Thai Noodle Soup Cart

GeishaGirl83

Most of the noodle carts around where I live are made by the local steel guy, the one that makes gates, etc. Would't it be cheaper to draw up plans of what you want and have it made in OZ.

I'm sure that you could get one of the local shops to make one for you, but shipping it to OZ would be costly.

Just ask any welders in your area, importing one of those cart from Thailand it's definetely not a good idea, show to the welder a picture of what you want

+1...a good welder would get the concept...now, when I was in Indonesia I would get my mie ayam every morning from a guy with a wooden cart and I marveled at the simple design that included a space for a gas bottle as well as the soup caldron...the best noodles that I ever had tasted as the broth and the preparation were unequaled and the vendor was a master; no wasted motion with perfect noodles every time with garnishes and he kept the precooked noodles in a little drawer on his cart...he even had little benches for customers to sit on while dining (he brought mine to my office window just nearby at site)...he arrived outside the office at 7am and usually sold out by 9...

and then there was severe flooding in north Jakarta and he couldn't wheel his cart and was gone and it made the sense of disaster more acute and without his morning noodles an entire re-evaluation of daily existence was required...he was just a noodle seller and didn't realise his tremendous impact on the daily mundanity of people's lives and etc...it was like classic japanese cinema and Yasuhiro Ozu...

unforgettable...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

oh yeah?...useta be there were plenty of israeli falafel vendors in west LA all doin' business outta food carts...but that was late 70s and things may have changed...an' I remember not long ago in down town Philadelphia loads of street corner sausage stands all doing a brisk business...I never did like them sausages much and got my pastrami on rye from a proper deli; it cost $10 but it was so huge that I could eat it for lunch and fer supper...

yeah big cities have street food but america is a big place hence my recommendation to check locally. also it will still not likely be a free-for-all, many cities in the US are "controlled" by a powerful entity, that means that there are limits on licensing. there is a reason why a taxi cab license costs a $1m in NY. unlike thailand, you can't just expect to do whatever you want to do. all that said, i still think "importing" a piece of steel is retarded.

Edited by farang000999