UK police arrest Albanian crime boss Sadushi in London

News_Editor

UK police arrest Albanian crime boss Sadushi in London

2012-04-11 07:08:28 GMT+7 (ICT)

LONDON (BNO NEWS) -- British police on late Tuesday arrested Albanian crime boss Ndrieim Sadushi, one of the most wanted fugitives in Europe, who managed to elude police for more than a decade, officials said on Wednesday.

A Scotland Yard spokesperson said Sadushi, 41, was arrested by the department's Extradition Unit in the Southgate area of north London on Tuesday evening. "Sadushi was arrested outside his home address," the spokesperson said, referring to a property at High Road in the London Borough of Enfield.

According to the UK Border Agency, Sadushi is believed to have entered England illegally in the back of a truck in 2000. He is wanted by Albanian authorities in connection with three murders and an attempted murder in Albania in 1997. He is also wanted by Italian authorities for money laundering and drug trafficking offences.

Sadushi led the notorious Kateshi gang which terrorized Albania in the late 1990s, and the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL) previously issued a Red Notice to its 190 member countries to seek his arrest. He was one of the most wanted fugitives in the United Kingdom, Albania and Europe as a whole.

Sadushi is scheduled to appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court for an extradition hearing later on Wednesday.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-04-11

Well isn't Sadushi the lucky one! He is now in the custody of a nation that will place his human rights beyond those of any of his victims. By now I imagine someone has already been assigned to ensure correct social security benefits are pad to him and his family. There is more chance of platting fog than him seeing the inside of an Albanian jail!

• Like 2

Well isn't Sadushi the lucky one! He is now in the custody of a nation that will place his human rights beyond those of any of his victims. By now I imagine someone has already been assigned to ensure correct social security benefits are pad to him and his family. There is more chance of platting fog than him seeing the inside of an Albanian jail!

I hope that turns out to be wrong, but I suspect you may be right.