Yingluck To Miss Charter Debate For China, Japan

webfact

your answer tells me everything---you have stated in most--being phased in, WHY ???? these were to be in place SEPTEMBER ???---so many hick-ups what happened, lack of management==lack of funds==?? or just BULL from day one to get in. please don't joke, unless you tell me you are. I did state the things that were not NOW in place--the law of averages would have had some of the missions accomplished.

Why then are you condoning, and making excuses for your fledgling government. Just say they are failing a little but are trying hard would be nearer the truth. RUBI has answered fairly---and well. People do not have to be an Abhisit fan to criticize . To achieve their goals, Yingluck will have to attend these debates, DO NOT FORGET she has been missing before when it was important to attend.

The law of averages appears to have been way out.......because non of these missions have previously been accomplished......credit due to PTP for accepting their responsibilities to implement improvements to benefit the electorate

Ginjag....if you live in Thailand and judge everything on a 'today' basis you will be many times disappointed.....try to dilute your ranting with the thought that at least an effort is being made, there is opportunity created to move forward, in which case a result is more plausible than if no effort had been made at all

Dear geo, you're starting to become inconsistent. There is no 'today' base apart from ginjag's 'BULL from day one to get in'. So why accuse someone to be 'ranting'? There has been an opportunity to continue, rather than 'opportunity created', but of course opportunities not created by 'Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai accts' can hardly be continued as is, that would be telling. IMHO of coursesmile.png

Give it up Rubl........what do you think "NOW" means?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

your answer tells me everything---you have stated in most--being phased in, WHY ???? these were to be in place SEPTEMBER ???---so many hick-ups what happened, lack of management==lack of funds==?? or just BULL from day one to get in. please don't joke, unless you tell me you are. I did state the things that were not NOW in place--the law of averages would have had some of the missions accomplished.

Why then are you condoning, and making excuses for your fledgling government. Just say they are failing a little but are trying hard would be nearer the truth. RUBI has answered fairly---and well. People do not have to be an Abhisit fan to criticize . To achieve their goals, Yingluck will have to attend these debates, DO NOT FORGET she has been missing before when it was important to attend.

The law of averages appears to have been way out.......because non of these missions have previously been accomplished......credit due to PTP for accepting their responsibilities to implement improvements to benefit the electorate

Ginjag....if you live in Thailand and judge everything on a 'today' basis you will be many times disappointed.....try to dilute your ranting with the thought that at least an effort is being made, there is opportunity created to move forward, in which case a result is more plausible than if no effort had been made at all

Dear geo, you're starting to become inconsistent. There is no 'today' base apart from ginjag's 'BULL from day one to get in'. So why accuse someone to be 'ranting'? There has been an opportunity to continue, rather than 'opportunity created', but of course opportunities not created by 'Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai accts' can hardly be continued as is, that would be telling. IMHO of coursesmile.png

Now being how many months since the PM Yingluck government started?

BTW when can we start counting for the 'rich in six months time' ?

If I felt in my heart that this LOT was a genuine respected cabinet,and super focused P.M. I would not be throwing mud. Do you think I'm not aware of the non transparency of this elected government and it's motives, after 31 years here believe me or not, these people are not the right people to be backing, you cannot see that. I hope for the Kingdom that good times are ahead, and if there was a glow I would be the first to encourage. Sorry to disappoint you My natural instincts tell me otherwise. I never mentioned they were not previously accomplished -that doesn't make them valid. You believe all the promises will benefit the electorate. Ha.

Speaking honestly doesn't mean someone is ranting, using a word like that is too common on these topics. I do wish I could feel that a lot of sweat and knowhow is being put into these pledges. Anyway my friend if you remember near all these pledges were made in a fury of election heat, without looking to see if they were ON-or even affordable. Time will be my friend-and we will talk about this say in 6 months to see if anymore are put on hold or ditched. My opinion overall is too much was promised in to short a time, showing the lack of professionalism from the fledgeling government, getting power was more important than caring for their voters.

