90 Day Reporting

catmac

Off to do my 90 day farce next week, and as I had the barcode stuck on my passport last time and am under the general impression that I should only need the renewal form and the current slip without the usual wad of photocopies, can anybody confirm that? I'd love to hear rom any member who has actually done the deed at immigration without a problem.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is correct, I wonder if one still needs the copies to do it by mail?

Knowing Immigration........

Probably need an extra copy!

The one with the bar code on.wink.png

OP - Photocopies are 50 satang or you may have your own copier. You only need 3 (combine TM card with another), it's not really a wad is it?

1. Front page of passport/TM card

2. Visa extension

3. Last entry stamp (in passport)

Just take them in and be safe smile.png

Last month I sent mine in by registered mail two weeks before the due date. When the due date arrived and I hadn't receive a new form back (did enclose a return envelope with stamp and address) I called immigration. They acknowledged they had received it and said they mailed it back to me the next day. I informed them I never got it (still haven't after nearly 1 month) and was told to go back to immigration.

Bottom line, they either never sent it back or the post office lost it. I tend to believe it was the former. In any case, I am now out the time and cost of making the trip to the post office, along with envelopes, stamps registering mail and still have to go back to the dam_n place I was trying to avoid in the first place. So much for progress.

Why in the world can Chiang mai Immigration not manage to be as efficient as Pattaya / Jomtien Immigration. See the compliments ref 90m day reporting at the above link (Pattaya Forum).

Edited by OneZero

while we are on the topic of 90 day reporting... is it correct to say that when i re-entered the kingdom (with my re-entry visa) in March, that my 90 day clock starts ticking from my entry date? So my previous reporting time of April, is no longer necessary and i go report sometime in June?

catmac

"Off to do my 90 day farce next week, and as I had the barcode stuck on my passport last time and am under the general impression that I should only need the renewal form and the current slip without the usual wad of photocopies, can anybody confirm that? I'd love to hear rom any member who has actually done the deed at immigration without a problem."

Apparently no one knows the answer.

Please let us know.

Also did you get the bar code when you were renewing your retirement or when you were doing your 90 day?

I did my 90 day a few weeks ago and it took about a hour and a half and they did not give me a bar code.

Did 90 day reporting last week.Received a bar code in my passport,for the first time. Officer confirmed next time bring passport with reporting receipt stapled inside plus completed form and NO photocopies. Its a start. One day we will be able to report online but dont hold your breath.

Did 90 day reporting last week.Received a bar code in my passport,for the first time. Officer confirmed next time bring passport with reporting receipt stapled inside plus completed form and NO photocopies. Its a start. One day we will be able to report online but dont hold your breath.

I am waiting for when you go in and just run it through a spot checker like they use at the super market. A reciept pops out automatically.

I do believe it will take them a year to get the kinks out of the system and even then will it be any faster to report?

I did my 90 day a few weeks ago and it took about a hour and a half and they did not give me a bar code.

Have you examined every page of your passport? I missed it the first time I looked, then I found a barcode stamp on the inside of the back cover of my passport. Can't say for sure who put it there. Could have been Jomtien Immigration or Chiang Mai Immigration.

I am waiting for when you go in and just run it through a spot checker like they use at the super market. A reciept pops out automatically.

I'm waiting for the day when they stop being silly and stop this idiotic nonsense altogether!!

• Like 2

http://www.thaivisa....-5-immigration/

Why in the world can Chiang mai Immigration not manage to be as efficient as Pattaya / Jomtien Immigration. See the compliments ref 90m day reporting at the above link (Pattaya Forum).

You can notice a difference when you step inside and look around each office. When you step into the Jomtien office, you know that you are in a government office. Even when many people are present, it is organized. It has a reception desk to "pre-check" paperwork and direct customers. The immigration officers are all in uniform. I did two 90-day reports at Jomtien. Both times I was out in about 30 minutes.

I do believe that Jomtien has a newer building and possibly more space. I do not have info on staffing level or customer numbers. Those things could be affecting the work also.

