Thai Govt Declares Success In Its 'Zero Songkran Holiday Death' Campaign

webfact

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trouble is THAI people believe this dribble. I just passed the news to my Thai wife and she was very annoyed that I would question the facts presented totally amazing!

Keep them in the dark and feed the s***t. Wonders of not educating people.

I'll try again. If you read the article without the "benefit" of the two offending sub headings you end up with this:

Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Yongyoot Wichaidit said during the weekly “Yingluck Government Meets the People†program that the government regrets the loss of lives and the injuries suffered by the public during this year's Songkran holidays.

Nothing contentious there

Mr. Yongyoot stated that both deaths and injuries seen in the past holiday are tragic and remain a lesson for those who live to remember.

Or here

However, the Deputy PM is pleased that the government-initiated campaign to rid the country of road fatalities during the Songkran holidays ended up with six provinces recording 'zero' death this year. They include Nakhon Phanom, Trat, Trang, Ranong, Pattani and Satun.

Well, He's hardly likely to be displeased with a number of provinces, no matter how small the number, recording zero deaths is he?

He added that, with more than 260 districts across the country reported no road accident at all, the campaign could be declared a success of a certain level.

a certain level, i.e with regard to this part of the "report", the fact that 260 plus districts reported no accidents at all, could point to the limited success of the campaign

Now it reads quite differently, doesn't it. The addition of the idiotic sub headings can only be described as an attempt by the National News Bureau to ridicule the source. They serve no other purpose other than to precondition the reader as to what to expect.

No. Actually it reads exactly the same as most other years. There are allways districts and provinces that 'report ' no accidents or deaths. But most politicians do not claim that as a success. They know that's just 'how it is '

It was a stupid claim in the 1st place and could NEVER have been achieved,

But you have your red tinted specs on so can not see that. These headlines claiming success are for those of the electorate that only listen or read the headlines. That what all the chest beating is about.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Do you believe that the government now controls the writing of headlines? if you do , do you think they would write headines like these?

Trying to turn it back to raw politics again I see, I'll just play that game for a minute or two if you like.

Not so long back the media was effectively silenced on pain of being shot, so in answer to your question....... back then they did control the headlines.

But unfortunately for them, technology has moved on a way and surpassed them, while they are still thinking that they can make a press release of this nature that previously the proles would have just shrugged their shoulders, some of the proles are now better informed.

More deaths than last year = A Successcoffee1.gif Then it is Completely Logical to Conclude 2+3 = 2 sad.png So the ? is, do the Thai people who run the governement who draw these conclusionsgiggle.gif go a particular University to become Retarded, coz they just can't be born that way; or can they?? coffee1.gifermm.gif

6 provinces out of 76 had no traffic deaths, ya gotta do some back slapping for that, without doing any checking I think that at least 3 out of those 6 are majority Muslim populated provinces so that should help on the alcohol related deaths.

Running a Campaign Named Zero Songkran deaths in Thailand has about as much chance of succsess as a campain for the population of any country to stop breathing for 20 minutes never mind four days. Why not a "Less deaths than last year campaign", even that would have failed but atleast it would have had a chance. One death makes the campaign a 100 % failure.

A busload of Thai politicians were driving down a country road when, all of a sudden, the bus ran off the road, and crashed into a tree on an old Thai farmer's property. The old farmer, after seeing what had happened, went over to investigate. He then proceeded to dig a hole to bury the politicians.

A few days later the local Police came out, saw the crashed bus, and asked the old farmer where all the politicians had gone.The old farmer said he had buried them.The police asked the old farmer, "Were they all dead?"

The old farmer replied, "Well, some of them said they weren't, but you know how them politicians lie."

Edited by LindsayBKK
  • Like 1

A busload of Thai politicians were driving down a country road when, all of a sudden, the bus ran off the road, and crashed into a tree on an old Thai farmer's property. The old farmer, after seeing what had happened, went over to investigate. He then proceeded to dig a hole to bury the politicians.

A few days later the local Police came out, saw the crashed bus, and asked the old farmer where all the politicians had gone.The old farmer said he had buried them.The police asked the old farmer, "Were they all dead?"

The old farmer replied, "Well, some of them said they weren't, but you know how them politicians lie."