To take your last phrase first......if a government is not in power it is difficult to effect any change....so although your comment is valid it is not practical

Do you agree that while this government made promises in the heat of the election and are struggling with delivery there is an undoubted intention to deliver? Many have already been allocated funds

There is a misaprehension that the people on the forum who attempt to dilute the vitriolic remarks directed at the government feel the government "can do no wrong"..........perhaps this misaprehension drives the anti government antagonists.....the reality is that this government will not be perfect....that they have many historical issues to counteract to survive, that they will encounter a steep learning curve......in short they will do well to complete their term, and it may not be pretty, survival seldom is. If they implement projects that enhance the lives of Thai people, the econmy holds together, and they complete their term, this should provide a platform for Thailand to move forward........remove this transient period and you put Thailand back 30 years......some will accept this scenario and support.......others will bitch and moan

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 2

To take your last phrase

... lots in the middle removed ...

some will accept this scenario and support.......others will bitch and moan

I have to remember this, for next time some poster doesn't want to agree with me.

Mind you it doesn't really help in our discussion on whether or not PM Yingluck should be present during the second reading of the charter amentment.

To take your last phrase

I have to remember this, for next time some poster doesn't want to agree with me.

Mind you it doesn't really help in our discussion on whether or not PM Yingluck should be present during the second reading of the charter amentment.

I thought your decision was made.....post #100

5. I must admit having her there or not having her there seems not to matter at all, like in other debates

To take your last phrase

Why does there need to be a discussion? The minister responsible for the legislatiion did a good job of it. The management of the process followed the same approach/process as in other parliamentary democracies. What's next? Demands that the PM take responsibility for tabling the national budget? I do believe that this is nitpicking. The PM was present for the vote unlike some that should have been there to vote. The legislation is an amendment to an existing Charter, not a rewrite.

Please tell me in in what large parliament does a PM sit through the 3 readings and debates of Bills.

Gk and ego,   Does sound to me that Yingluck not being present, is no problem, maybe never being there!!!! if the rest are so capable. They are are capable are they???? you both have so much faith in the whole set up, and Yinglucks capabilities, nothing more to add. I'm not posting to change your way of thinking, that's your business. The biggest thing that stands out with you two and a handful of others is the way that the defense wall is built every time there is cock-ups, delays, excuses, where on earth do you think all the money is coming from to fulfill the pledges, Suppose there is an explanation for this Samsung tablet that Yingluck held high, not even having the slightest thought about equip-the schools the chargers-the electrics the teacher training-the back up, the repairs, the cost of what was it 9 million Samsungs---then China made at what price ??? difference eh?? and then how many are getting them for school start.  This is only 1 topic.  mind you we had the floods, that the capable minister admitted he got the dam water wrong, I want to applaud 1 big item that they promised that has been fully met that is helping the poor farmer in Issan who voted them in.

• Like 2

This is only 1 topic. mind you we had the floods, that the capable minister admitted he got the dam water wrong, I want to applaud 1 big item that they promised that has been fully met that is helping the poor farmer in Issan who voted them in.

I think we may be in for a long wait, almost three quarters of a year since the election, and the rural people have gained exactly nothing, gone backwards in some cases.

Gk and ego, Does sound to me that Yingluck not being present, is no problem, maybe never being there!!!! if the rest are so capable. They are are capable are they???? you both have so much faith in the whole set up, and Yinglucks capabilities, nothing more to add. I'm not posting to change your way of thinking, that's your business. The biggest thing that stands out with you two and a handful of others is the way that the defense wall is built every time there is cock-ups, delays, excuses, where on earth do you think all the money is coming from to fulfill the pledges, Suppose there is an explanation for this Samsung tablet that Yingluck held high, not even having the slightest thought about equip-the schools the chargers-the electrics the teacher training-the back up, the repairs, the cost of what was it 9 million Samsungs---then China made at what price ??? difference eh?? and then how many are getting them for school start. This is only 1 topic. mind you we had the floods, that the capable minister admitted he got the dam water wrong, I want to applaud 1 big item that they promised that has been fully met that is helping the poor farmer in Issan who voted them in.

