Tigers

AndersSN

I am thinking about getting a new bike, and although my friends laugh at me for it, I really like the police bikes.

I think that are called Tiger, but I'm not sure. I have never seen them in any dealership and no one seems to know where they are sold.

Any help would be participated.

ASN

Tiger Boxer. No longer sold..I've got one but you can't have it! They do now sell an F4. PM member mbox who used to sell them via an online shop - he may know of some 2nd hand ones available able.

Tiger Boxer. No longer sold..I've got one but you can't have it! They do now sell an F4. PM member mbox who used to sell them via an online shop - he may know of some 2nd hand ones available able.

dam_n!!!

So that's why they are not shown on their website, tigermotorbikes.com if anyone is interested.

The bulldog looks quite nice as well. If I was British I might get one just because of the name :)

Sorry I can't be much help, Anders. I saw one 4 months ago when I was looking for a bike in Chiang Mai, but it was gone when I went back later. I'm now out of the country and won't be back until November.

Sorry I can't be much help, Anders. I saw one 4 months ago when I was looking for a bike in Chiang Mai, but it was gone when I went back later. I'm now out of the country and won't be back until November.

Thanks anyway.

Who looking out for you cat while you are gone? :o

There is a dealer right by the entry to the train station that has some new tigers and you can get service there too.

Not sure all that they have in stock, but I am sure they can order some things if needed

Worth a try

Awesome

Thanks, I'll give it a try

Speaking as one somewhat knowledgeable about Tigers, let me update some of the information above.

That 'train station' dealer is no longer the official dealer, and those bikes he offers are little ones. His service was such that Tiger went elsewhere.

Tiger's biggest bike these days, yes, is the F4, only a 150 cc model.

Your best source of info for new bikes is tigermotorbikes dot something or other. There you can find the latest accurate information, including the address of their Chiang Mai service center (which, however, does not feature a showroom). But you might encounter one in the service center and its owner.

There is still an active and lively forum where sometimes 2nd hand boxers (usually the 250's rather than the 200 police model) are offered. I expect that you can easily google it.

Frankly, there are few in town here, so looking in Thai Visa Classified will probably be frustrating.

Best of luck,

From what I've heard they're one of the most unreliable bikes sold here in Thailand.

Never owned one so not 100% sure if this is the case.

I have spoke to numerous owners who have long lists of parts that have failed and had to be replaced under warranty.

The warranty that comes with them as well as after sales service appears to be outstanding from what I've heard from the same people though.

I'm sure they can't be all that bad due to the amount of police pottering about on them.

My Mate who has looked after my bikes for last ten years will not have them into his garage for any type of repair.

A Chinese copy of an old Honda engine. The metal used is of low quality and the fasteners, nuts & bolts Strip threads too often.

Avoid, buy an old Pukka Honda.

john