Death Threat To Thaksin Remains: Defence Minister

webfact

Talks of assasination, yellow shirt protests, coups, now you know how far his enemies will go to keep this popular hero to the majority of Thai people from returning to this country.

Oh please, change the damned record mate. Less than 75% of Thais voted in the last election and of those just over half voted PT. There is no way on earth anyone with half a brain can claim 100% of those, voted purely for Thaksin. Even if they all did as you claim then you still have considerably less than half the (voting) population. It's simply a matter of numbers, although clearly you don't like to let the facts get in the way of good old fashioned rhetoric.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why specifically Defence Minister Gen. Sukampol S. should be concerned and worried about the assassination attempts on k. Thaksin. I would think that's more for the MoFA and MoI who worry they might not be able to bring this criminal on the run back to Thailand and face justice like any other Thai.

Thaksin does give to charities in Thailand regulary, He donated lots of money to the poor during the flooding last year.

that was faked lies...

I just watched some red tv because I want to be broadly informed. I'm sorry but I couldn't watch it longer than a few minutes. Flood relief packages distributed by a truck with a big banner of Thaksin. I doubt he paid for it and it made me sick.

Sounds like FROC needs to re-issue it's rule again (from 9 days ago)

TR @aunoline: FROC's new rule - all trucks carry donations will bear FROC name only. A political party sign allowed as a small sticker.

Further report, in the other paper, of huge banners, in contradiction of the FROC's ruling, on flood relief trucks saying in red letters, DONATED ITEMS COURTESY OF POLITICIAN KARUN HOSAKUL (the indicted Red Shirt Leader out on bail/Pheu Thai Party MP) followed later by a truck's banner reading, A GIFT FROM POLICE GENERAL THAKSIN SHINAWATRA.

Well, I only went out for 30 minutes to do some shopping! You all absolutely hate this man to death no wonder theres reports of assasination attempts. Whats the point to these threads if your all batting for the same team? I have my point of view and you have yours. Freedom of speech and all that is a part of democracy.

Talks of assasination, yellow shirt protests, coups, now you know how far his enemies will go to keep this popular hero to the majority of Thai people from returning to this country.

Oh please, change the damned record mate. Less than 75% of Thais voted in the last election and of those just over half voted PT. There is no way on earth anyone with half a brain can claim 100% of those, voted purely for Thaksin. Even if they all did as you claim then you still have considerably less than half the (voting) population. It's simply a matter of numbers, although clearly you don't like to let the facts get in the way of good old fashioned rhetoric.

Throughout the democratic world there have always been those who invoke numbers if an election result is in conflict with their own wishes.Leaving these bores to one side, most reasonable people accept that elections are played by certain rules.If these rules are fairly applied then the result is accepted as an election victory (even if for example the opposition votes in total or the electorate numbers as a whole exceed those of the largest party).It's happened in both the US and the UK and in coalition oriented continental Europe happens constantly without feeble minded whining.The last election in Thailand was not even border line since it gave a very commanding victoiry to the PTP and its allies (which in their case of course didn't have to be brought with dirty money)

The above is factually accurate in calling him former prime minister. The OP is inaccurate in calling him fugitive prime minister. Posts saying he is on the run, running from the law, a fugitive, and other such nonsense are spin meisters in service of an agenda.

and once again... the last time and the second to last time this was raised....

I'm sick the media referring to Taskin Shinawatra as the "fugitive former premier". Surely a more accurate description would be "deposed prime minister Taskin Shinawatra".

There is the 'fugitive' thing again. The Opposition seems to think that repetition best serves their agenda. Who am I to argue.

Use of this term is agenda, pure and simple.

Can we put this continued malarkey where it belongs.... in the trash bin.

In your world, the opposition controls Reuters...

Fugitive ex-PM Thaksin

http://www.msnbc.msn...t/#.T0Rx_1buUbQ

In your world, the opposition controls Bloomberg News...

Sister of Fugitive Ex-Premier Thaksin

http://www.bloomberg...tion-party.html

In your world, the opposition controls TIME magazine...

Will Thailand's Most Famous Fugitive Get His Passport Back?

http://www.time.com/...l#ixzz1n5CU5wTk

In your world, the opposition controls AFP...

Fugitive ex-leader Thaksin

http://www.google.co...2833ba7fb93.2f1

In your world, the opposition controls BBC...

fugitive ex-leader Thaksin Shinawatra

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-15831430

In your world, the opposition controls the New York Times...

Thailand’s fugitive former prime minister

http://www.nytimes.c...sia/27thai.html

You are very welcome to join the rest of the world wherein such nonsensical conspiracies are relegated to the Jokes Forum.

Perhaps you two could start a letter-writing campaign to Reuters, TIME magazine, AFP, BBC, New York Times etc.

Perhaps you three could start a etc. etc. etc.

• Like 1

Well, I only went out for 30 minutes to do some shopping! You all absolutely hate this man to death no wonder theres reports of assasination attempts. Whats the point to these threads if your all batting for the same team? I have my point of view and you have yours. Freedom of speech and all that is a part of democracy.

What's the point AND freedom of speech ?