You are all over the place. The subject you and others keep raising is that the PM must be present in the House for the reading and discussion of the Bill amending the Charter. How many times does it have to be stated that a PM almost never is in the House for the reading and debates of Bills? The exception is the "Budget" Bill when the PM is usually present for the tabling and key vote of the legislation. The PM was present for the Charter Bill votes.

I have repeatedly asked why it is so out of the ordinary for the PM not to be present for basic legislative activity. No one has provided a coherent answer. This isn't about me, but is about the refusal of you and your cohorts to recognize how a Parliament works. If the PM was in the House as often as you wanted, nothing would get done. This is why there are ministers and MPs. PM Yingluck is doing what a PM does in ant Parliament.

The fact of the matter is that you can not provide any examples of where a PM sits through all the Bill legislative process in a parliament.And now, you go off on a tangent to items not attached to the Bill to amend the Charter.

I'll make it very simple. Show me a Parliament where the PM sits through the reading and debate of Bills. I'll make it easier; When Mr. Abhisit was PM did he do what you now demand the PM do? Here's a hint: No he did not, because that is not what a PM does.

Instead of blaming me or tossing petty childish insults, some of you people really need to make an effort to learn about the process of legislation in Thailand. The sitting PM is not doing anything out of the ordinary.

Edited by geriatrickid

Gk and ego, Does sound to me that Yingluck not being present, is no problem, maybe never being there!!!! if the rest are so capable. They are are capable are they???? you both have so much faith in the whole set up, and Yinglucks capabilities, nothing more to add. I'm not posting to change your way of thinking, that's your business. The biggest thing that stands out with you two and a handful of others is the way that the defense wall is built every time there is cock-ups, delays, excuses, where on earth do you think all the money is coming from to fulfill the pledges, Suppose there is an explanation for this Samsung tablet that Yingluck held high, not even having the slightest thought about equip-the schools the chargers-the electrics the teacher training-the back up, the repairs, the cost of what was it 9 million Samsungs---then China made at what price ??? difference eh?? and then how many are getting them for school start. This is only 1 topic. mind you we had the floods, that the capable minister admitted he got the dam water wrong, I want to applaud 1 big item that they promised that has been fully met that is helping the poor farmer in Issan who voted them in.

She is the sister of the Messiah´s. In the worshipers eye´s it´s makes her a semi God, and they can never say or do enything wrong.

You are all over the place. The subject you and others keep raising is that the PM must be present in the House for the reading and discussion of the Bill amending the Charter. How many times does it have to be stated that a PM almost never is in the House for the reading and debates of Bills? The exception is the "Budget" Bill when the PM is usually present for the tabling of the legislation.

I have repeatedly asked why it is so out of the ordinary for the PM not to be present for basic legislative activity. No one has provide a coherent answer. This isn't about me, but is about the refusal of you and your cohorts to recognize how a Parliament works. If the PM was in the House as often as you wanted, nothing would get done. This is why there are ministers and MPs.

The fact of the matter is that you can not provide any examples of where a PM sits through all the Bill legislative process in a parliament.

And now, you go off on a tangent to items not atatched to the Bill to amend the Charter.

I'll make it very simple. Show me a Parliament where the PM sits through the reading and debate of Bills. I'll make it easier,when Mr. Abhisit was PM did he do what you now demand the PM do? Here's a hint: No he did not, because that is not what a PM does.

Instead of blaming me or tossing petty childish insults some of you people really need to make an effort to learn about the process of legislation in Thailand. The sitting PM is not doing anything out of the ordinary.

We all know why she do everyting to avoid the Parlament.

She is the sister of the Messiah´s. In the worshipers eye´s it´s makes her a semi God, and they can never say or do enything wrong.

How is this relevant to this aprticular thread. I have repeatedly explained how a Parliament enacts legislation. Instead of rebutting that, you and others have resorted to childish comments. The only one claiming the PM is a semi God is you. Why are you having so much difficulty staying on topic? Is it because you know you cannot support your allegations? Think about it. Instead of dealing with the actual subject matter you offer something unrelated.

