Chip Tuning For My Isuzu Mu7 Choice

dagling

Racechip.de has two different chip for Isuzu MU7, so I'm not sure which of them fits my car?

Another question is whether it responds to book Race Chip Pro, which I see only provides 4% more power, and that cost 100 Euros more than the standard Race Chip?

Someone with experience with this chip in a MU7?

Hope someone can direct me a little bit here;-) smile.png

Congratulations!

Welcome on board to to the MU-7 and its 3.0! clap2.gif

Sorry for the delay in this post. ermm.gif

I ordered the Isuzu MU-7 3.0L Racechip (not the 'Pro' version), that matches the 163PS and 333Nm specs of our SUVs. I was thrown off by the '2982Cm(*3)' spec, so I wrote to RaceChip to verify that this was indeed the correct RaceChip cable for our (what is spec'ed to be) 2999Cm(*3). They responded by telling me to 'select the Racechip that corresponds to my vehicle'.

I ordered and have received it and am waiting to install it.

Installation pics and good info is here, especially posts # 396 - 4xx: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/302656-cheap-diesel-performance/page__st__375

and a little more MU-7 RaceChip specific info here, post # 58 and more: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/423120-has-anyone-installed-a-diesel-performance-chip-in-their-mu-7-30-ddi-vgs-models/page__st__50

I plan to upgrade to the more complete (and permanent) 'Monster 2' diesel chip tuning as soon as I have no more Isuzu mfg warranty concerns.

Congratulations!

I ordered the Isuzu MU-7 3.0L Racechip (not the 'Pro' version), that matches the 163PS and 333Nm specs of our SUVs. I was thrown off by the '2982Cm(*3)' spec, so I wrote to RaceChip to verify that this was indeed the correct RaceChip cable for our (what is spec'ed to be) 2999Cm(*3). They responded by telling me to 'select the Racechip that corresponds to my vehicle'.

So if I understand you correctly, it`s the 2999Cm(*3) I have to go for, NOT the 163PS and 333Nm specs one?

But why did they want you to go for the Pro version, beside from selling you a more expensive one? It`s only going to give another 4% comparing to the standard one?

Congratulations!

So if I understand you correctly, it`s the 2999Cm(*3) I have to go for, NOT the 163PS and 333Nm specs one?

But why did they want you to go for the Pro version, beside from selling you a more expensive one? It`s only going to give another 4% comparing to the standard one?

Nope....everything is exactly the opposite as you understand it:

The mfg. lists our engines to be 2999Cm(*3) - 163PS - 333Nm. But since the RaceChip company lists their 163PS - 333Nm chip to be (only) 2982Cm(*3), this is the one I bought.

No one wanted me to go for the Pro version, but I agree with you 100% that the Pro version only gives another 4% compared to the standard one, that's why I bought the standard version. Some enthusiasts want every last ounce of power as they can get - regardless the cost. I suspect the Pro version is marketed to them.

See what you think after reading the other MU-7 RaceChip owner experiences. Have you ordered yours yet?

Congratulations!

The mfg. lists our engines to be 2999Cm(*3) - 163PS - 333Nm. But since the RaceChip company lists their 163PS - 333Nm chip to be (only) 2982Cm(*3), this is the one I bought.

No one wanted me to go for the Pro version, but I agree with you 100% that the Pro version only gives another 4% compared to the standard one, that's why I bought the standard version. Some enthusiasts want every last ounce of power as they can get - regardless the cost. I suspect the Pro version is marketed to them.

See what you think after reading the other MU-7 RaceChip owner experiences. Have you ordered yours yet?

No, but I sure will any day now. Thank you for clear things up for me, then I will go for the 2982Cm(*3). I have send them a email regarding shipping cost to Norway ( I`m going back for couple of months during the summer time), so hopefully the offer a free shipping to Norway as well as Sweden... Cheers mate;-)))

Congratulations!

No, but I sure will any day now. Thank you for clear things up for me, then I will go for the 2982Cm(*3). I have send them a email regarding shipping cost to Norway ( I`m going back for couple of months during the summer time), so hopefully the offer a free shipping to Norway as well as Sweden... Cheers mate;-)))

Good luck on your trip - throw a couple of snowballs for me, will 'ya? smile.png

Post back here and let us know how well the RaceChip is working for you!