Water Today

N47HAN

Water gun price today: 600 baht.

Water gun price tomorrow: ???

Rest of the year: 250 baht.

Not asking how much ,

has the party begun ?

Why not go take a ride and see for yourself?

Please tell , why would I drive 40km to look for myself when I can utalize TV ? and decide to travel or not ?

I look forward to your comment

Water gun price today: 600 baht.

Water gun price tomorrow: ???

Rest of the year: 250 baht.

Not asking how much ,

has the party begun ?

Why not go take a ride and see for yourself?

Please tell , why would I drive 40km to look for myself when I can utalize TV ? and decide to travel or not ?

I look forward to your comment

Why waste your breath if he's only interested in smart a55 comments......

Edited by Rickster

Any curious mind could Google 'songkran' and it clearly states it falls on the 13th of April every year, never changes.

Last time I checked, today is the 12th.

Even my first reply hints at that.

Happy water pistol buying.

Any curious mind could Google 'songkran' and it clearly states it falls on the 13th of April every year, never changes.

Hi Goober ,

Didn't mean to be a bit sharp on the reply , apolagies for that .

I ask only because if it is on Id give Bangla a miss this afternoon ,

Im aware Songkran starts "officially" tomorrow but in years past they have started today and wondered if it had started today thats all

Hi Goober ,

Im aware Songkran starts "officially" tomorrow but in years past they have started today and wondered if it had started today thats all

Friday 13th I would stay at home if I were you

Hi Goober ,

Friday 13th I would stay at home if I were you

Rather stay at the embassy with a blackman called jack :)

Jakarta have much problem yesterday bud ?

There was a big thing in another online publication for Phuket saying that Patong in particular would for the first time officially start their festivities today (12 April) so just answer the question if you know. Sorry N47HAN, I would give it a miss today, don't for sure but like you said they always start early without it being official let alone with permission, good luck mate

Hallo N 47 Han,

from my several years experience here in Patong the water splashing ALWAYS starts on 12 April in the early afternoon. The 13 April is then the "official" Songkran Day with splashing all day and night. Normally - maybe except Soi Bangla - the splashing is over on 14 April.

Bangla road give it a miss, Who wants Yahoo tourists squirting you with water pistols

even in the eyes and bars throwing iced water over you

I hate how they incorporate baby powder in the mix. What is the reason other than making a mess?

Its dangerous when thrown over a windscreen and it also acts like a cutting agent when rubbed against the cars paintwork.

Feel sorry for the black cars with hand prints smeared down the sides.

Any curious mind would have been wrong then wouldn't they!

There will always be people who want to start Songkran earlier and finish later than the official date, which is why the OP asked!!

Any curious mind would have been wrong then wouldn't they!

There will always be people who want to start Songkran earlier and finish later than the official date, which is why the OP asked!!

Some people believe google can never be wrong which is wrong because it can be wrong and in this case it clearly is!!!

They are out in force today.

Seen a disgruntled worker punching a reveller this morning after he pleaded not to be wet on his way to work.

I love today, watching the locals nearly dismount every motorbike passing by is comedy gold.

Seen a disgruntled worker punching a reveller this morning after he pleaded not to be wet on his way to work.

I love today, watching the locals nearly dismount every motorbike passing by is comedy gold.

Considering this water festival has been adapted to entertain the tourists it is not unreasonable to expect to be able to go to work and not turn up wet and covered in powder, are you the sort of person who would laugh at a family being forced to crash because of idiots throwing buckets of iced water into bikers faces!!!

Considering this water festival has been adapted to entertain the tourists it is not unreasonable to expect to be able to go to work and not turn up wet and covered in powder, are you the sort of person who would laugh at a family being forced to crash because of idiots throwing buckets of iced water into bikers faces!!!

That was my point.

I would like to get to work also without being saturated and I understand his fury.

Its amazing you always seem to jump on the defensive, I don't want to see people hurt but I do enjoy these freedoms that would lead to being sued back in my home country.

Ease up and enjoy the day.

That was my point.

I would like to get to work also without being saturated and I understand his fury.

Its amazing you always seem to jump on the defensive, I don't want to see people hurt but I do enjoy these freedoms that would lead to being sued back in my home country.

Ease up and enjoy the day.

I enjoy the day in my own way as do many others, yes I jump to defend other people that is the way I am made, yep Thailand is utterly Ting Tong which for the most part works, I enjoyed last years water in Bangla road but I was walking, it mortifies me to see people throwing buckets of water containing ice cubes as hard as they can into the faces of people on bikes, anyway have a good day and stay safe!!

I nearly got de-biked last year by idiots on the side of the road and I expect it will be no better this year (I can already hear them out there from my loungeroom). The trouble is that it is too far to walk to any of the festivities, there will be no hope in hades of parking the car and I refuse to take a tuk tuk on principal.

As to the OP, I was told it was a busy day with the Songkran festivities yeaterday, but I didn't venture out myself...

Took care of my work commitments in Patong at 07.00 this morning. Still got hosed on the way back at 08.00. Staying at home for 2 days watching the F1 Chinese practice & qualify on BBC online service.

Good idea, I shall be watching it on Phuket cable. happy days.

The bucket of iced water is not dangerous at all. This is songkran. Thais know it. They are suposed to slow down. If they dont they risk dying but they DO NOT care. They also risk dying when they talk on the mobilephone every other day while cutting traffic. They simply do not care. Slowdown, no danger. Dont want to get wet to work? Kind of dumb but if you SLOW down and tell people again, they'll put a little powder and very little water, they will only shoot a bucket if you dont slowdown.

So to all whiny farangs. Slow the F down and enjoy. If one of you has a wife and a luk-krung son in phuket town near chevy dealer, just want to let you know i saw your wife zig-zag while accelerating to 70 in a small street TWICE with the 4-6year old boy in the back barely hanging on with 1 tiny hand and almost falling to his death to avoid a LITTLE bit of water. She avoided a car by about 2cm on her way back.

Not much of a difference between this and the rainy season, yet people find a way to complain.. Songkran is basically the only day of the year where the average thai acts the way they are described in books.

Edited by Hostile17

The bucket of iced water is not dangerous at all. This is songkran. Thais know it. They are suposed to slow down. If they dont they risk dying but they DO NOT care. They also risk dying when they talk on the mobilephone every other day while cutting traffic. They simply do not care. Slowdown, no danger. Dont want to get wet to work? Kind of dumb but if you SLOW down and tell people again, they'll put a little powder and very little water, they will only shoot a bucket if you dont slowdown.

So to all whiny farangs. Slow the F down and enjoy. If one of you has a wife and a luk-krung son in phuket town near chevy dealer, just want to let you know i saw your wife zig-zag while accelerating to 70 in a small street TWICE with the 4-6year old boy in the back barely hanging on with 1 tiny hand and almost falling to his death to avoid a LITTLE bit of water. She avoided a car by about 2cm on her way back.

Not much of a difference between this and the rainy season, yet people find a way to complain.. Songkran is basically the only day of the year where the average thai acts the way they are described in books.

Everything written above is complete nonsense.

We understand it's sonkran but slowing down does not deter them from dumping water and powder all over you, are you even riding or driving around today? From what you describe its the complete opposite.

As for the lady speeding with a halfling, how can you see occupants in a speeding car that you had to avoid a collision with? My eyes would be on the road, not trying to determine the race of the occupants. Weird that you can provide so much detail, boys age and his Thai mother but didn't even mention the make or color of the car. Leads me to believe its crap.

Hundreds die and thousands injured in this holiday period and if I can avoid becoming apart of this large statistic, I will but all the power to those who enjoy this mindless celebration.

Edited by goober