Weather, Flooding And Power Shortages!

I just called my local embassy in Thailand as a group of us want to travel north from Singapore to Penang and then to Hat Yai then Samui, and I was told that Hat Yai is completly flooded and so is Krabi and Samui. Apparently there have been sever water and power shortages happening frequently. How true and how bad is this? I'm planning to be there mid next week from 29th onwards but all my travel plans are on hold now till I'm able to find out what's happenin over there? Is it still shitty weather there? A response to this post would be SOOO appreciated. Cheers

Powers not out on Samui anymore, neither is it flooded nor are there water shortages. Bit rainy today but I've heard that will pass by monday. Not sure how easy it is to get through Hat Yai at the moment but when this happened a year or so ago the main road was opened in a day.

have you had power the past two days SBK? we haven't in TNP... it was out from 9am til about 5:30 yesterday and from about 9am to 4 today. :o also i noticed it was sunny and warm in thongsala today but it is still cold, cloudy, and intermittently sprinkling in TNP. i think someone did som voodoo on this place this year!

have you had power the past two days SBK?  we haven't in TNP... it was out from 9am til about 5:30 yesterday and from about 9am to 4 today. :o  also i noticed it was sunny and warm in thongsala today but it is still cold, cloudy, and intermittently sprinkling in TNP. i think someone did som voodoo on this place this year!

All day power, are they working on the road perhaps? That could do it. And that sun was brief, I'll tell you. But at least we don't have the wind you do over there. One bonus, keeps the mozzies away :D

girlx and I are on Koh Phangan, but I have had many customers come from Samui and many head to Samui and have heard no reports of flooding or power outages. Your embassies are several weeks late in their news reports.

#@%*^cold and windy here in samui at the moment :D

today overcast but only a little sprinkling rain, lights on in the house at 5pm. feels like winter :o and it lasts already too long by now for my taste. even the dogs and cats outside are freezing, snuggling up on blankets together. waking up frozen in the middle of night even with thick blanket and 3 furry companions in bed :D