If you are right, then back up your position. You cannot do that because you and the others complaining here are ignorant as to how a Parliament works and you just cannot bear to admit that you do not have the slightest idea of how the Thai House passes legislation. The House process for the Charter Amendment Bill is no different than the process on any other Bill. The PM's activities are no different than those of oher PMs.

We all know why she do everyting to avoid the Parlament.

Why are you incapable of responding to the actual subject matter? What did the PM do that was out of the ordinary in respect to the introduction and passage of legislation. Can you cite some examples of previous PMs sitting through 3 readings of Amendment Bills either in Thailand or elsewhere?

Try and make an attempt at offering a rational argument, ok?

You are all over the place. The subject you and others keep raising is that the PM must be present in the House for the reading and discussion of the Bill amending the Charter. How many times does it have to be stated that a PM almost never is in the House for the reading and debates of Bills? The exception is the "Budget" Bill when the PM is usually present for the tabling and key vote of the legislation. The PM was present for the Charter Bill votes.

I have repeatedly asked why it is so out of the ordinary for the PM not to be present for basic legislative activity. No one has provided a coherent answer. This isn't about me, but is about the refusal of you and your cohorts to recognize how a Parliament works. If the PM was in the House as often as you wanted, nothing would get done. This is why there are ministers and MPs. PM Yingluck is doing what a PM does in ant Parliament.

The fact of the matter is that you can not provide any examples of where a PM sits through all the Bill legislative process in a parliament.And now, you go off on a tangent to items not attached to the Bill to amend the Charter.

I'll make it very simple. Show me a Parliament where the PM sits through the reading and debate of Bills. I'll make it easier; When Mr. Abhisit was PM did he do what you now demand the PM do? Here's a hint: No he did not, because that is not what a PM does.

Instead of blaming me or tossing petty childish insults, some of you people really need to make an effort to learn about the process of legislation in Thailand. The sitting PM is not doing anything out of the ordinary.

Ok Gk. Show one example where a leader of a country has not been present for a reading on the new charter of the country. Seriously I challenge you just one example.

I guess it depends on what you term a leader, doesn't appear the presence of a PM has been required at many in Thailand at all

"Thailand has had seventeen charters and constitutions, reflecting a high degree of political instability and frequency of military coups in the nation. After each successful coup military regimes abrogated existing constitutions and promulgated new ones, often with new provisions inserted that favor the military regime and its supporters".

Source: Wiki

If I felt in my heart that this LOT was a genuine respected cabinet,and super focused P.M. I would not be throwing mud. Do you think I'm not aware of the non transparency of this elected government and it's motives, after 31 years here believe me or not, these people are not the right people to be backing, you cannot see that. I hope for the Kingdom that good times are ahead, and if there was a glow I would be the first to encourage. Sorry to disappoint you My natural instincts tell me otherwise. I never mentioned they were not previously accomplished -that doesn't make them valid. You believe all the promises will benefit the electorate. Ha.

Speaking honestly doesn't mean someone is ranting, using a word like that is too common on these topics. I do wish I could feel that a lot of sweat and knowhow is being put into these pledges. Anyway my friend if you remember near all these pledges were made in a fury of election heat, without looking to see if they were ON-or even affordable. Time will be my friend-and we will talk about this say in 6 months to see if anymore are put on hold or ditched. My opinion overall is too much was promised in to short a time, showing the lack of professionalism from the fledgeling government, getting power was more important than caring for their voters.

