Scuba Diving

Hi all,

I've just relocated back to Thailand after a six year absense, and in my time back in the UK got very involved in the UK diving scene with BSAC. I'm really keen to keep the diving going (keeps me sober at the weekends) but want to do it within a 'club' environment i.e. not through some commercial operation.

I've been spoilt in the UK really, own club RIB, compressor, club bar, classrooms etc; and the last thing I want is to be led around and partonised by some PADI 'Divemaster,' while paying through the nose for the priveledge.

I don't want this to become a PADI bashing thread, as there are some great divers/shocking divers from all agencies. I also actually started out as a PADI diver, and think my training was great.

So, my question..........is there any non-commercial clubs, or loose affiliations of divers around this area? My searches have produced a few leads, but all seem long-dead now. I got my hopes up when I contacted BSAC Thailand, got told there was a new club that had just opened, but from looking at it seems more like a front for a dive shop.

Cheers....'LL'