Seatran (Green Ferry)

Although I have been on this ferry a couple of times before, but never in full configuration.

I have only been on it when they used the top car deck only. Yesterday I waited for the 1700 donsak - Samui ferry, which was late. An employee came down the lines and said no problem, can get on, running late because so many cars. Until I got on the ferry I didn't realise what he ment when he said so many cars. They were using all 3 car decks. As I was no 6 in the reserved line, I was one of the ones to go into the bowels of no 3 deck (lowest). Talk about a laugh, 3 point turns and reversing into position. Don't forget to flatten your roof ariel, as the roof beams are so low.

We eventually got off in Samui around 2015. This ferry should not be used in full configuration if they want to keep to their schedules, maybe the last ferry of the day should be ok. I would hate to see what a health & safety inspector would have to say, I guess it's just as well Thailand dosn't believe in such trivialities.

By the way this is a case of first on, last off.

1st time I used this green boat one was about 3 weeks ago lucky my pickup is long and tall so had to park on top deck so 1st off. It was late departing due to slow loading. It was OK smooth weather but my guess is rough weather it will rock and roll. I will avoid this one better to wait for next ferry.

Had near enough the exact same experience as you. Last week. I drove down to the bottom deck then had to reverse the length of the ferry into one of the lines. It was easy enough but it wasn't helped by a small man blowing a whistle in my ear and flashing a powerful LED torch in my eyes, gave me a headache so i gave him oneangry.png

Then we arrived in Samui from the 20.00 boat at 23.00. The deck where we were parked was literally full with fumes. Couldn't see very far. Theres no ventilation and most of the locals in their 3 litre trucks had their engines running well before we'd even arrived. I drove forward to the first man with a torch and a whistle, got the torch flashed in my face and as the whistle screamed into my ear hole, i did a 3 point turn and drove forward up the ramp. Interesting some times, even the smallest of tasks seem to work in strange yet managable ways.

• Like 1

I used it two days before songkran. On the bottom deck and I had to climb out the back window of the car feet first. Good job I'm skinny. The lady in the car beside me had to stay in the car for the crossing as she could not get out. Very tight indeed and very unsafe!

I used it two days before songkran. On the bottom deck and I had to climb out the back window of the car feet first. Good job I'm skinny. The lady in the car beside me had to stay in the car for the crossing as she could not get out. Very tight indeed and very unsafe!

She couldn't get out? Imagine if the overcrowded overweight thing sunk? The things these companies here do for a literally a few bucks

• Like 1