Internet Dating Or Goings To Bars.....?

MidlandsBoy

There are a lot of guys on Thai Visa that don't give their wives or significant other any money, me included. Why would I all of a sudden start giving her 12,000 baht. Did I miss something?

No dont give her any money, why would you?

You cant give her 12000 thb/month if you earn 12 000 thb/month.

Tell her, you only earn 12 000 thb/month.

And try to live on that. If you want to save some money, maybe 2000 thb a month, you have only 10 000 thb/ month to buy clothes, pay rent etc. Yu would probably have to move to a cheaper place as well.

In other words, every other expenses, you would have to get from your wife.

See how long she would stay with you.

Edited by ayayay

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fact that some guys in here have had disaster ridden relationships with bar girls, does not mean that all bar girls are bad. In fact i am sure that there some in here who have married or set up home with an ex bar girl and are very happy with a faithful loving wife or partner. There are many reasons for a girl to go working in a bar so they have to be respected. Yes there are some really bad ones, but please give the good ones a go ! I have friends with ex bar girl wives and they have proved to be as good and better than many. So please stop all this narrow minded rubbish that all bar girls are to be avoided. Just be careful who you choose, that's all.

I agree

I think there are good bar girls, and bad bar girls, just like any other girls, even though I think it is more difficult to find a good girl, among the bar girls.

I find it hilarious how some guys here thinks that their thai female does not like money at all, and only choose to date us foreigners because we are sexy, charming and handsome.

Edited by ayayay
  • Like 1

Do the experiment i suggestested earlier.

Tell your wife, from now on, you will earn 12 000 thb/month.

And then come back to this thread...

Just because an Asian woman is more likely to leave her husband when the economics go downhill, does not imply that money was the only or even the main reason she chose him in the first place.

Any decent-looking girl has a large pool of guys with money she can select from.

Money is a prerequisite, but not sufficient.

And in some cases, even an Asian woman will love her man enough to stick with him through thick and thin, sometimes even supporting him.

Just because it's less common here doesn't mean it doesn't happen. The whole myth of romantic love just isn't so deeply embedded in the cultural superconsious here, practicalities are important too.

Even in completely arranged marriages where the parents dictate who the girl will marry, true love (as in the verb to love, not the physical/emotional "in love" BS) will often emerge if both partners work at it.

I think Thai girls are attracted to personality more than anything. The goofier and nerdier you act, the more girls you get!!

This is not so far from my observation either, being a nerd/goofy/ a little insecure in combination with the fact that foreigners are relatively rich, is a sure thing with some thai females.

Edited by ayayay

Just because an Asian woman is more likely to leave her husband when the economics go downhill, does not imply that money was the only or even the main reason she chose him in the first place.

The main reason why they give us a chance in the first place is that they know, no matter how dirt poor we are, we are still, in the upper middle class socielty in Thailand. A lot of the good looking young and attractive thai guys still does not earn more than 12000-20 000 thb/month.

In a good relationship for a girl, it is love AND money.

For us guys, we usually does not demand that our girls have a decent/high salary. For us, love is enough.

I think there are good bar girls, and bad bar girls, just like any other girls, even though I think it is more difficult to find a good girl, among the bar girls.

Any relationship birthed out of money = services provided will likely always be based on money = services provided. A relationship that starts out as a friendship and dating that grows resulting in love is better.

• Like 1

Don't forget to make them laugh.

I have some friends here who are in their 70's and they are living alone because they want to, yet they can get so many women sitting with them, coming over to specifically say hello and have a chat because these guys make these women laugh. They have a good sense of humour and these women love it. The women are also more than happy to take these men to bed too and not for money.

I think too many people forget that making a woman laugh, having a relaxed attitude and generally being cheerful can make a lot of difference to how a woman sees you - no matter where you live in the world.

A drunken or miserable person is not going to be attractive to a woman no matter how much money they have unless the woman is desperate to get some of his money out of him.

• Like 2

I only get 10,000bht/month (pension).

My wife is half my age, we live on her farm, she is completely happy with that.

I married her because she had a nice farm, pretty enough girl but no farm no marriage.

Any decent-looking girl has a large pool of guys with money she can select from.

Interesting concept that may work in the west but not in Thailand.

A pretty but poor Thai girl with low social status has very little choice in husbands, but she can still have many lovers.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

The main reason why they give us a chance in the first place is that they know, no matter how dirt poor we are, we are still, in the upper middle class socielty in Thailand. A lot of the good looking young and attractive thai guys still does not earn more than 12000-20 000 thb/month.

For us guys, we usually does not demand that our girls have a decent/high salary. For us, love is enough.

