British Red Cross Worker Found Beheaded In Pakistan

News_Editor

British Red Cross worker found beheaded in Pakistan < br /> 2012-04-30 07:33:01 GMT+7 (ICT) QUETTA, PAKISTAN (BNO NEWS) -- Police have found the beheaded body of a British aid worker who was kidnapped by suspected militants in southwestern Pakistan earlier this year, officials said on Sunday. Health program manager Khalil Rasjed Dale, 60, was kidnapped by suspected militants on January 5 when he was on his way from work in a car marked with International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) emblems. The British national was kidnapped about 200 meters (650 yards) from an ICRC residence in Quetta, the provincial capital of Balochistan which borders Afghanistan."All of us at the ICRC and at the British Red Cross share the grief and outrage of Khalil's family and friends. We are devastated," said ICRC Director-General Yves Daccord. "Khalil was a trusted and very experienced Red Cross staff member who significantly contributed to the humanitarian cause."Quetta police said the body of the Muslim convert was found wrapped in plastic in an orchard with a note saying he had been killed by the Taliban. A sharp knife was used to sever Dale's head from the body, although it was not immediately clear if that was the cause of his death."I was deeply saddened to hear today about the brutal murder of Khalil Dale - a man who was killed whilst providing humanitarian support to others," British Prime Minister David Cameron said in a statement released by Number 10. "This was a shocking and merciless act, carried out by people with no respect for human life and the rule of law."According to the BBC, the militants holding Dale had demanded a 'very large' ransom which could not be paid."Tireless efforts have been underway to secure his release, and the British Government has worked closely with the Red Cross throughout," UK Foreign Secretary William Hague said. "I utterly condemn the kidnapping and killing of Mr Dale, and send my deepest condolences to his family and loved ones as they come to terms with their tragic and distressing loss. This was a senseless and cruel act, targeting someone whose role was to help the people of Pakistan, and causing immeasurable pain to those who knew Mr Dale."British Red Cross chief executive Nicholas Young said Dale first worked overseas for the Red Cross in 1981 in Kenya, distributing food and improving the health of people affected by severe drought. He also worked in Sudan, Somalia, Afghanistan and Iraq, before his posting to Pakistan with the International Committee of the Red Cross."In other words, he did not shy away from the tough assignments, in the name of improving the lives of others," Young said, adding that his death also robs the people he was helping from the expert care they need. "He was a brave man who had the utmost respect of his colleagues in the Red Cross and in the humanitarian world generally." tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-04-30

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure as good inte

As I recall, a member named H90 was praising the Taliban just a couple days ago in another thread for being the 'protectors' in Afghanistan. Could this be the same Taliban you were talking about - H90???????

Normally when I see someone on these boards supporting the Taliban my first instinct is to chalk it up to anti-Americanism or them being brought up a hardcore leftist. But in today's day and age, they could also be paid to scour Internet forums to add opposing opinions/propaganda/disinformation. There are jobs like that out there. Usually there are enough people out there on both sides of an issue (abortion, gay marriage, war) that you don't need to pay anyone to post on your behalf. But I imagine that it's hard to find people to honestly support the Taliban murdering aid workers. So if posters like H90 are just trying to make a living, so be it. I doubt they will change anyone's mind. However, if he truly believes the Taliban is right to do what they do, I'm glad he's not my neighbor.

Edited by koheesti

http://www.jihadwatc...d-them-all.html this is not the first time aid workers have been murdered by the Taliban , beyond belief!. And in closing it does seem rather odd to me that the Guy who writes "Jihad watch" is labeled by some as an "extremist"!!

I'd like to also point out that this didn't happen in Afghanistan where Taliban "freedom fighters" were defending their home from "invaders". It will be interesting to ever find out why they killed a convert to Islam. I would think they would approve of people converting. Maybe Dale was suspected of something?

http://www.jihadwatc...d-them-all.html this is not the first time aid workers have been murdered by the Taliban , beyond belief!. And in closing it does seem rather odd to me that the Guy who writes "Jihad watch" is labeled by some as an "extremist"!!

I'd like to also point out that this didn't happen in Afghanistan where Taliban "freedom fighters" were defending their home from "invaders". It will be interesting to ever find out why they killed a convert to Islam. I would think they would approve of people converting. Maybe Dale was suspected of something?

