Smelly Tap Water In Nonthaburi?

Roachiebkk

Hi,

Long term resident in this lovely city we call home. However for the last 14 months I have been located in Nonthaburi. Forget about the floods, although it certainly was an interesting time. I have a problem and just wondered if anyone on TV.com had encountered the same.

I live near Ngamwongwan Road in a very nice condo that overlooks the Ministry of Public Health parks and gardens so no road noise very peaceful and pretty cheap as well. Problem is the water supply........... at first I thought it was simply the drains but now realise its the water itself! Rotten egg smell as soon as you turn on the taps, kitchen, bathroom, shower doesn't matter. It also leaves a red coloured residue on flat surfaces and anything handwashed and white usually ends up with a red tinge. I do like this place but the problem seems to be getting worse, or maybe I'm just noticing it more. Before I decide to cut my losses and move elsewhere I'd like to know if anybody else has had this smelly Nonthaburi experience and am I just going to move elsewhere with the same problem?

Appreciate your help

Get the condo owners to clean the water holding tanks, and let it flow through the pipes as well. Also a lot of work still going on around that area, and residue could have got into the main pipes on the roads.

Get the condo owners to clean the water holding tanks, and let it flow through the pipes as well. Also a lot of work still going on around that area, and residue could have got into the main pipes on the roads.

Thanks, yes I've asked the owners to look into it and spoken to some of the other residents.

Thanks again

get it tested ASAP

you have no idea what toxic substances can even be in clear looking water ........

dont forget ,your body gets contaminated through the skin while showering etc

so even if youre not drinking this water you could still be at some risk

that goes for any country,but probably double it for thailand

If your condo was built over 10 years ago, it is posibile that they used steel pipes. Then the red tinge could be rust.

No, its quite new and I have experience from Australia with rusty pipes, this is something completely different, especially with the rotten egg smell but thanks.

If your condo was built over 10 years ago, it is posibile that they used steel pipes. Then the red tinge could be rust.

No, its quite new and I have experience from Australia with rusty pipes, this is something completely different, especially with the rotten egg smell but thanks.

rotten egg smell........be carefully with that water!

From what I know of rotten egg smells from the mechanical oil industry, the rotten egg smell comes from H2S hydrogen sulphide and from mercaptan an additive to gasses like propane and natural gas and it also comes from sulphur not saying it is

And I have smelt this before but can't rember what exactly it was

get it tested ASAP

you have no idea what toxic substances can even be in clear looking water ........

Now where would i find that kind of testing service? Worth looking into though, thanks

get it tested ASAP

Now where would i find that kind of testing service? Worth looking into though, thanks

Google "Intertek Thailand".

get it tested ASAP

Google "Intertek Thailand".

there is hundreds of websites available that will accept a sample of water and analyise it for you and post you back a print out of you results

this is just one :

http://www.e-watertest.com/priority-water-test-whats-tested.html

Smell is almost certainly H2S hydrogen sulphide...AKA sewer gas...red colour either muddy water or most likely high iron content in the water...the two could be connected...water coming from a "strange source" H2S coming from decomposing vegetation in said water...if only high iron in the water would not have a smell

From what I know of rotten egg smells from the mechanical oil industry, the rotten egg smell comes from H2S hydrogen sulphide and from mercaptan an additive to gasses like propane and natural gas and it also comes from sulphur not saying it is

And I have smelt this before but can't rember what exactly it was

H2S something decompose without enough oxygen. Can have various reasons. But non is healthy and there is a good chance that something nasty is living in that water.