Please change this to reality:

In a good relationship for a girl who's dating "ayayay", it is "love" and money

For the rest of the normal populace of non-depressive, sober expats, we usually do demand that our girls have a decent salary/education. Love isnt enough to make us want to be a babysitter of a worthless tv watcher that will turn into a mid-western americain fat woman spending her allowance on american idol votes.

Edited by Hostile17

Any relationship birthed out of money = services provided will likely always be based on money = services provided. A relationship that starts out as a friendship and dating that grows resulting in love is better.

Usually, but not always

In a good relationship for a girl who's dating "ayayay", it is "love" and money

For the rest of the normal populace of non-depressive, sober expats, we usually do demand that our girls have a decent salary/education. Love isnt enough to make us want to be a babysitter of a worthless tv watcher that will turn into a mid-western americain fat woman spending her allowance on american idol votes.

You fail to even understand my simplified explanation.

Males usually care less than females about money, status, and education when they look for a partner.

For females it is usually more important that their partner has high status, rich, and educated.

If you do not understand that, no one can´t help you anymore, sorry.

I married her because she had a nice farm, pretty enough girl but no farm no marriage.

What kinda pension is that, 10 000 thb/month??

Anyhow

That´s great, if this is the whole story to it.

I assume there are no other benefits that comes with living with you, except for your ultra sexy body, and your super great personality?

If no, then I would say, you are one of 99,5% where the guy actually lives on the girls benefits only. I think they do exists, but they should be ultra rare.

A pretty but poor Thai girl with low social status has very little choice in husbands, but she can still have many lovers.

In general, a poor girl, with low status can much more easily marry up in the status ladder, than a poor male.

Males usually care less than females about money, status, and education when they look for a partner.

For females it is usually more important that their partner has high status, rich, and educated.

This is false. Yes poor desperate men do not care that much because they cant get any better. Decent people do not look for whatever comes their way. They look in circles where they are likely to find someone that fits their education level or salary level. Sometimes they'll fall for someone uneducated and poor but that is a rare exception.

AGAIN

do not forget that a loser is a loser ANYWHERE and losers are NOT the norm, just the most remembered. If i look into my extended family, my dad is the only one with a wife that isnt super educated or decently wealthy. But she's amazingly witty and has lots of hobbies. If i look around pretty much everyone ive ever met for more than a few days, its pretty much the same everywhere in the world. Most people that arent desperate/ugly/boring always have someone close to them in status. Then you got the desperate/ugly/boring in thailand who come on forums and tell everyone that there is no love or equality here. YES there is. You're just with someone on the same level as you, you just don't realize how far down the chain you are(im definitely not talking about wealth)

So please stop with your unrealistic 12000baht a month. No one would stay in thailand on 12 000baht if they did not have someone supporting them(as i said i know farangs with hot girlfriends supporting them on that salary). I would rather find a way to get into a deadly accident to get my family some money than having to try to support my family with that kind of salary.. which is AGAIN unrealistic because i could make some bbq sticks for my gf to sell in 1-2hours per day for more than 12000 profit per month.

Possibly the failure is down to your inability to communicate a consistent argument, you've gone from money to love and money and from all to the majority. I'm confused, are regular girls now looking for status etc regardless or are they still not in the game?

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

Possibly the failure is down to your inability to communicate a consistent argument, you've gone from money to love and money and from all to the majority. I'm confused, are regular girls now looking for status etc regardless or are they still not in the game?

All that in 4 posts! Wow.

Anyhow

I assume there are no other benefits that comes with living with you, except for your ultra sexy body, and your super great personality?

If no, then I would say, you are one of 99,5% where the guy actually lives on the girls benefits only. I think they do exists, but they should be ultra rare.

In general, a poor girl, with low status can much more easily marry up in the status ladder, than a poor male.

The pension was a small private pension from the NFU, not much, but then farmers in the UK don't earn much.

Extra benefits for her, a free farm worker/manager and as many white skinned babies as she likes.

(Although 10k/month is a good 'cash' income for a farm in the sticks)

A poor Thai girl can't marry up the ladder to higher status Thai men, the mans Thai parents won't let him.

(Foreigners don't have higher status than poor farm girls)

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Anyhow

The pension was a small private pension from the NFU, not much, but then farmers in the UK don't earn much.

Extra benefits for her, a free farm worker/manager and as many white skinned babies as she likes.

(Although 10k/month is a good 'cash' income for a farm in the sticks)

A poor Thai girl can't marry up the ladder to higher status Thai men, the mans Thai parents won't let him.

(Foreigners don't have higher status than poor farm girls)

I forgot totally about the free white babies. Wow. I can remember when I was a kid in catholic schools we would buy pagan babies but I don't think they were white.