To take your last phrase first......if a government is not in power it is difficult to effect any change....so although your comment is valid it is not practical

Do you agree that while this government made promises in the heat of the election and are struggling with delivery there is an undoubted intention to deliver? Many have already been allocated funds

There is a misaprehension that the people on the forum who attempt to dilute the vitriolic remarks directed at the government feel the government "can do no wrong"..........perhaps this misaprehension drives the anti government antagonists.....the reality is that this government will not be perfect....that they have many historical issues to counteract to survive, that they will encounter a steep learning curve......in short they will do well to complete their term, and it may not be pretty, survival seldom is. If they implement projects that enhance the lives of Thai people, the econmy holds together, and they complete their term, this should provide a platform for Thailand to move forward........remove this transient period and you put Thailand back 30 years......some will accept this scenario and support.......others will bitch and moan

Spot on 473.............

Completely agree with you.

To hell with the naysayers and the prophets of doom.

Fact is she is well liked and her government is growing in poise, popularity and expertise.

Big change is coming to Thailand and the next 2 or 3 years will decide whether we go forwards or backwards.

All the Thais I know, understand this and are worried.

Far from the clonish fool that she is portrayed on here, she may actually become a stabilising influence.

Spot on 473.............

Completely agree with you.

To hell with the naysayers and the prophets of doom.

Fact is she is well liked and her government is growing in poise, popularity and expertise.

Big change is coming to Thailand and the next 2 or 3 years will decide whether we go forwards or backwards.

All the Thais I know, understand this and are worried.

Far from the clonish fool that she is portrayed on here, she may actually become a stabilising influence.

Many of the Thai I know are also understanding and worried.

Anyway PM Yingluck will not attend yet another session of parliament, no questions should be asked because all should know she's not present. No need to complain, the important government figures will be present and as you know we see no reason for further dialogue.

For those who insist on complaining, please keep in mind we have it from reliable sources that the English parliament works in a similar fashion.

Thank you. Now go your way and don't bother us.

Edited by rubl

To take your last phrase

Why does there need to be a discussion? The minister responsible for the legislatiion did a good job of it. The management of the process followed the same approach/process as in other parliamentary democracies. What's next? Demands that the PM take responsibility for tabling the national budget? I do believe that this is nitpicking. The PM was present for the vote unlike some that should have been there to vote. The legislation is an amendment to an existing Charter, not a rewrite.

Please tell me in in what large parliament does a PM sit through the 3 readings and debates of Bills.

"The minister responsible for the legislatiion did a good job of it."

It's 3AM, maybe after I stop laughing and assuming I feel up to it tomorrow I may dig up some reasoning. Of course in England a charter amendment (aka constitution change or augmentation) would hardly be deemed a reason for the PM to be around.

In the mean time as I wrote before, if it's really necessary the PM goes on a trip, never mind her job is 24/7/365 and she'll be reachable at any time. Be it an official dinner, treaty signing or a funeral, she'll always answer her phone or looks at new messages arriving smile.png

Edited by rubl

And some would tacitly support Thailand going back to how it was 30 years ago: Can't manage without well-paid expat expertise; maids, gardeners, all types of entertainment for next-to-nothing. Keep 'em stupid and smiling. What a great place. Except it aint going to happen now, and the sooner the lid is taken off properly, the less chance there is of the pan boiling over in an ugly way. The growing pains of democracy will, of course, see Thaksin (and possibly one or two other egomaniacs) make hay for a while. But Thailand will steadily grow as a nation, despite the assorted vested interests trying to preserve it as a semi-feudal society. It's the way first world nations always come about.

Your response Rubl provides a classic example of why you and those of identical opinion garner little respect........a totally uncompromising negative approach.....how sad...you will note Rubl that even with your additions there is not one project you can state is not going to happen......yet still you try to throw a negative slant.......good on PTP.....they may be out with their timing but they are surely giving it a good go.....

Thanks for your opinion wai.gif

You will note that lots of the 'projects' were already being discussed or pursued. Some have been turned around a bit to make sure the right people profit, that's all sometimes smile.png

You have proof of course of which of these "projects have been turned around a bit to make sure the right people profit". Please, feel free to show us what you know or is it just another throwaway line of no substance.

I didn't start this list of 'accomplishments', so ask 473geo why he thought this helped in the discussion on whether or not it would be usefull for the PM to be at a charter (aka constitution) amendment reading for which the parliamentary holiday has been postponed.

