Election Weekend?

Sojourner

It makes me wonder about the people who made the decision to hold the election in Songkran week.

This weekend is a 5 day weekend in Bangkok followed up by Songkran weekend. So I know for a fact that many Thais use the opportunity to have a long holiday, for some in CM. combined with the influx of foreign tourist that always arrive for Songkran, it seems insane to deliberately hurt local businesses by forcing them to shut or operate without a full inventory.

A couple of my Thai friends own establishment on and near

Niman and they really upset about this.

It makes me wonder about the people who made the decision to hold the election in Songkran week.

This weekend is a 5 day weekend in Bangkok followed up by Songkran weekend. So I know for a fact that many Thais use the opportunity to have a long holiday, for some in CM. combined with the influx of foreign tourist that always arrive for Songkran, it seems insane to deliberately hurt local businesses by forcing them to shut or operate without a full inventory.

Since when did Politicians in this country care about how their decisions affect 'the people' ?

Since when did Politicians in this country care about how their decisions affect 'the people' ?

Maybe it's timed along with the moat area alcohol ban as some of the politicians see it as a good opportunity to reduce the number of accidents caused over the holiday by intoxicated people.

It does happen far more than it should.

Banning drinking to reduce drinking and driving makes about as much sense as banning driving. No wait, it actually makes less sense. Banning driving completely no matter if someone drank or not could even be more effective. Still silly, but likely more effective.