Without details on the assassination threat to k. Thaksin's life it's difficult to understand the nature, seriousness and relevance of it. Of course one would have to be a real cynical person to even wonder aloud if the rumours were started by k. Kwanchai and continued by others to obfuscate the rather disappointing numbers of Thai having hopped over the border to say hello to k. Thaksin.

The point is I thought you guys would be glad to have a chance to argue the point over Thaksins return to Thailand and whether you thought this was great news or not from someone who likes the guy. The good old big T, square faced happy go lucky cheeky chap.

The point is I thought you guys would be glad to have a chance to argue the point over Thaksins return to Thailand and whether you thought this was great news or not from someone who likes the guy. The good old big T, square faced happy go lucky cheeky chap.

If Thaskisn came back to serve his time and fight his other charges it would be good and show that the rule of law applies to everyone. But when posters sing the old songs from the Amsterdam book of misdirections and untruths it makes the red light flash on my bullshit meter.

There have been a number of posts asking you to prove your arguments - as in any debate. I haven't seen one reference to your claims.

Instead of continually posting more banality, please provide some backing for your claims, or just admit BS.

tukkytuktuk, It's a majority thing, you'll get used to it. The majority of posters on this forum express varying degrees of emotion , from disagreement to hatred (mainly the upper quartile), towards Thaksin, the Red Shirts, PTP (or any thaksin party before), Yingluck or any variation thereof.

By definition, they're right and you're wrong and probably stupid, a (insert group or name here) apologist, a loser, liberal pinko, communist, fascist (sometimes both in the same thread) and many other insults.

When engaging in discussion with some of the enlightened on here you will be asked (normally several times with increasing shrillness) what your views are on the Khmer Rouge, Pol Pot, Hitler, Mussolini, the Spanish Inquisition and any other despot you care to name because you "obviously" support them or their views.

At any point in the debate where you appear to be getting your point of view across be prepared to be descended upon from high by the "usual suspects" - you've already met some of them.

Good Luck.

It's not everyone who can appreciate the good points of a murderous venal megalomaniac. I should congratulate you, as well as avoiding any close association.

tukkytuktuk, It's a majority thing, you'll get used to it. The majority of posters on this forum express varying degrees of emotion , from disagreement to hatred (mainly the upper quartile), towards Thaksin, the Red Shirts, PTP (or any thaksin party before), Yingluck or any variation thereof.

By definition, they're right and you're wrong and probably stupid, a (insert group or name here) apologist, a loser, liberal pinko, communist, fascist (sometimes both in the same thread) and many other insults.

When engaging in discussion with some of the enlightened on here you will be asked (normally several times with increasing shrillness) what your views are on the Khmer Rouge, Pol Pot, Hitler, Mussolini, the Spanish Inquisition and any other despot you care to name because you "obviously" support them or their views.

At any point in the debate where you appear to be getting your point of view across be prepared to be descended upon from high by the "usual suspects" - you've already met some of them.

Good Luck.

Yes PPD it's a majority thing. One day, perhaps, you will understand that when you can remain calm while everyone else panics, you have no idea <deleted> is happening.

Good Luck.

What's the point AND freedom of some speech ?

Okay, so you do all hate Thaksin on this forum, well I think its about time we change the majority of you into Pro Taksin bloggers such as myself. Don't be shy, cowering under your keyboard come out and post some pro Thaksin stuff, lets change these people into correct minded democratic thought. Are you with me?

Okay, so you do all hate Thaksin on this forum, well I think its about time we change the majority of you into Pro Taksin bloggers such as myself. Don't be shy, cowering under your keyboard come out and post some pro Thaksin stuff, lets change these people into correct minded democratic thought. Are you with me?

Not all on this forum hate k. Thaksin, some really love him and all the good he has done for the country. I'm certain though that not even the negatives would ever try to plot an assassination of k. Thaksin. I may be wrong, but the MoD has not deemed it necessary to provide me with details on who might be plotting wink.png

Edited by rubl

Not all on this forum hate k. Thaksin, some really love him and all the good he has done for the country. I'm certain though that not even the negatives would ever try to plot an assassination of k. Thaksin. I may be wrong, but the MoD has not deemed it necessary to provide me with details on who might be plotting wink.png

Your post presupposes that the MoD has any such information, and that assassination claims are not as requested by T as a sympathy ploy.

If the status of the fugitive was raised to "Dead or Alive" with a sufficient bounty, then it would be collected in a record minimal time.

if a bounty is posted, I may even consider putting on my Dog outfit. gives "Bring Back Thaksin" a new, and much more palatable, flavour

Arrrwww, Isn't it great that we can all be friends after a days posting in which we argued the toss over Thaksin. I haven't had this much fun since tweeting on Thaksinlive.com or attending that red shirt meeting when I played dominoes with the black shirts. Oh, another outlet for my hobby of politics.

Oh so some of you do like Thaksin. Do think Thaksin looks good with glasses on or off? And if Yingluck is his sister why doesn't she have a square shaped head like her brother?