Love it, thanks.clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

• Like 1

Politicians never fail to amaze me with their blantant dis-connect from reality.......the problem with "higher" education is that it only serves to 'educate' ones ignorance.

And yet, this stuff works! So many sheeppeople who are too lazy & apathetic to read beyond the headline or pronouncement OR apply any critical thinking. In this day & age a politician anywhere can get away with or say literally ANYthing so long as they (a) enjoy the sympathies of and know how to manipulate the media, and (B) deny everything (until the allegation ages to the point where even if proven, the public can't remember it and doesn't care anymore, which isn't very long...).

Someone should tell Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Yongyoot Wichaidit that making a SATIRE JOKE about so many people getting mangled and passing away and getting hurt is just not cool.

Hey, has mommy Y got a new side kick, how many Deputy PMs are there now?

Yingluck has 5 Deputy PM's now.

I know, I know. This is spinning.

At least you recognize your post for what it is.

I'm all in favor of holding pols to account, but in this case, I think we're piling on a bit too strongly.

Almost as if it were a pile up of cars and motorcycles and trucks and buses that resulted in 320 people dead.

The real failures in this "Zero Songkran Holiday Death" campaign are not so much the government but all the idiot drivers and songkran revellers who caused the deaths and injuries.

what campaign was that?...I must have been drunk...

Think they should have a zero fricking random illogically laid out cones and barriers causing dangerous bottlenecks and chicanes on highways while perhaps a bunch of Lego cops are propped up in a tent.....so many of these set ups are often unmanned.....

post-36430-0-07286700-1335055355.jpg

6 provinces out of 76 had no traffic deaths, ya gotta do some back slapping for that, without doing any checking I think that at least 3 out of those 6 are majority Muslim populated provinces so that should help on the alcohol related deaths.

Running a Campaign Named Zero Songkran deaths in Thailand has about as much chance of succsess as a campain for the population of any country to stop breathing for 20 minutes never mind four days. Why not a "Less deaths than last year campaign", even that would have failed but atleast it would have had a chance. One death makes the campaign a 100 % failure.

Actually that wasnt the original name............Deputy PM and Interior Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit presided over the opening of the Road Safety Centre, whose slogan of ........ "7 Days 77 Provinces" campaign"...... was changed to "Songkran Plodpai Tai Pen Soon" (Safe Songkran with Zero Deaths). Yingluck changed the slogan because it is "less frightening and campaigns for no deaths".

Urging motorists to follow traffic regulations, Yongyuth said the authorities hoped that more provinces would report no deaths this year. Last year, 10 provinces recorded zero fatalities during the holiday period.

Even by Yongyuth's stated goals this campaign it was a failure.

This sums up the intelligence of this said government, together with Miracle TAT-----Thai Airways----all money wasters, Near all persons working for these-amongst others need certifying, as they all have stupid similarities.

However, the Deputy PM is pleased that the government-initiated campaign to rid the country of road fatalities during the Songkran holidays ended up with six provinces recording 'zero' death this year. They include Nakhon Phanom, Trat, Trang, Ranong, Pattani and Satun.

PM launches 'Safe Songkran' campaign

Deputy PM and Interior Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit presided over the opening of the Road Safety Centre, whose slogan of "Seven Dangerous Days" was changed to "Songkran Plodpai Tai Pen Soon" (Safe Songkran with Zero Deaths). Yingluck changed the slogan because it is "less frightening and campaigns for no deaths".

Urging motorists to follow traffic regulations, Yongyuth said the authorities hoped that more provinces would report no deaths this year. Last year, 10 provinces recorded zero fatalities during the holiday period.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/PM-launches-Safe-Songkran-campaign-30179839.html

SO really, all the government needs to do to SUCCESSFULLY "win" this thing is to prevent deaths in ONE province -- then it'll be a SUCCESS. THAI LOGIC at its best!

But it was really about THEM POLITICIANS and not THE PEOPLE. Always was, always has been, always will be.

Ok, let me get this straight...

The number of road deaths was UP this year over last year's toll, yet the government has declared success in its “Zero Songkran Holiday Death” campaign.

Guess I must be missing something here.

Amazing Thailand Indeed!