The Isle Of Man Tt 2012.

NormanW

Blast from the past but these were the years when I was entranced by the TT (80's-90's)

Joey Dunlop... RIP... won it 26 times

http://www.joeydunlop.co.uk/

This video was on-board a Honda V4 RS850R

One thing that always amazed me aside from the sheer speed that they maintain through villages

basically flying between walls of concrete & stone which make it all look even faster.....

is the shady spots in the tree covered sections. I can only imagine how tricky that makes it at those speeds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmCYy3gXBIw

• Like 2

TT closer to the edge is a good watchcool.png

Yer reet there man.

I've got the film in HD and have watched it about 700 times - brilliant!

What I've noticed about it is, Guy Martin doesn't hold back his language at all does he?

Makes BURA on an ER6N (or any bike for that matter) look like kiddies stuff, can you imagine the skill that goes into setting a bike up for this type of race - the variables are enormous and so are the balls to do it, ah those were the days - fond memories and some sad ones too

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1

I remember the days I used to ride my Honda VFR400RR back home and couldn't wait to get off it because I was frozen to the core even on sunny days 555.

I didn't ride like this though as I was only 18 many many moons ago. hehe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wODBNP0IpQc

that's some of the sic'est video I've ever seen, as well as the most skillful and courageous riders imaginable. seriously, if those guys lose it, they'll be reduced to throbbing gristle and they know it. still they pin it. that is open-eyed, face-to-face with, and flipping off & laughing at the reaper.

For me you need smell, noise and all things mechanical for it to be a 'motorbike' man.

Nice looking bike - the winner mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I6dCR5Eht5M

Mr Dunlop is riding an electric Factory Honda bike this year, should be interesting to see how the Honda fairs against the TTXGP bike, but lacking atmosphere, whizzzzz, buzzzzzz, swoooshhhhh biggrin.png

Edited by karlos
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just checked out the 'lightweight' class and have seen that the Kawasaki 650 is 15mph up on the Suzuki 650. Of course the Kawasaki Lap times will be faster, as Kawasaki have all the best riders. However, a straight line blast goes to show that this little 650 kawasaki is capable of blowing the socks off of the SV, coming home at a stonking 139.70mph down the Grandstand Straight :)

I remember the days I used to ride my Honda VFR400RR back home and couldn't wait to get off it because I was frozen to the core even on sunny days 555.

I didn't ride like this though as I was only 18 many many moons ago. hehe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wODBNP0IpQc

that's some of the sic'est video I've ever seen, as well as the most skillful and courageous riders imaginable. seriously, if those guys lose it, they'll be reduced to throbbing gristle and they know it. still they pin it. that is open-eyed, face-to-face with, and flipping off & laughing at the reaper.

I see that they have made some improvements to fence at Sulby Glenn hotel. When I was there in 2007 it was a hemp rope. Here is a photo (one of many) I took of the bikes coming real close. 190+ mph. Sulby Glen is the fasted part of the circuit.

DSC08135.jpg

Edited by Garry

I use a free proxy that is a simple run and install download. Feel free to PM me for it. I watch all UK tv programs through it with no probs. Works fine on my laptop but I Pad is not so good.

I'll send you a PM now, however i'm using a TOR and can view the site, as well as the BBC's but in the isle of man tt tab it's states 'unavaliable'.......

PM coming your way :D

Karl, please please please, no results in this thread for a few more days lol :D

I use a free proxy that is a simple run and install download. Feel free to PM me for it. I watch all UK tv programs through it with no probs. Works fine on my laptop but I Pad is not so good.

I'll send you a PM now, however i'm using a TOR and can view the site, as well as the BBC's but in the isle of man tt tab it's states 'unavaliable'.......

PM coming your way biggrin.png

Karl, please please please, no results in this thread for a few more days lol biggrin.png

Hi, in your mailbox now.