PAD Sets Off Crusade Against Thai Charter Rewrite

webfact

Are you okay h90? Kept up with those prescription drugs I hope. A coup will not only bring Thailands reputation into disrepute but may trigger a civil war, at the least a guerrilla war.

Nothing the people with power will not do to keep it

Nothing the people with money who want power will do to get it

It is like everything else in Thailand ... pay enough and you get what you want

They do not care much about their reputation abroad, look how the leaders act.

Other countries watch and listen but do not really care, if down the road it is to their

benefit to make friends with whoever is in power here, there will make nice ....

Yesterdays friends is today's enemy, yesterdays enemy is today's friend

This is my greatest fear, I hope the politicians are listening. It could go this way. Yingluck forces the army to stage a coup. And the reds wage a war against government buildings and offices that they see as not legitimate. It would be a repeat of the deep South problem if anyone has heard of this problem. Farang should have an exit plan as anyone who has been to the deep South knows it easy to get caught up in a cross fire. The Reds will no longer be patient if an army coup is staged. I am of the belief it will be civil war - not just in the deep South - 5,200 dead, 20 maimed - blind, missing legs and arms. It will make the 100 killed at Ratchaprasong look like a picnic once the Reds get in Deep South insurgency mode. I guess there will be a willing uncle to fund the guns and grenades.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some got punished. My god they ALL should have got punished for hi-jacking an airport, even the mom and pops. The ones that didn't get punished will feel no problem to hi-jack the airport again. I suggest you book your tickets to KL. Looks like history is about to repeat itself.

They didn't hijack an airport. They parked themselves in front of it.

Should taxi drivers that protest at airports go to jail too? Baggage handlers that strike and cause chaos at airports for days?

What about protesters that set up barricades stopping tourist access to major tourist shopping areas?

• Like 2

Some got punished. My god they ALL should have got punished for hi-jacking an airport, even the mom and pops. The ones that didn't get punished will feel no problem to hi-jack the airport again. I suggest you book your tickets to KL. Looks like history is about to repeat itself.

Should taxi drivers that protest at airports go to jail too? Baggage handlers that strike and cause chaos at airports for days?

What about protesters that set up barricades stopping tourist access to major tourist shopping areas?

I was never stopped going to shopping areas where the reds protested. They were polite and courteous even when being shot by the army. Why is it the airport was no longer operational. Their intention was to make the airport not operational. Delusion is something that most farang seccumb to in the land of smiles. Red or Yellow - its the professional version of the battle to get a table for the street meat vendors all over Thailand. I don't choose sides. We all know power leads to kickbacks. Edited by heiwa

I was never stopped going to shopping areas where the reds protested. They were polite and courteous even when being shot by the army. Why is it the airport was no longer operational. Their intention was to make the airport not operational. Delusion is something that most farang seccumb to in the land of smiles.

Their intention was to protest against PM Somchai who was due to land at the airport. Then they just stayed there.

Somchai ended up heading off to Chiang Mai.

• Like 1

Well if Thaksin love Thailand he should give himself up and defuse the situation

I agree but he would never do that. However the stupid media should stop publicizing whatever he or he's supporters say, specially about he coming back. I am just sick of reading the same $hit everyday, they are just preparing the field so the population will accept it as something that is going to happen and cannot be changed. Without this (free?) publicity he would have no chance of coming back.

You forgot to mention that the protesters stopping tourist access to major tourist shopping areas were armed.

I often wonder what exactly are the content providers thinking when they flood us with such news.

How many conflicting news reports have we had in the last 2 days (for argument sake)? Thaksin coming back in a few months, then oh, he changed his mind but it was just wishful thinking. Then we had, give up 49 Billion Baht and come home soon, and NOW a CRUSADE?

Compound the above with the fact that 99.99% (maybe a slight exaggeration, but not much) of the Thai population does not even understand an English sentence in a native context; thus, I wonder what is such news doing here?

At the end of the day, the English speaking readers do not have any authority and ability to react to such news, so why publish it on the front page?

Surely any intelligent news provider would consider what is relevant and operate on such a basis?

Be a pretty small news paper if it only included things English speakers could do some thing about.

But it would be nice if they tried to use a little accuracy in their articles. Maybe put up a headline about the article instead of some thing that makes it look like they are announcing the second coming in the following article.

You must remember this is Thailand and money talks. They offered the most money to have their articles have right next door to exclusive use of TV. You don't think TV would print all there nonsense for free do you?

