Thaksin Expected To Return In Four Months: Surapong

Lite Beer

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BANGKOK:-- Defence Minister Gen Sukampol Suwannathat said Wednesday that former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra would wait until he is certain that he will receive fair trials in cases against him before returning to Thailand.

Another month, a different statement. :ermm:<_<

Thaksin has said earlier that he would not return if any cases were still pending as he's not ever done anything wrong :bah:

• Like 1

And your point is? I no way did I say Thaksin was loved by all but by the majority of Thai people. If you took these Koh Samui anti Thaksin group to Chang Mae look for coruption under the banner of Abasit and his friend Suthep, I'm sure similiar occurences woupd happen. At least now everyone who hates Thaksin knows where to go now.

The southern viiolence has nothing to do with Thaksin returning. You know that, we know that, but once you all start this hate mail for Thaksin you just can't help yourselves. Shame on you.

Strange you should say that. The intense southern violence comenced after the murder of hundreds of peacefull demonstrators during Thaksins watch and escalated after Thaksin tried to bribe them. In addition it is feasable that the people of the southern Thai provences wouldnt be to pleased to see Thaksin back.....

By John Roberts 15 April 2005

The newspaper speculated that the insurgency was evolving and adopting a new strategy “under pressure from a heavy-fisted government”.........

In April, security forces cornered Muslim youth who had attacked a police station with stones and machetes in the historic Krue Sae mosque and killed over 100, most at point blank range.

In October, at least 87 unarmed Muslim men died after the military fired on a demonstration at Tak Bai and then bundled hundreds into trucks piled four of five high for six hours. Most were suffocated to death. Despite widespread public outrage, Thaksin continued to urge the military on.. ...Islamic religious leaders, academics, opposition politicians and even the royal family have criticised Thaksin, warning that the situation is getting out of control...... www.wsws.org/articles/2005/apr2005/thai-a15.shtml

Furthermore it is claimed that the Hat Yai bombing was in response to Thaksins attempt to buy off the southern insurgents during a meeting in KL, which was brokered by the KL police chief who was recently awarded The Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant by the Thai cabinet.

Shame on you Tukkytuktuk for making misleading staements that belittles the deaths of thousands of people. Show some empathy and do some research before you post.

• Like 1

Actually come to think of it I was on Koh Toa recently about a year and half ago and they were very pro Thaksin wearing their red shirts and voicing support for him when they saw him on the news.

55555 They didn't vote for his proxy though aka clone. You know what a clone is don't you?

Most Thais, does that mean koh samuians or the entire country. To be truthful I think most Thais are sick to death with all this political in fighting and want everyone to get on, get past this bad era of bickering, protests and instability and move towards a more brighter, understanding, respectful politics. To achieve this we know we must reconcile with each other. The yellows, democrats don't want this, the Thai people do, they know that this will only happen if certain political sides compromise with each other. The Phue Thai and reds want their leader Thaksin home, The democrats and the yellows don't, they will use this decision to try to break the current government as if they get what they want they won't stop it will be Yingluck next, then they will amend the constitution to go their way.

Most Thais, does that mean koh samuians or the entire country. To be truthful I think most Thais are sick to death with all this political in fighting and want everyone to get on, get past this bad era of bickering, protests and instability and move towards a more brighter, understanding, respectful politics. To achieve this we know we must reconcile with each other. The yellows, democrats don't want this, the Thai people do, they know that this will only happen if certain political sides compromise with each other. The Phue Thai and reds want their leader Thaksin home, The democrats and the yellows don't, they will use this decision to try to break the current government as if they get what they want they won't stop it will be Yingluck next, then they will amend the constitution to go their way.

To use your last sentence. Just like the government is doing now.

To be truthful I think most Thais are sick to death with all this political in fighting and want everyone to get on, get past this bad era of bickering, protests and instability and move towards a more brighter, understanding, respectful politics.

Yes. Most people here want a whole new generation of politicians, a new direction, clean start, new faces & new energy etc. That's why they don't want a convicted criminal who already stole billions while in office, to lead the country in future.

Thaksin is not that new-start politician, or indeed any politician. He is an on-the-run convicted larcenist & ruthless gangster. As you speak on behalf of most people in Thailand, I'm sure you know that a large percentage of Thais are law-abiding & respect the Supreme court and decisons made by this legal body. For that reason, most Thais actually want Thaksin to go to prison as punishment for his well-documented crimes which he was legally convicted of.

Common sense suggests, under a more stable and independant government, further research into Thaksin's years in office would certainly provide evidence to increase his prison sentence by many years. Even assuming his sister put everything through the shredder these last months, I'm sure that some impartial investigating in future would actually discover that the crimes he was caught red-handed with, were only the tip of an iceberg. Its almost unheard of for somebody caught comitting those type of large-scale crimes over a long time-scale, to have been charged with everything that *really* went on. Hopefully after he is jailed, an independant enquiry can uncover the full truth of his activities including the incitement post-verdict for his followers to 'burn bangkok to the ground' etc. in which innocent people died because of Thaksin's ego.

