Life In Malaysia - Kl

nietzche

I've passed through KL dozens of times. I would like to go up to the menara before sunset to see the lights of the city come on, but have been waiting for a day without smog/haze. Have yet to see one.

KL is not a good city for walking around. It's more of a modern city, like Los Angeles, the place is tied together with a bunch of causeways, overpasses, etc. A good place for shopping and eating.

No way i would live there ever, Thailand might be doomed with many problems but life in KL would be unbearable...

It's ok for a short holiday though, anyway, we are all different so better you give it a try by yourself and see how do you feel there wink.png

Looks as if I,m moving my family there from Singapore soon.

Have landed a new job there.

I have friends living there (from the UK) and they have been there for about 8 years, they say its great.

Edited by soihok

I am sharing my time between Malaysia and Thailand.

I live nearby KLIA, but before I have lived in Malacca, Langkawi, and Terrenganu

Kuala Lumpur is a Capital, it is very "green" but it is a Capital and as such subject to important traffic jams, housing is costly compared to Malacca and Langkawi. Working in a Malaysian environment is easier than in Thailand, Malaysians are generally very tolerant people with foreigners, less xenophobia, a police which is globally "in order". You can buy a house, get a loan from a local bank for doing it, ... ..Malaysia is a great place to live, but if you have the choice avoid KL: MALACCA, Langkawi are better locations

Lived in KL in the 90s. I think it is more western than Thailand. More English spoken hence possibly more accessible for a westerner?

But of course there are minuses - bad traffic, poor public transport (back then), some corruption but not as bad as Thailand based on my own experience. Of course, on the cheap women/booze scale, Thailand wins hands down, or shall i say bottoms up?

Horses for courses.