How about the others in the link I produced were they "suspected" of something too?, and since when did "suspicion" warrant decapitating some one ???, sorry Koheest with respect you'll have go back to the "drawing board", and just what are the Taliban seeking "freedom" from?,its already ruled by an Afghan Muslim government ain't it.. maybe this is what is wrong, the Islamics see appeasers and excuse makers for their abominable practices as a sign of weakness!, and closing, no doubt you are well aware that the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan is as porous as a sieve ,so really it makes no difference as to were this unfortunate man met his grisly end. Edited by Colin Yai
  • Like 1

The chap converted to Islam, he was formerly Ken Dale, but evidently he still wasn't Islamic enough for the Taliban. Ho hum, it does tend to give one a feeling of contempt, not only for the Taliban, but those who are negotiating the terms of our surrender to them.

Edited by Steely Dan
  • Like 1

The chap converted to Islam, he was formerly Ken Dale, but evidently he still wasn't Islamic enough for the Taliban. Ho hum, it does tend to give one a feeling of contempt, not only for the Taliban, but those who are negotiating the terms of our surrender to them.

And here we go, the Dr and Mini-Me, not content with condemning a brutal and senseless murder of a member of the ICRC, you feel the need to slip in an apologist mention of the delightful Jihad Watch and its chief contributor Robert Spencer. I'm sure you are aware of Mr Spencer's discipleship of Bob Avakian, the Chairman of the Revolutionary Communist Party, USA since its formation in 1975, and his close association with the Black Panthers.

Robert Spencer was also spotlighted by another Talban/Al Qaida victim, Benazir Bhutto, as "using Jihad Watch to spread misinformation and hatred of Islam. And that he presents a skewed, onesided and inflammatory story that only helps to sow the seed of civizational conflict".

Why take a tragedy and make it worse? Who benefits?

Edited by folium

And here we go, the Dr and Mini-Me, not content with condemning a brutal and senseless murder of a member of the ICRC, you feel the need to slip in an apologist mention of the delightful Jihad Watch and its chief contributor Robert Spencer. I'm sure you are aware of Mr Spencer's discipleship of Bob Avakian, the Chairman of the Revolutionary Communist Party, USA since its formation in 1975, and his close association with the Black Panthers.

Robert Spencer was also spotlighted by another Talban/Al Qaida victim, Benazir Bhutto, as "using Jihad Watch to spread misinformation and hatred of Islam. And that he presents a skewed, onesided and inflammatory story that only helps to sow the seed of civizational conflict".

Why take a tragedy and make it worse? Who benefits?

Sigh, I thought this thread was about the Taliban, not Robert Spencer. I can only point you at my signature quote, for fear of 'inflaming' the Taliban to do even worse.

Personally, I don't find Jihad watch a credible source of information. You can post it if you want and you can attempt to speel anti-Islam rhetoric. The fact that other people don't buy it is up to them.

Stay on the topic of the OP and not your sources of information.

• Like 1

How about the others in the link I produced were they "suspected" of something too?, and since when did "suspicion" warrant decapitating some one ???, sorry Koheest with respect you'll have go back to the "drawing board", and just what are the Taliban seeking "freedom" from?,its already ruled by an Afghan Muslim government ain't it.. maybe this is what is wrong, the Islamics see appeasers and excuse makers for their abominable practices as a sign of weakness!, and closing, no doubt you are well aware that the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan is as porous as a sieve ,so really it makes no difference as to were this unfortunate man met his grisly end.

I don't need to go back to the drawing board. I agree with you. I put "freedom fighters" in quotes because that's what the apologists call them.

• Like 1

How about the others in the link I produced were they "suspected" of something too?, and since when did "suspicion" warrant decapitating some one ???, sorry Koheest with respect you'll have go back to the "drawing board", and just what are the Taliban seeking "freedom" from?,its already ruled by an Afghan Muslim government ain't it.. maybe this is what is wrong, the Islamics see appeasers and excuse makers for their abominable practices as a sign of weakness!, and closing, no doubt you are well aware that the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan is as porous as a sieve ,so really it makes no difference as to were this unfortunate man met his grisly end.

I don't need to go back to the drawing board. I agree with you. I put "freedom fighters" in quotes because that's what the apologists call them.

Sorry bout the misunderstanding on my behalf Khoheesti .

Personally, I don't find Jihad watch a credible source of information. You can post it if you want and you can attempt to speel anti-Islam rhetoric. The fact that other people don't buy it is up to them.

Stay on the topic of the OP and not your sources of information.

The information about the 8 Christian Aid workers is spot on ,I remembered the tragic incident quite well, so I googled up "8 Christain aid workers killed in Afghanistan" a whole raft of links were enclosed from different sources and News agency's corroborating it , the truth is the truth and just cos Robert Spencer writes about it does not make it any different as I could have produced one from "The New York Times" saying the same thing , I thought that I was bang on topic by saying this is not the first time this has happened and produced a link to substantiate my views on the matter, Edited by Colin Yai
  • Like 1

Good morning

Given the fact that Jihad Watch was brought up by you (including a trite defence of Mr Spencer), and that you also made reference to Mr Harris, responding to such points hardly constitutes trolling. This was clearly underlined by Scott in his post re expecting comeback if you insist on posting/referencing anti-islamic websites and blogging.