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 2

Thailand was doing much better in the Thaksin's years... Now he says he will not take a politic role anymore... still I am sure he will act as counselor or consultant. I believe it's a good thing as I consider him as a wise and successful man.

Thailand was on war with Cambodia along the "yellow" years, peace came back soon after Yingluck victory...

The whole world was doing much better during the Thaksin years. I hope you're not going to give him credit for that too.

Your a breath of fresh air Yunla. During the Amercan war of Indepence some people got hurt, they wanted freedom, democracy and justice for all. Okay, sh*t happens thats what makes countries, makes a democracy, we need to fight for democracy!

And your point is? I no way did I say Thaksin was loved by all but by the majority of Thai people. If you took these Koh Samui anti Thaksin group to Chang Mae look for coruption under the banner of Abasit and his friend Suthep, I'm sure similiar occurences woupd happen. At least now everyone who hates Thaksin knows where to go now.

If a majority of Thais love Thaksin, they certainly didn't show it in the last election.

The PTP and red shirts don't want compromise. They want everything their way.

One post has been removed for bringing the Monarchy into the discussion as well as containing profanity. Time for a reminder of this post:

Many people have been losing their posting rights or receiving suspensions because they continue to make comments on the Monarchy, and members of the Thai Royal Family in a political context. This is in violation of Thai law which explicitly states that The Monarchy is above politics.

- Do not make any accusations about any individual's or groups' loyalty toward The Monarchy.

- Do not speculate on the opinions of any member of The Royal Family.

- Do not discuss succession or speculate on the future of The Monarchy.

This includes hinting at, joking about, or using innuendo about the above, or referring people to outside information containing such things.

While we do not wish to needlessly restrict discussion of current events in Thailand, it's necessary that we put the above restrictions in place to ensure that local laws and customs are honoured, and the forum remains a viable news source for Thailand's expat community.

You may see some news articles referring to such things, but remember that they have expensive legal teams that vet the quotations first, and you/we don't.

Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.

The moderating team.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/479383-no-discussion-of-the-monarchy-in-political-context/

Let's face it, he is coming back. The yellows &/or Army can't come out because of the reds show of force in 2010. I can't imagine a few thousand yellows hanging around if 50,000 reds hold a rally right next to theirs. They'd need those brown pants. Therefore it's signed, sealed and delivered. Then the proof will be in the pudding. If he comes back & does a good job for the country many people will be eating their words. And vice versa if he doesn't.

Troll?

Is this an abbreviation for trolley?

Hence the expression He's or she's off her trolley.

There is a lot of angst arising among people and the main cause is the obsession of the current administration on returning Thaksin to Thailand and the exonerating of any corrupt and criminal actions Thaksin has been proved to be involved in ( there are many cases ),

indeed one does not have to scratch the surface very hard to reveal Thaksins questionable actions and deeds

If Thaksin is absolved of blame so be it. However that means all the prison population should be set free too.

P.T.P. and Thaksin state 'they believe in democracy.' I for one have serious misgivings about that particular political statement platform..

Edited by siampolee

Thaksin's birthday is on July 30th right? What star sign is he? Taurus the bull or is it Cancer? I was never good at astrology. Say he allowed to return what would be a lucky day for him in astrology to return, apart from his birthday and what colour clothes should he have on. Sorry, these things are going through my head, I won't be able to sleep if you don't help me.

Thailand was doing much better in the Thaksin's years... Now he says he will not take a politic role anymore... still I am sure he will act as counselor or consultant. I believe it's a good thing as I consider him as a wise and successful man.

Thailand was on war with Cambodia along the "yellow" years, peace came back soon after Yingluck victory...

Every country was doing much better in the 'Thaksin years'!..... they were good times economically for everyone, even Gordon Brown looked as if he knew what he was doing at times and he cost the country billions by messing with our gold reserves.

What was remarkable was that when everything crashed Thailand was fortunate to have it's smartest Economic Minister in recent history at the helm and he was acknowledged internationally as such.

I'm sure Thaksin will take a role of some sort when he returns to Thailand but he changes his mind so often he may just decide to remain the country's de facto leader instead.

Edited by bigbamboo

Let's face it, he is coming back. The yellows &/or Army can't come out because of the reds show of force in 2010. I can't imagine a few thousand yellows hanging around if 50,000 reds hold a rally right next to theirs. They'd need those brown pants. Therefore it's signed, sealed and delivered. Then the proof will be in the pudding. If he comes back & does a good job for the country many people will be eating their words. And vice versa if he doesn't.

Why wouldn't a few thousand yellows hang around 50000 reds? Oh, you probably mean because of the blacks in with the reds which case they would need their browns.

Thailand, hub of colours!

Why wouldn't a few thousand yellows hang around 50000 reds? Oh, you probably mean because of the blacks in with the reds which case they would need their browns.

No, because it might finally get the message through their thick skulls that they are poorly supported and badly outnumbered by a group representing the majority of the electorate.

as long as meth pipes are for sale they should be fine

First I'm nicknamed a Troll and now I have an adjective word trolling for what I do. Today I trolled some posts on Thaivisa and maybe tomorrow I will be trolling some new posts. Troll off.

The state of debate on Thaivisa 2012.

• Like 1