Well Angry Parent, this is a public Thai News forum, that anyone worldwide can view and contribute to. I'm sure there are similar forum for every countrie's national news. All we do is comment on the news. We respect Thailand and its people and have an interest with its news and politics. If you are offended by any comments then why not try another news forum. The intention is only to comment on the news light heartedly not in anyway being deeply offensive.

I find it deeply offensive to have people pretend like Thaksin is a hero and never did and never will do any thing wrong. We are guests in a country that like many other countries has political problems. Many of them justifiable but when one man puts himself in such a position as Thaksin can that he all by him self can keep the country divided that is not right and to make a joke out of it shows a complete lack of care and respect for your host country.

• Like 1

The PAD the organization that nearly plunged Thailand into war with Cambodia rears its ugly head again. Surely for an organization that crippled the Thai international airport and made the lives of countless stranded tourists a misery should be banned by the constitutional court. Maybe thats what Thaksin is asking Prem during their meeting together.

They all went unpunished. The law doesn't apply to them obviously so they will do what they like. Very sad indeed. In the West we hi-jack planes. In Thailand they hi-jack airports and get off scot free. Perhaps that could be the phrase for the Amazing Thailand marketing compaign

They didn't get off scot free. Some have been jailed. Some are still going through court cases.

You think that's bad what about the red shirts over 90 dead as a result of their actions and tremendous damage done in a effort to burn Bangkok down and one of their leaders gets elected to parliament.

• Like 1

I was never stopped going to shopping areas where the reds protested. They were polite and courteous even when being shot by the army. Why is it the airport was no longer operational. Their intention was to make the airport not operational. Delusion is something that most farang seccumb to in the land of smiles. Red or Yellow - its the professional version of the battle to get a table for the street meat vendors all over Thailand. I don't choose sides. We all know power leads to kickbacks.

Thought you lived in the south. Also are you trying to say the fire did not bother you.

They could nt win a seat in parliament, could nt make a 1% no vote in the last election. Who are these people?

Their nuisance value has been spent.

No harm in having a bit of opposition, we don't want a one party state, do we?

And I guess what these people are doing is trying to protect the charter that was voted for by the Thai people.

They could nt win a seat in parliament, could nt make a 1% no vote in the last election. Who are these people?

And I guess what these people are doing is trying to protect the charter that was voted for by the Thai people.

Do you really know anything about the process of the 2007 constitution referendum? If you did you wouldn't be spouting about it being 'voted for by the Thai people.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Constitution_of_Thailand#Criticisms_of_the_referendum

so if that's their case, they are trying "to protect the charter that was voted for by the Thai people" by not allowing it to be changed and then decided on by vote of the thai people?

Later guys, It's not fun posting with opposition any more. I bid you farewell and enjoy your posts together.

Don't you like your posts being picked apart?

i don't think you stating that pad didn't hijack an airport is picking much of anything apart.

Do you really know anything about the process of the 2007 constitution referendum? If you did you wouldn't be spouting about it being 'voted for by the Thai people.'

http://en.wikipedia...._the_referendum

Try reading your own references then you would realise your telling lies..........

A Permanent Constitution for the Kingdom of Thailand was drafted by a committee established by the military junta that abrogated the previous 1997 Constitution. On August 19, 2007, a referendum was held in which 59.3% of the voters voted in favor of the constitution. The current constitution succeeded the former supreme law of Thailand, the 2006 Interim Constitution.

A referendum on the new constitution was held in Thailand on 19 August 2007.[1] Had the draft been rejected, the military government would have had the freedom to choose any previous constitution to adapt and promulgate instead.[2] The turnout was around 60%.[3]

Edited by waza
  • Like 1

It was up to the people to vote for the Charter just as it was up to them to vote for whichever party they chose in any of the elections. Of course even though politicians in Thailand have an honesty rating just below jetski operators the people are fooled all the time and it's unlikely to ever change.

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

The PAD the organization that nearly plunged Thailand into war with Cambodia rears its ugly head again. Surely for an organization that crippled the Thai international airport and made the lives of countless stranded tourists a misery should be banned by the constitutional court. Maybe thats what Thaksin is asking Prem during their meeting together.

They all went unpunished. The law doesn't apply to them obviously so they will do what they like. Very sad indeed. In the West we hi-jack planes. In Thailand they hi-jack airports and get off scot free. Perhaps that could be the phrase for the Amazing Thailand marketing compaign

They didn't get off scot free. Some have been jailed. Some are still going through court cases.