You clearly operate to an agenda and take every opportunity to trot out extreme anti-islamic sentiment. How can you not expect others to differ from your agenda? Painting such people, who have the temerity to disagree with your agenda, as lefties, appeasers, muslim lovers etc would be laughable were such obvous bigotry not so similar to that of the very people you so intensely decry.

The beliefs and 'agenda' of other posters (as you see them) is also offtopic.gif

• Like 1

Folium Please try and concentrate more as you are in danger of getting your wires crossed, It was myself that produced the link about "jihad watch" not Dan,Check it out smile.png and in closing maybe you would like to discount the 27 remarks given about Spencers article !!

Edited by Colin Yai
  • Like 1

I have deleted a number very off-topic posts. This thread is not about the Jews and their covenant with God etc. etc. It is also not about sources of information. The sources, as long as there is no reason to believe that they are factually (and purposefully) untrue will likely be allowed to remain.

Folium Please try and concentrate more as you are in danger of getting your wires crossed, It was myself that produced the link about "jihad watch" not Dan,Check it out smile.png and in closing maybe you would like to discount the 27 remarks given about Spencers article !!

Thanks for the concern.

It's quite hard not to see you two as a bit of a "twofer" deal.

Back on topic the murder of Khalil Dale by Taliban extremists is a true tragedy but the responses you point out are hardly helpful or conducive to any form of tolerable future. Demonization and calling for the destruction of the faith held by a quarter of humanity and indulging in a "clash of civilizations" merely means the extremists on both sides triumph.

It's easy to be a an armchair chickenhawk, but sadly many people will suffer from such an approach and many more will have to pick up the pieces.

• Like 1

Thanks for the concern.

Back on topic the murder of Khalil Dale by Taliban extremists is a true tragedy but the responses you point out are hardly helpful or conducive to any form of tolerable future. Demonization and calling for the destruction of the faith held by a quarter of humanity and indulging in a "clash of civilizations" merely means the extremists on both sides triumph.

It's easy to be a an armchair chickenhawk, but sadly many people will suffer from such an approach and many more will have to pick up the pieces.

Yeah But how can any one "suffer" if what other people write is the irrefutable truth ,?,or are you saying that Everything Spencer writes is a figment of his fertile anti Islamic Imagination?.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the concern.

Yeah But how can any one "suffer" if what other people write is the irrefutable truth ,?,or are you saying that Everything Spencer writes is a figment of his fertile anti Islamic Imagination?.

The "art" of terrorism is to provoke an over-reaction by one's opponents thus validating the terrorists standpoint and advancing their cause.

Reacting to the murder of Mr Dale by seeking destruction of the Islamic faith and its believers in a clash of civilizations is exactly what they want to hear.

Ill-thought out military actions in th last decade have been shown to be wildly counter-productive apart from the extremist viewpoint. Conflicts with extremists can only be won via political and economic means whilst at the same time removing any issues that can be used to prolong conflict.

Thanks for the concern.

The "art" of terrorism is to provoke an over-reaction by one's opponents thus validating the terrorists standpoint and advancing their cause.

Reacting to the murder of Mr Dale by seeking destruction of the Islamic faith and its believers in a clash of civilizations is exactly what they want to hear.

Ill-thought out military actions in th last decade have been shown to be wildly counter-productive apart from the extremist viewpoint. Conflicts with extremists can only be won via political and economic means whilst at the same time removing any issues that can be used to prolong conflict.

Don't you think it's the Muslims that are the cause of the conflict because of their completely unyielding behavior to some one of another faith, hence all the desecration of Christian places of worship not only in Nigeria but many other Islamic Countrys too, Many are up in arms about this pastor Burning the Quran, but say nothing when the Christian Aid workers mentioned in my link were brutally murdered for being "suspected" of distributing Bibles, for fox sake lets have some sort of level playing field .

Thanks for the concern.

There have been "political and economic means" attempted during the past 60 years or so. Think Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Palestine et al. Where has that gotten us during the same time frame?

When you say "removing any issues that can be used to prolong conflict", you seem to be saying that people and governments should take no action which might offend the extremists. Is that what you meant to say?

• Like 1

I could not have put it any better Chuck, thanks ,why must any one bow their head in fear of causing "offence" by Speaking or writing what you know is the truth ,or be labeled or berated as a "extremist"or "fascist" by others who are embarrassed because you Speak it , what a sad state of affairs.

Edited by Colin Yai