Looking For Member Of Cpa Australia In Bangkok

carmenshih

I took my exam in Australia when i was studying in Brisbane about 12 years ago.I'm a different field of work now in Chiangmai and honestly, I don't think CPA counts for anything here unless you work for an Australian or foreign company that recognises CPA. Why do you want to do your CPA here in the first place? Are you working in Thailand for an accounting firm that requires the qualification?

I dont' think I will work here, but just because I have passed 3 subjects ( the professional level) in Australia before, I wanna continuo the examination here if I could in order to get the full membership, just in case I need to work in the future whatever here or in other countries.

it seems not much members here and most foreigner living here are American .

Is there a local rep for CPA Australia here? I know there are reps in Singapore, HK and in KL as well.

I think if you contacted CPA Australia, they may have a list of members (student or otherwise) residing/practising in BKK or Thailand?

I am a member of the other mob (ICAA) and they do provide such a list when requested.

I have checked with CPA Aus, they don't have local rep here. I think there are not many members here as the annual membership fee and examination fee may be too expensive for them and not very useful here. If I stay here for long, I may not take it as well coz I am not sure whether people recognize CPA Aus, but I am sure it will be useful for me in Canada, HKG, Singapore, Aus etc which I always stay for long.

If CPA means Certified Public Accountant - same as in US or FCA/ACA in the UK - the ones that typically do auditing, then I would hazard a guess that there will be one or two on assignment from Oz in each of the big international accounting/tax/consulting firms - PwC, Deloittes, KPMG etc. Google and call up their HR departments - I suspect they might allow your details and request to be forwarded to relevant staff, but they will not release their details to you. Worth a shot anyway. I would also call the Oz Embassy commercial attache or whatever they call it.

Its a very portable and valuable qualification, so good luck.

{retired PwC partner (not Bangkok though and was UK FCA, not CPA)}

• Like 1

• 5 months later...