The only yellow shirt currently jailed is Veera and that is in Cambodia. Oh forgot about Sondhi but he was sentenced to 20 years for fraud and I'm 99% sure he's still out on bail.

birdpooguava, on 23 minutes ago, said:

Try reading your own references then you would realise your telling lies..........

A Permanent Constitution for the Kingdom of Thailand was drafted by a committee established by the military junta that abrogated the previous 1997 Constitution. On August 19, 2007, a referendum was held in which 59.3% of the voters voted in favor of the constitution. The current constitution succeeded the former supreme law of Thailand, the 2006 Interim Constitution.

A referendum on the new constitution was held in Thailand on 19 August 2007.[1] Had the draft been rejected, the military government would have had the freedom to choose any previous constitution to adapt and promulgate instead.[2] The turnout was around 60%.[3]

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

It is all at the court and the courts are slow.....All cases against Thaksin are even older and not finished.

79 yellow shirts were given prison sentences in December 2010 - they're still out on bail.

It was up to the people to vote for the Charter just as it was up to them to vote for whichever party they chose in any of the elections. Of course people are fooled all the time in Thailand and it's unlikely to ever change.

Oh did you also read the parts about;

'the junta-appointed National Assembly elected 200 of its members as candidates for the Constitution Drafting Assembly. The voting was fraught with irregularities.'

And also;

'100 were approved by the junta to act as potential constitution drafters. The 100 included prominent anti-Thaksin critics'

How about;

'The junta directly appointed 10 drafters to join the Constitution Drafting Assembly. They included anti-Thaksin activist and former National Security Council head'

Oh and let's not forget;

'The Committee on Information and Public Dissemination of the Constitution Drafting Assembly led an advertising campaign to persuade voters to favour the draft constitution. Media used included all television, cable and radio stations, websites, print media outlets, government agencies, education institutions, billboards and places where crowds gather. All state-run schools and universities were involved in the campaign. Spots were aired from 6 am until 10 pm with the message "Approve: New Constitution, close to the people". Billboards saying, "Love the King Care about the King. Vote in a referendum. Accept the 2007 draft charter." were placed throughout the Northeast.'

• Like 1

It was up to the people to vote for the Charter just as it was up to them to vote for whichever party they chose in any of the elections. Of course people are fooled all the time in Thailand and it's unlikely to ever change.

Oh did you also read the parts about;

'the junta-appointed National Assembly elected 200 of its members as candidates for the Constitution Drafting Assembly. The voting was fraught with irregularities.'

And also;

'100 were approved by the junta to act as potential constitution drafters. The 100 included prominent anti-Thaksin critics'

How about;

'The junta directly appointed 10 drafters to join the Constitution Drafting Assembly. They included anti-Thaksin activist and former National Security Council head'

Oh and let's not forget;

'The Committee on Information and Public Dissemination of the Constitution Drafting Assembly led an advertising campaign to persuade voters to favour the draft constitution. Media used included all television, cable and radio stations, websites, print media outlets, government agencies, education institutions, billboards and places where crowds gather. All state-run schools and universities were involved in the campaign. Spots were aired from 6 am until 10 pm with the message "Approve: New Constitution, close to the people". Billboards saying, "Love the King Care about the King. Vote in a referendum. Accept the 2007 draft charter." were placed throughout the Northeast.'

Whats that got to do with the untruth you told?

"Do you really know anything about the process of the 2007 constitution referendum? If you did you wouldn't be spouting about it being 'voted for by the Thai people." birdpooguava on 23 minutes ago, said

Looks like they moved the check in counters outside then:

e97f0e5a1bb836e78c4574e65cb0-grande.jpg

"Do you really know anything about the process of the 2007 constitution referendum? If you did you wouldn't be spouting about it being 'voted for by the Thai people." birdpooguava on 23 minutes ago, said

Well why are you trying to tell us that the last constitutional referendum was democratically valid when it obviously wasn't?

No doubt because you haven't done the research.

Well why are you trying to tell us that the last constitutional referendum was democratically valid when it obviously wasn't?

No doubt because you haven't done the research.

Do you know what a 'democratic' vote actually means? It means the people voted for it.

Now whether you are fooled by the PR is another matter. I mean if the Labour party told me salaries would rise 50 per cent, my kids would get a double your money pay cheque when they picked up their degree and everyone in the UK would be rich in six months I might vote for it even though I was being fooled.

Edited by bigbamboo