International Wire Transfer

I want to set up an international wire transfer to move small amounts of money from my Thai bank account (SCB) to my US bank account (JPMorgan Chase), but I'm having trouble finding the information I need for Chase Bank. First, SCB wants a branch name and address for Chase Bank, but I originally set up the account online years ago and I can't find any address information through Chase's website. Second, SCB wants a "branch code," by which I assume they mean a SWIFT code, but Chase has dozens of SWIFT codes, and none of them are obviously appropriate. Is there anyone that has successfully done this and can give me some guidance?

The SWIFT code is not a branch code. What they probably want is the nine digit fedwire/ABA code of your branch.

Sophon

Aha. I do have that (aka "routing number," right?) Odd then that SCB doesn't ask fora SWIFT code. Any idea what I should use as branch name and address, since I opened the account online and was never provided with either? Thanks for your help!

If you get a monthly statement be it online or by mail there is contact details, and their address, with your account number. Give the customer service center a call, and they will give you all the information you need. That is the first thing I would have done rather than asking here.

The SWIFT code is not a branch code. What they probably want is the nine digit fedwire/ABA code of your branch.

Sophon

Aha. I do have that (aka "routing number," right?) Odd then that SCB doesn't ask fora SWIFT code. Any idea what I should use as branch name and address, since I opened the account online and was never provided with either? Thanks for your help!

Yes, it's also called a routing no. If they have the fedwire number they will know the bank and which SWIFT code that bank uses. This assumes that the bank receives updated information about the correlation between branch codes and SWIFT codes (the socalled Thompson file). Not all bank's payment systems supports this, so some banks will require both SWIFT code and branch code.

Sophon