You can notice a difference when you step inside and look around each office. When you step into the Jomtien office, you know that you are in a government office. Even when many people are present, it is organized. It has a reception desk to "pre-check" paperwork and direct customers. The immigration officers are all in uniform. I did two 90-day reports at Jomtien. Both times I was out in about 30 minutes.

I do believe that Jomtien has a newer building and possibly more space. I do not have info on staffing level or customer numbers. Those things could be affecting the work also.

Also I don't really think they have any where near the number of Burmese applicants.

An American friends did his 90 reporting last Friday 30 APRIL and he still had to provide all the usual photocopies. A lot of confusion as the trainee girl near the officer almost put a second bar code in his passport. She did not look for it when he gave his passport. Fortunately he carried all the photocopies with him as he was expecting the system not really working. I will do the same until one TV member can report that the system is working.

while we are on the topic of 90 day reporting... is it correct to say that when i re-entered the kingdom (with my re-entry visa) in March, that my 90 day clock starts ticking from my entry date? So my previous reporting time of April, is no longer necessary and i go report sometime in June?

That is correct

I'm waiting for the day when they stop being silly and stop this idiotic nonsense altogether!!

Me too, but would prefer to see every Thai immigrant around the world be put through this nonsense first. tongue.png

Also I don't really think they have any where near the number of Burmese applicants.

Good, nice to see them working......payback for all the years of shirking.

They had it so good for so long that they have absolutely no idea how to deal with this extra workload.

Maybe if things get much worse, some bright spark will come up with an idea how to deal with it.

Edit: Personally I have no problem. I send in my 90 days and already have a queue number for late August.

But I feel bloody sorry for those Burmese who have to line up outside in this blazing heat.

Edited by uptheos

On my last visit to Mae Sot Immigration Office a couple of weeks ago for 90 day report. The office was overwhelmed by Burmese applicants: many hundreds, both inside and outside. I have not seen that situation there in the past. I normally enter and go straight to a desk for processing. I was however bumped forward to complete what was required. I hope that is just a phase there, I am used to entering a normally almost empty office.

I was however bumped forward to complete what was required. I hope that is just a phase there, I am used to entering a normally almost empty office.

Get used to it, times change and we have no more rights than the Burmese who are here legally (money doesn't/shouldn't = rights), why should you be bumped to the front?

I was however bumped forward to complete what was required. I hope that is just a phase there, I am used to entering a normally almost empty office.

Get used to it, times change and we have no more rights than the Burmese who are here legally (money doesn't/shouldn't = rights), why should you be bumped to the front?

Maybe that's a question for Immigration. When in the office I said or did nothing (no queuing tickets/system). Definitely no money, so must be my good looks!

Maybe that's a question for Immigration. When in the office I said or did nothing (no queuing tickets/system). Definitely no money, so must be my good looks!

You're right, but it just goes to show the prejudices ingrained in such organisations.

Two things about the Thai's;

They hate the Burmese and they love the His Majesty the King......and will go out of their way to demonstrate both.

Maybe they didn't show up with tailored trousers, polished Oxford shoes, crisp white shirt and tie.........poverty is no damned excuse!!

It must be burning their butt, to think that their extra workload is the result of Burmese.laugh.png

Edited by uptheos

Just for the record.

90 day report for me and er indoors,yesterday afternoon in and out in 5 minutes.

If the immigration guys put their heads down and do them, instead of farting around, it's only a couple of minutes for each one.

Today at 1:30. In and out in 5 minutes. Nice.

Edit: no bar code installed

Nice to hear they are doing their job. Someone reported 5 minutes yesterday (I think), maybe they are being watched.....it's amazing how fast the wheel actually turns when they simply do the job they supposed to be doing........ nothing more.

Hi

1 hour waiting on Wednesday from 1.15pm to 2.15pm .. I had bar-code before ... did not remember it .. they took my form AND copies, and did not gave me backthose as "we don't need it now" ... so no change for me ... definitely faster on afternoon than morning.

P.

Hi

1 hour waiting on Wednesday from 1.15pm to 2.15pm .. I had bar-code before ... did not remember it .. they took my form AND copies, and did not gave me backthose as "we don't need it now" ... so no change for me ... definitely faster on afternoon than morning.

P.

Did you really think anyone there really knows why they're putting bar codes in?