Brt Bangkok Rapid Transport

rak sa_ngop

I travelled yesterday on the BRT bus line from Rama III bridge to Sathorn.

I can honestly say that this was the most unpleasant 30 min trip in my life. I was sitting in the back and the noise from the engine, transmission and road surface was so loud I could hardly hear the pre-recorded station announcements. My head was throbbing for several hours after this relatively short trip. Imagine the office workers who do this every day, No wonder so many counter staff are in such bad moods when you seek service.

Maybe this was a rogue bus?

If I ever use the service again I will definitely sit/stand in the front!

On the plus side it was cheap, only 10 baht!

10 Baht and you are complaining about the service. Worse you are relating this experience to an imagined stereotypical view of service staff in Thailand? I generally find service/counter people in Thailand to be some of the most friendly and proactive that I have experienced anywhere. In fact, I sometimes find it irritating at how attentive and helpful service people in stores and restaurants can be here ... I guess the people I am dealing with have found a magic way of getting around that doesn't involve normal and minor challenges of life in a big city.

as you open eyes and see the buses come from China (as do all those shiny new AC-all yellow ones) and there they are made by the 10.000-China is very big on this type of BRT for cities hat are a little too small for a full size subway. In China they can be even noiser. And they are not by far the noisiest; try some ride on the by now 20 yrs old red ISUZU buses (nrs start from 50.xyz)-though they have the motor in the front-besdie the driver.

Cannot remember though it was that bad whe they started the line-and when it was free.

No, I am complaining about the busses and offereing my sympathy to the people who have to use them on a daily basis.

Quite honestly the way my head was feeling I would say next time I would rather walk than pay 10 baht.

I would be interested to know why these busses are so noisey.

Sensible explanations welcome preferably from people who have actually been on one of these busses.

No, I am complaining about the busses and offereing my sympathy to the people who have to use them on a daily basis.

Quite honestly the way my head was feeling I would say next time I would rather walk than pay 10 baht.

I would be interested to know why these busses are so noisey.

Sensible explanations welcome preferably from people who have actually been on one of these busses.

My apologies. I misunderstood. As of the noise level, no clue as I have not taken a local bus here or anywhere, only the longer range ones (Pattaya / Hua Hin), in 20+ years. As you say, not worth it in my opinion be it here or in most big cities but especially here with the BTS, SRT, MRT and cheap taxis. Maybe a noise and traffic issue here but in the US many tend to smell like a combination of a bathroom with clogged toilets and a locker room with uniforms that have not been washed the entire season.

Edited by Nisa