Getting A Duplicate Marriage Certificate

qazwsx38

Hi everyone,

I know this might be a question to be answered by a Thai person but my wife and I seem to have misplaced our marriage certificate (I know this is a dumb thing that I take full responsibility for). We have copies of it but I would like to know if anyone knows if theres anything I could do to get new marriage certificates.

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately you won't get replacement certificates.

If you make a police loss report and take that to the Umphur they will give you stamped certified copies of your marriage application. They won't issue replacement documents without the police report.

I can't remember if you have to pay for the copies but it you do it's a pittance.

These copies are accepted in courts in lieu of the original certificates.

Edited by Farma

Unfortunately you won't get replacement certificates.

If you make a police loss report and take that to the Umphur they will give you stamped certified copies of your marriage application. They won't issue replacement documents without the police report.

I can't remember if you have to pay for the copies but it you do it's a pittance.

These copies are accepted in courts in lieu of the original certificates.

Thanks for the fast reply,

What happened is that I came back home to visit (Hawaii which has a Thai consulate) and I made copies but forgot my wifes marriage certificate on the glass at the copy shop (I will beat myself on the head forever for this)about two weeks ago and I just realized this now. I thought I brought my marriage certificate home before but cant find it so it MUST be in the teachers housing where my wife and I teach but my wife is at her home now trying to get as far away as possible from the Songkran celebrations. I just wanted to get replacement ones just in case we cant find my marriage certificate.

Thanks again for your help