Looking For Friends From Hong Kong Who Living In Bangkok

carmenshih

Contact the Chinese embassy. I am sure they will be able to tell you about various business groups and chambers of commerce active in Thailand.

Beyond that, given your newish motherhood, BAMBI bangkok is another way of expanding your social circle.

Walk into any seafood restaurant and look for the loudest table with Chinese looking people. High probability that they are either Honkies or Singaporeans. Good luck.

Best start at a restaurant which sells shark fins or other protected species no other ethnic would eat. (bears, monkes, sea cucumber, etc etc)

• Like 1

I think you guys are talking about the Chinese from Mainland China and not the people fromHong Kong I am looking for, that's why it is not easy to meet. Seriously, if you have HKG friends, you would know they ate different groups of people.

That definition looks to me like not only mainland China people, but people mainly from the countryside there ^^

BTW, sorry to bump your thread but I am also quite new in BKK and I found quite difficult to make local friends in bars or similar without speaking Thai yet. I am not really interested in farangs but Thai people, could anyone give some advice about good websites?? (I ask about websites because I believe it should be the best way to meet local people without worrying about if they can speak some english or not)

Thanks ;-)

Yes, I do agree some Mainland China people are smarter than some HKG people, I am not arguing who is smarter and who is not, I love to make friends with Mainland China people, I can speak Mandarin as well, I worked in Beijiing and Shanghai before, they were very friendly, polite, I love to make friend with them. Same here, I dont' like some rude HKG people as well. There is always people you don't like even in our own country. I started this topic, not because I wanna argue who is smarter or which group of people are more privilege, I am just saying there will be a culture difference between, I am very welcome people from Mainland China leave message here which I will be very exciting or people from difference countries who are also new in BKK wanna make more friends here.

Hey Carmen, I think I have just the thing for you.

Google this: "facebook hong kong ladies group" (I'd post the link, but I can't seem to paste it here)

And you should get a result for the Facebook page of "HK Ladies Group Thailand".

There's a lunch on April 24th you could attend to see if it's what you're looking for.

• Like 1

A friend of mine told me that the mainland Chinese are becoming smarter than the HKG people by the day. What do you think?

Dunno about the answer to that, but it seems that the quality of TV questions is certainly getting dumber....

Hey Carmen, I think I have just the thing for you.

Google this: "facebook hong kong ladies group" (I'd post the link, but I can't seem to paste it here)

And you should get a result for the Facebook page of "HK Ladies Group Thailand".

There's a lunch on April 24th you could attend to see if it's what you're looking for.

Thanks alot.