Let me be kind and throw you one line, the 350 - 410 billion Baht Rice Price Pledging scheme which ran from Octobet 7th, 2011 till the 28th of February 2012. I assume all the right and targetted people are rich now?

Dont forget the onion pledging sceme too, the Gov bought the whole onion crop and paid a connected company to store them, after a few months locals complained about the stench of rotting onions. An investigation showed over 50% of the onions has rotted at a loss of 100s of million baht.

I saw this on Thai TV news channel 3, the only reference in eglish I can find is............. http://www.thaivisa....e-thai-opinion/

• Posted 2012-03-17 06:35:44

EDITORIAL

Crop policy leads to failure and long-term damage

The Nation

The government has, since October last year, spent more than Bt300 billion for pledging programmes on rice, cassava, garlic and red onions. The programme has, however, resulted in depressed rice prices instead of shoring them up.

A small group of people has benefited from this populist policy. But the majority has not. The evidence is in a recent series of rallies held by farmers asking for the government to provide them with even more subsidies. Apparently, the policy is not creating a multiplier effect in benefiting a majority of farmers.

If the government does not remedy this situation, it will not only squander a massive budget, but also, in the longer run, entirely wreck the already reduced competitiveness of Thai farmers.

Edited by waza

Your response Rubl provides a classic example of why you and those of identical opinion garner little respect........a totally uncompromising negative approach.....how sad...you will note Rubl that even with your additions there is not one project you can state is not going to happen......yet still you try to throw a negative slant.......good on PTP.....they may be out with their timing but they are surely giving it a good go.....

Thanks for your opinion wai.gif

You will note that lots of the 'projects' were already being discussed or pursued. Some have been turned around a bit to make sure the right people profit, that's all sometimes smile.png

You have proof of course of which of these "projects have been turned around a bit to make sure the right people profit". Please, feel free to show us what you know or is it just another throwaway line of no substance.

I didn't start this list of 'accomplishments', so ask 473geo why he thought this helped in the discussion on whether or not it would be usefull for the PM to be at a charter (aka constitution) amendment reading for which the parliamentary holiday has been postponed.

Let me be kind and throw you one line, the 350 - 410 billion Baht Rice Price Pledging scheme which ran from Octobet 7th, 2011 till the 28th of February 2012. I assume all the right and targetted people are rich now?

And your proof or is it just another throwaway line?

Now being how many months since the PM Yingluck government started?

BTW when can we start counting for the 'rich in six months time' ?

August 2011 when his government assumed control.

Just curious, but did our dear PM ever activily take part in a debate in parliament ? I know it's not even a year yet that the government was installed, may be I'm just a wee bit impatient to she her perform there ?

I am trying to imagine an actual debate in Parliament (like they have in England) where the PM has to stand there, articulate her position, and take on the opposition single-handedly with her own wit, intellect, and oratorical skills (sure... in Thai) ... and not relying on a bunch of goons and spokespeople pushing cameras away and deflecting unwanted questions with cutesy smiles.

She's to find the building first

Well thats all very interesting but offtopic2.gif

The fact remain that Thailand has an inept, abcentee PM who shows no leadership and shirks her duty. Yes Yingluck should attend heads of state meetings oversea, but for the mundane trade and policy meetings they should be left for the foriegn minister. It is obvious the plan is to keep Yingluck out of the way while Thaksin rules the country via proxy, the cabinet members. The cabinet member in return issue royal medals to her on the kings behalf, she has recieved 3 since the party was elected.

Edited by waza

'O' It was only a reading and it's going well. (SMOOTHLY) and it's the 3rd reading.

So much for all the PM Yingluck knockers, she was not really required for the reading at all, her trip overseas was therefore more important.

Parliament President Somsak Kiartsuranon said the third reading of the charter amendment bill will be held on May 8.

He said he hoped that the second reading of the bill, which resumed Wednesday, would continue smoothly.

The Nation

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Third-reading-of-charter-amendment-bill-to-be-held-30180176.html