Yes, girls in all corners of the world, does in general look for things like status, money, etc. However, a bunch of females, are into money more than others, and that bunch, that are into money more than others, are usually attracted to us foreigners.

If you still do not understand, imagen, your own hometown, a bunch of foreigners, started to pour in on all your main avenues, they came in all different shapes and sizes, but one thing did they have in common, their salary in one month, was more than you and the other locals made in one year.

There would be a certain kind of females who would start to date these foreigners, and go to their parties and hang around them, but not ALL females would do it.

Edited by ayayay

This is false. Yes poor desperate men do not care that much because they cant get any better. Decent people do not look for whatever comes their way. They look in circles where they are likely to find someone that fits their education level or salary level. Sometimes they'll fall for someone uneducated and poor but that is a rare exception.

No, in general, go to all corners of the world, in all societies, all classes, no matter where in the world. And select a group of people, involving gf/bf, and in general, the boys are gonna have a higher salary than the girls in that particular group. Also, the boys are more likely to finance huge projects they have together with their female partner, not always, but much more often, than not.

So please stop with your unrealistic 12000baht a month. No one would stay in thailand on 12 000baht if they did not have someone supporting them

Thai guys? After all, those are the ones we are competing with.

(as i said i know farangs with hot girlfriends supporting them on that salary).

Really? You know foreigners who have hot girlfriends, who supports them on 12 000 thb a month?

And it sounds like you know a few of them.

I find that VERY unlikely

Edited by ayayay

And right there is the reason why ayayay thinks the way he does. He scoffs at the modest sum because in his mind, a guy can't attract or retain a woman's interest as if that's the number one consideration.

You see, guys like him simply don't have anything else but money in their arsenal to attract a woman and, consequently, believe that other men must be reliant on the same weapons.

Before I left London, there was a truly cringe-inducing trend that had taken hold in some of the glitzier bars and clubs where any guy ordering champagne would insist that the waitress bring it over with tiny sparkler-like fireworks attached to the sides of the bottle so that 1) onlookers would know who had ordered it and 2), to demonstrate that they were having so much more of a better time than anyone else by virtue of the size of their alcohol spend. Some of the venues would actually interrupt the regular music people were dancing to and play the fanfare from the Rocky movies as the bottle, held aloft for all to see, made its way from the bar to the table. sick.gif The girls with these tacky buffoons were always tanning-booth brown, dolled up in skin-tight micro-dresses and willing to engage in a little dry humping with another plastic Barbie lookalike on cue in order to give the gimp with the credit card a glimpse of the porn-inspired spectacle awaiting him later if he kept the booze and the cocaine flowing.

I suspect guys like ayayay really find women like these appealing because they reinforce their dim view of women by apparently dispensing with the "wishy-washy" attributes that most regular women regard as far more desirable and important than money . . . . .and let's be honest there are hordes of them in almost every farang-targeted bar in this country.

Go to any foreigner-oriented bar and you'll see one of them: standing there, chest puffed out, gut sukced in, Benny Hill-like grin, bottle of Johnnie Walker, soda, coke, ice bucket, 4-6 strumpets with full glasses flirting with him and his equally gormless mate at the table. They look at other men with some sort of pitying expression on their faces as if to say, "Look how many girls we've got with us. Aren't you jealous" but when the bottle of JW's empty, the birds disappear into the loo, their re-appearance coinciding with the arrival of a fresh bottle.

It's highly amusing shit, gents . . .

ayayay as i keep posting, i am not a desperate 50 year old loser trying to make everyone look bad. Stop classifying everyone in your category. Even in the west only the loser part of the high earner go for the weak poor little girl to take care of. I could name you hundreds of couples from the west where they're would be less than 10 of them where the money is very far apart. But of course male earn a little bit more, as the salaries for the same job is usually a little bit higher for the male.

A male wants a nice looking interesting girl who will elevate his status among his peers

a female wants a nice interesting male with high test levels and good sperm that is good with his hands, strong to protect her and shows class to make her look better around her friends.

Its genetics, money has nothing to do with genetic, the confort it brings only affects few women, someone with just a normal job but with strong arms, the ability to build wood and a good sense of alpha male fashion is a lot more appealing than anything.

In thailand any normal woman would be glad with someone that has anything over 30k per month, just like in the west anyone with 3-4k usd per month would be fine as long as they are a nice person who can protect them and is usefull in case of zombie apocalypse.

Lower salaries than this means you're a non-working loser for the most part. No one wants a loser. Nothing to do with money. 30k in thailand can be had by anyone with higher than an 80 IQ

Edited by Hostile17

Lower salaries than this means you're a non-working loser for the most part. No one wants a loser. Nothing to do with money. 30k in thailand can be had by anyone with higher than an 80 IQ

lol, this is priceless