Land Lease - Rental Payments?

Just received a lawyers letter from my ex saying I have 'abandoned' (strange wording?) my obligation to pay rent on the leasehold. This surprised me as the contract clearly states she had received all payments in full at the time of signing the agreement.

All a bit silly as the lease is in it's 7th year and never a mention of this in the past, imo just another example of her money grabbing desperation but am curious to hear your comments (esp those who already have lease agreements) plus if anyone has ever heard of this situation before?

Am seeing my lawyer this afternoon so will keep you posted.

My lawyer has confirmed there is no 'rent' to pay and confirms the legality of my lease so will reply to this effect on my behalf.

This could serve as a warning to others tho to ensure the wording is correct before signing on the bottom line! as you never know how low some will stoop to con us out of more of our hard earned cash especially when a relationship turns sour.

Perhaps your ex is being asked to pay a tax on the rental? This could explain why you are being asked for more money. I have heard that there is supposed to be a yearly tax on rental property even if the rent is paid all at once up-front.