Water Today

N47HAN

The bucket of iced water is not dangerous at all. This is songkran. Thais know it. They are suposed to slow down. If they dont they risk dying but they DO NOT care. They also risk dying when they talk on the mobilephone every other day while cutting traffic. They simply do not care. Slowdown, no danger. Dont want to get wet to work? Kind of dumb but if you SLOW down and tell people again, they'll put a little powder and very little water, they will only shoot a bucket if you dont slowdown.

So to all whiny farangs. Slow the F down and enjoy. If one of you has a wife and a luk-krung son in phuket town near chevy dealer, just want to let you know i saw your wife zig-zag while accelerating to 70 in a small street TWICE with the 4-6year old boy in the back barely hanging on with 1 tiny hand and almost falling to his death to avoid a LITTLE bit of water. She avoided a car by about 2cm on her way back.

Not much of a difference between this and the rainy season, yet people find a way to complain.. Songkran is basically the only day of the year where the average thai acts the way they are described in books.

Everything written above is complete nonsense.

We understand it's sonkran but slowing down does not deter them from dumping water and powder all over you, are you even riding or driving around today? From what you describe its the complete opposite.

As for the lady speeding with a halfling, how can you see occupants in a speeding car that you had to avoid a collision with? My eyes would be on the road, not trying to determine the race of the occupants. Weird that you can provide so much detail, boys age and his Thai mother but didn't even mention the make or color of the car. Leads me to believe its crap.

Hundreds die and thousands injured in this holiday period and if I can avoid becoming apart of this large statistic, I will but all the power to those who enjoy this mindless celebration.

hello my friend

I am simply unable to understand how you came to the conclusion that i was refering to a woman driving a car with a child hanging on with a tiny hand.

In thailand, we do have such things as : motorbikes

And we even posses the ability to have shops and sidewalks from where people can witness events such as cars and motorbikes passing by.

The world has changed.