Can We Buy A Copy Of Adobe Premiere Pro Here On Educational Discount?

msg362

My wife is a full time lecturer at CMU and wants a copy of Adobe Premiere Pro ( CS6 either creative suite or the one below). This would be a legitimate copy, she can authenticate her employment.

In the US/UK etc that is possible, but looking on the SE Asia site it does not seem to be there. ( I realise CS6 will be out in a few weeks)

Does anyone know if it is possible or if not why it is banned?

Is there a way we can do this and end up with a legitimate copy but not paying the price of a small house for it?

Thanks

Adobe launches Student and Teacher Editions

Offering students and teachers access to world-class tools at up to 90%* discount

January 9, 2012, Bangkok - Adobe Systems Incorporated today reinforced its commitment to digital education and eLearning, announcing the availability of significantly discounted versions of its industry-leading software for students and teachers for the first time in Thailand. Adobe Student and Teacher Editions provide discounts of up to 90%* on a range of popular products including Adobe® Creative Suite® 5.5 Design Premium, Creative Suite5.5 Design Standard, Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium and Adobe Acrobat® X Pro.

Media Release .pdf

Adobe launches Student and Teacher Editions

Offering students and teachers access to world-class tools at up to 90%* discount

January 9, 2012, Bangkok - Adobe Systems Incorporated today reinforced its commitment to digital education and eLearning, announcing the availability of significantly discounted versions of its industry-leading software for students and teachers for the first time in Thailand. Adobe Student and Teacher Editions provide discounts of up to 90%* on a range of popular products including Adobe® Creative Suite® 5.5 Design Premium, Creative Suite5.5 Design Standard, Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium and Adobe Acrobat® X Pro.

Media Release .pdf

Thank you for this, but this is the problem. Design premium does not include Premiere Pro. That is my frustration!

Thank you for this, but this is the problem. Design premium does not include Premiere Pro. That is my frustration!

In the PDF file above there are some links to the Adobe SEA that may have contact information.

I'm sure your already using some other software and have identified your needs. Often I have found myself "Adobe centric" when better solutions at a much better price are out there.

I'm sure we are all missing the Pontip Plaza affect - but in reality video editing software is really very reasonable these days ( < 3,000 Baht ) . It's more about camera audio and lighting - as you probably know already.