What are you trying to suggest here? That Ms Yingluck as Thaksin puppet should look more alike him than she actually does? Well, thank God she looks better than her older brother. wai.gif

Sorry you missed the parade, but it's already been done to death in countless previous threads.

saai.gif

Oh, well excuse me I'll keep my worthless posts to myself. Don't bother posting anicdotes about Thaksin its been done to death on this forum. What about Abbasit jokes? How does a Democrat party leader become Prime Minister? With a tank, silly.

• Like 1

. Freedom of speech

Ah yes, Freedom of speech... which is why the Yingluck government blocked more websites in their first 4 months in office than the Democrats blocked in 2 years.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda.whistling.gif

"But don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda" - Something you would do well to follow.

I post an excerpt from Global Voices Online detailing the number of sites blocked by the "democrat" party written on the 8th November 2010. The numbers posted are only gleaned from government media releases so the true number could be much higher.

That means as of the 8th November 2010 with another 6/7 months of their government left to go they had managed to ban according to official figures, 277,610 websites.

Are you seriously expecting the forum to believe that the PTP government has blocked more than a third of a million more websites in the first 4 months of their government.

Global Voices Online

Conservative, Royalist Manager media network published the first government announcement of further Internet censorship since July.

Buried in Manager’s propaganda, we learn that the new Army commander has signed a memorandum of understanding with the ICT minister and the ministers of justice and culture. The MOU specifies 43,000 new websites to be blocked immediately and 3,000 pending for lèse majesté content.

Thai government's official media releases since the Emergency Decree April 7 already totalled 210,110 blocked websites.

Websites blocked prior to Emergency Decree April 7: 65,000

Thai Rath, April 15: 190 websites, and a further 500 per day, to October 29: 99,500

Prachatai, May 9: 50,000 websites

Thai ISP blocking: 15,000 websites

CRES, May 14: 770 websites CRES: May 21: 1,150 websites

MICT, June 17: 43,000, plus 3,000 planned

Thai government has no plan to lift the state of emergency but they seem to be blocking as fast as they can in case the situation reverts to ‘normal’ and they must once again seek court orders for blocking under the Computer Crimes Act 2007.

Relying solely upon govt media releases to date, Thailand is now blocking 277,610 websites.

Written by CJ Hinke Posted 8 November 2010 13:46 GMT

http://advocacy.glob...56110-websites/

BS of the highest order!

Edited by phiphidon

Oh, well excuse me I'll keep my worthless posts to myself. Don't bother posting anicdotes about Thaksin its been done to death on this forum. What about Abbasit jokes? How does a Democrat party leader become Prime Minister? With a tank, silly.

Maybe it's a "W" instead of a "T".........

. Freedom of speech

Ah yes, Freedom of speech... which is why the Yingluck government blocked more websites in their first 4 months in office than the Democrats blocked in 2 years.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda.whistling.gif

Thanks for that and yes, it is sad how much internet blockage and media control has increased.

Edited by Buchholz

Your points of view seem to always be anti-Abhisit or anti-Democrat party. How about staying on-topic, i.e. Thaksin, and sharing your pro-Thaksin views with us?

You predict his days are numbered, so it is you with the crystal ball and not Thaksin. Thaksin does give to charities in Thailand regulary, He donated lots of money to the poor during the flooding last year. You all have Thaksinphobea did any of you doubters live in Thailand when Thaksin was Prime Minister? I did and it was great, heads of western countries made visits often and everyone was so happy and proud to be Thai.

So just how much did he donate then? Got a link? Bet it wasn't as much as Honda donated (100 million baht), even though they production facilities were devastated during the floods.

He better watch his back if he ever returns. His mate Seh Daeng was taken out pretty easily when needed....

"But don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda" - Something you would do well to follow.

I post an excerpt from Global Voices Online detailing the number of sites blocked by the "democrat" party written on the 8th November 2010. The numbers posted are only gleaned from government media releases so the true number could be much higher.

That means as of the 8th November 2010 with another 6/7 months of their government left to go they had managed to ban according to official figures, 277,610 websites.

Are you seriously expecting the forum to believe that the PTP government has blocked more than a third of a million more websites in the first 4 months of their government.

... quote removed

My dear PPD, you do miss things sometimes it seems. As you know since the GVO article time has passed and amongst others we now have a new government:

"Thailand

Published on Monday 12 March 2012. Updated on Wednesday 14 March 2012.

The status of Thailand’s online freedom of expression began to deteriorate from the moment the new Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra assumed power in July 2011. Abusive recourse to the politically exploited lèse-majesté law has led to an increase in litigations and strict censorship. The sentencing of Ampon Tangnoppakul, known as ”Uncle SMS” set off a chain of heated reactions in the country and abroad. Apparently the government has forgotten its promises to amend Article 112 of the Thailand Penal Code.

New government’s gloomy record in terms of Internet freedom

Since taking office, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra’s government has shown itself to be worse than its predecessor in terms of Web filtering. After assuming his position as Thailand’s Minister of Information and Communications Technology, Anudith Nakornthap ordered the blocking of 60,000 Web pages in less than three months, as opposed to 70,000 in the preceding three years.

..."

http://en.rsf.org/th...2012,42054.html

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2