Birth Registration

Does anyone know what documents are required to register the birth of a child in Thailand??

Mother is a Thai National so I assume she will need ID card, House Registartion papers and Hospital documents. Anything else needed from her side?

What papers will I, as a UK citizen, need to provide for the Local Amphur Office? Will they need translating, and will they need certifying at an Embassy or Consulate?

Hope someone can help as I am back in the UK and running out of time to get the registration completed !!!!!!!!!

You may first need to go in/call and ask if you need to set up an appointment as some registrations require seeing your child with you during an "interview".

Mother is a Thai National so I assume she will need ID card, House Registartion papers and Hospital documents. Anything else needed from her side?
That sounds like everything you need for paperwork.
What papers will I, as a UK citizen, need to provide for the Local Amphur Office? Will they need translating, and will they need certifying at an Embassy or Consulate?

The birth certificate is going to be in THAI if your child was born in Thailand so you will need that translated/certified. Her ID will most likely need translation also.

I recently registered the birth of my child here in Thailand. I am British my wife is Thai. SAll the at is required (in Phuket) is for the mother to go to the Amphur with the birth certificate probvided by the hospital, her Tabian Ban (or house papers) and her ID card. All finished in 5 minutes. The child is registered on the house documents and that seems to be that.

The hospital should have given you a copy of the birth certificate in English as well. At least mine did. This together with a long list of documents (posted on the UK Govt web site) will be required to register the birth at the UK embassy so the child has British nationality as well as Thai nationality. The UK registration sound likes a bit of a day-out job. By the way for the UK registration you must be legally married and have a translated marriage certificate.

Hope this helps.