Pizza, Baked On A Pickup Truck! Thai-Street Food Become International!

oki

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember as the op said it is street food.If expensive and depending on locations used the Thais will not pay more than 40 baht!! unless that is you are making the strange assumption that you are going to be selling only to Farang which is why so many business's fail here.

As an example the Kebab stalls are selling small for 30 baht large 40 baht and that is in the markets in Khon Kaen.

Common sense post at last. I had begun to think it was just me.

Read the above and you will understand why there are not a proliferation of successful fish and chip shops in Thailand.

• Like 1

if only to have the lady chef in the photo give me one of them dazzling smiles..

Bloody hell tutsi mate. There's most probably more cheese in the above post than one of his pizzas.biggrin.png

cheese?...I doan see no cheese...I doan haveta show you no stinkin' cheese!

now...a Royale with cheese, perhaps...

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/pulp-fiction/trailers/film-clip-royale-with-cheese-26810918.html

now...tutsi was in one of them souless Paris suburbs at the end of the northern metro line with his little son and tutsi ordered at the local Mc D: 'Royale au fromage and a beer too s'il vous plait...' and my boy he got a sundae...unforgettable...

a beer and a burger in Paris...only in Paris...the stinkin' americans can never get it right...and then I said to my boy; 'hey look! there's Hemingway and Ezra Pound walkin' past the window!'...and then he said; 'who's that fat lady that's widdem?'

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1

Smokie how do you know what there customers will pay? Are you the fortune teller on the corner? Again if they cannot afford to eat it then dont eat it. I see may thai's eating Yanni Pizza at much higher prices and Pizza company at much higher price's. Have you opened your eye's yet? Maybe you dont want to pay that, but why should the owner not make money? ermm.gif

I don't want to eat a whole pizza while I'm walking down the street. Frankly I'd pay 100 Baht a slice IF I thought it worth the money.

...walking?! That's the way how it works. Simplicity and with fun! Ooops there is no Farang in the picture!

post-110954-0-98182600-1336195372_thumb.

if only to have the lady chef in the photo give me one of them dazzling smiles..

Bloody hell tutsi mate. There's most probably more cheese in the above post than one of his pizzas.biggrin.png

cheese?...I doan see no cheese...I doan haveta show you no stinkin' cheese!

now...a Royale with cheese, perhaps...

http://movies.yahoo....e-26810918.html

Cheeeeese?!

post-110954-0-78508100-1336196188_thumb.

Can't someone pop along and give an unbiased review of this place? biggrin.png

I tried a Pizza when they where finally static and all i can say is that it was crap wai.gif and expensive for the quality of bad ingredients used........is that ok for you mate! smile.png

I'm pretty certain that there is one of these in Rompho market in Jomtien. It seems to be quite popular but I've never tried it and surely never will at those prices. For 200B I prefer the Pizza buffet at Loaf Bakery.

There was a French guy named Patrick, who made pizza in the back of his pickup, parked on Haisoke Road across from the Pantawee Hotel in Nong Khai. Last saw him in about 2008, and he was there for at least two years. Sold pizzas for 99 baht, used real mozzarella (sparse), but did most of his business selling those creamy seafood pizzas the Thais seem to like. Claimed to sell 100 a night. His Thai wife would set up a couple of tables and chairs on the sidewalk next to the pickup, and serve drinks.

Could do worse than 10000 baht/night, with minimal expense. He was a really nice guy, too...not surprised he is no longer there. Nong Khai ain't what it was, hospitality-wise....

selling by the slice

while a great compromise - really isn't

first the owner is already limited on space as he's doing this from a truck and while has refers to keep toppings cold he doesnt have Warner's to keep the partial pieces of pie warm

perhaps sharing a pie with a friend would be the best option for all

personally I think it's a great business and hope it never ends

question, is he making red or white sauce pizza's?

I'm currently in Italy and can't wait to try some good pizza in Thailand

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks good....anyone tried yet?

I've eaten pizza from these mobile shops and it tastes great ! Another place to get really nice pizza I would highly recommend 99 Pattaya Pizza on Soi 16 across from Sophon Market, 99 baht for a Margherita pizza, tastes great...

I was back at the mobile pizza place yesterday, late afternoon for an early dinner. My appetite was looking for some new, more exotic, something different, another pizza topping.

I pleased the lovely pizzaiola for assistance and finally, ...we designed this mouthwatering new pizza topping

Pizza base spread with home made pizzaiola sauce and in virgin olive oil marinated finely chopped garlics and parsley, topped with red onion rings and covered with a good portion of fresh mozzarella cheese!

Pizza aroy!

Pizza aroy mag! *****

What a meal!

ups, I forget to make a photo from this simple, but most delicious pizza.

OK, I will do it next time!

Here it comes 'Pizza Don Pepe"

Edited by oki

personally, I prefer Philadelphia pizza to NYC...I was in NYC recently and wandered up Broadway from 61st to 96th and tried the 'by the slice' offering along the way and philly was surperior in all cases; never soggy and with nice crust and better toppings...I would get a whole pie with olives, onions, mushrooms and peppers and it would last fer 2 days...righteous...

in NYC I stuck to the deli salads and the falafel sandwiches...and they had in-house prepared hummous that was really good with nice arabic bread...I musta gained 10kgs in 4 days...whooeee, baby...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I got a pizza from this place last week. It was quite good. It's thin crust (I prefer thick, chewy crust myself) but was nicely charred and tasty. The toppings and cheese were generous. The pizza at Pala is my favorite by a large margin but we'll be ordering from this place again.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

For sterters, Please tell me where you get pizza under 200 baht with air con? Maybe Cambodia! Its going to get expensive for all foods starting Jan 1,2013. The 300 baht a day salary wage comes into play. Good luck if you have no money. Because not only will you not be eating out, but, no money no honey!!!!

For sterters, Please tell me where you get pizza under 200 baht with air con? Maybe Cambodia! Its going to get expensive for all foods starting Jan 1,2013. The 300 baht a day salary wage comes into play. Good luck if you have no money. Because not only will you not be eating out, but, no money no honey!!!!

i dont see how the increase to 300 a day will effect food prices the current average way for kitchen and waiting staff is 250 - 300 a day now so even a increase of 50 baht will not be noticed

lets say a quiet restaurant does 20 covers a day with 2 staff to pay that would be an extra 100 baht in wages making 5 baht per cover not the end of the world

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i dont see how the increase to 300 a day will effect food prices the current average way for kitchen and waiting staff is 250 - 300 a day now so even a increase of 50 baht will not be noticed

lets say a quiet restaurant does 20 covers a day with 2 staff to pay that would be an extra 100 baht in wages making 5 baht per cover not the end of the world

Food prices will be going up and have been because all the emp[loyees must get that 300. Not just the people in the restaurant, but the people delivering supplies, people working the check outs etc.

This is what I call a Pizza Truck:

attachicon.gifPizza_del_popolo_sized.jpg

With the vehicle taxes in LOS I'll bet the truck in the photo would top out at at least ฿ 5.5 million.

Quite a few pizzas.

Commercial vehicles are taxed much lower. One cheap secondhand truck ( even just cab, drivetrain and chassis) from the many commercial breakers everywhere and some welding less 500K in total.