How Do You Console A Distraught Thai Mother

Thongkorn

This is a Genuine Life story of a very Good friend of mine.

My Wife who is Thai herself, has a friend who always says that she suffers from bad karma, She moved to live in the UK with her English Husband over 12 years ago, They both work hard, About two years ago he was diagnosed with Cancer, He went through the test and it is Terminal. They have come to live with it and excepted that he will die in the not so distant future, But he still carry's on with life going to work when he can.

Her son came to the UK when he was 10, he is now 21 He has just finished collage, He use to put his arm around his mother and assure her he would take care of his Mam, When her Husband died, His dad. he went back to Thailand last week to do his Thai army service. I posted a thread on this site, asking if any body knew if a Thai male had to return to Thailand to do military Service. He had only been there a short while, when he was crossing the street a car hit him and killed him instantly. She has had him cremated in Thailand , Does bad karmer exist, it seems some people always get bad luck no matter how they try. All the Thai people in our area are thinking of her and want to help but Thais being Thais, they just leave alone and watch waiting to be asked if they can help, I just thought i would post this as it gives an insite to Thai people living in the UK not always have a happy and prosperous life.

I dont believe in good or bad luck, you can influence what happens to some degree, its not clear how your friends son died, he may have not looked when crossing a road, he may have been hit by a drunk driver and had no part to blame, so we dont really know the cause to decide if its "bad luck"

Life is a lottery just be glad you were actually born and experienced it good and bad.

Not much help I know.