesting and the surprise was the BMW scooters, The Mitsuoka Car company from Japan had some very nice cars and was a company i had never seen or heard about before,

I have to agree with SeaBear about the models = huge dissapointment .And my gf claims a good portion of them were of the third sex which is even more deflating. But she would say that.

All in all an interesting day highlighted by the slow pace on the freeway which was slowed down even more by a bloke who has stopped to have a piss. When ya busting you just have to go no matter where you are. No abuse just laughing at him.TIT.

What I don't understand is why so many people drive past 5 Isuzu dealers on their way to the motorshow so they can look at an Isuzu. We went there 2 years ago to buy but the deals weren't as good as a regular dealer. Am I missing something?

At the show you could "Look, touch, sit in and get a brochure" the vehicles, whereas down our way you are lucky if they even have the car in stock. And as for requesting a brochure, it was like asking for a free baht of gold.

DSC_6508.jpg

And a selection of colours for some models.