Foreign Tourists Want To Join In Water Fight During Songkran: Survey

webfact

Sure, all the immature foreigners.

Not everyone is / can be as sophisticated as you Lifer giggle.gif I'm assume you don't celebrate Xmas, New Year, Halloween, etc., either. If some people, foreigners or not, want to join the festivities, then why not? Why does that make them "immature"? What will you be doing for Songkran?

To all the scrooges crying humbug, there is an old saying "When in Rome." The world doesn't revolve around grumpy individuals and if the majority like to smile and laugh then the rest can crawl into a cacoon suck thier thumbs and cry for a few days.

Pattaya, more like ten days.

but not to worry you are not alone I am sure some are here just to get a shag.

Actually I am gamefully employed here with a real job and have been for many years, Although I am not adverse to the concept of travelling to BKK for a shag, however pretty sure Mrs Soutpeel would object to the idea.

what time does your "English class" start tomorrow ?

Not very clever to be a smartarse when you are "gamefully employed" - does that mean you are on the game? Edited by pastitche

Actually I am gamefully employed here with a real job and have been for many years, Although I am not adverse to the concept of travelling to BKK for a shag, however pretty sure Mrs Soutpeel would object to the idea.

Not very clever to be a smartarse when you are "gamefully employed" - does that mean you are on the game?

And "not adverse" should be "not averse".

Not very clever to be a smartarse when you are "gamefully employed" - does that mean you are on the game?

and so the English Nazi's rear their ugly heads

Did your "English" classes finish early today because of the holiday ?

• Like 1

Maybe we can take English lessons together.

Al tho I have to admit in high school it was my worst subject.

Some times I have to use the spellchecker.

My wife says that Songkran is great because many farangs stink and it is a good time for them to have a shower whether they want to or not. Maybe thats why many want to join in saves on soap and water bills.

Edited by chooka

In the end of the day , we are all tourists in LOS according to this poll.

We should all go to Khao San Road and behave like every other foreign tourist would do.

They forgot to ask all of us living here . We have locked the doors for 3 days.

Tourists that are unaware of the Real Songkran are excited until they get to see the Real Deal and how it goes on and on endlessly, with ice water, hi pressure hoses, splasihg motorcyle riders and people who do not want to be invlolved in the rediculous out of control festival. Sonkran only about 15 years ago was a One Day event of water splashing and people were respectful. Not anymore... It is now Thailand's way of extended partying and carnage on the roads.

Edited by KimoMax

Tourists that are unaware of the Real Songkran are excited until they get to see the Real Deal and how it goes on and on endlessly, with ice water, hi pressure hoses, splasihg motorcyle riders and people who do not want to be invlolved in the rediculous out of control festival.

Sonkran only about 15 years ago was a One Day event of water spaching and people were respectful.

Not anymore... It is now Thailand's way of extended partying and carnage on the roads.

I think it has become a ritualized socially promoted expression of lower level war and violence. Steam gets released and then back to what passes for normal in Thailand. People get hurt but not as many as in the real thing. It doesn't take a religious scholar to see there ain't nothing Buddhist about it. Edited by Jingthing

The original idea of Sonkran cleansing the Buddha with water, then the playful but respectful act of pouring a small amount of water on an Elder member of the family. that was fine. I used to look forward to the One Day of Sonkran Fun, but now it is totally out of control and should be limited to only one day of water spashing. Anything longer than One Day is Way too much and going over the Top.

Would be the same as extending by several days New Year's Eve, Christmas, Loy Kratong, and on and on.........

Edited by KimoMax