Siberian Huskies

Just a heads up for those members that ask last year before I sold out! I will be listint them in the classifieds next week, but cannot deliver till May 15th, and just want to make sure members get first shot! We have 5 total, 3boys, 2 girls, the girls are B/W and 1 B/W male and 2 G/W males. and all registered with Kennel Club of Thailand, and will be delivered with papers and shot records. I am not a puppy mill, and these are raided in my home and are avaible for viewing. Pics will be up on the ad and will post ad on tuesday!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Blackwoods,

I live in Rangsit. I believe we spoke on the telephone pre floods about the puppies, unfortunately I am not currently in a position to purchase a pup but would love to get some further info. Do you have a website? Would it be possible to make a visit to your kennel? I've never had a dog before, let alone a Siberian Husky. I would love to get some info on what will be required of me to own one in Thailand, so that I could make an informed and responsible decision for the Husky and myself.

James

Hi Blackwoods,

I live in Rangsit. I believe we spoke on the telephone pre floods about the puppies, unfortunately I am not currently in a position to purchase a pup but would love to get some further info. Do you have a website? Would it be possible to make a visit to your kennel? I've never had a dog before, let alone a Siberian Husky. I would love to get some info on what will be required of me to own one in Thailand, so that I could make an informed and responsible decision for the Husky and myself.

James

sorry to be off topic, but if you have never had a dog, perhaps Huskie is not the best choice for a first dog :), though can understand why you would want one, they are absolutely stunning looking beasts

• Like 1

they are absolutely stunning looking beasts

..and for one guy in America, hugely profitable!

Its the dude with the 'talking' huskies, Mishka & Laika. On YouTube alone his 2 huskie channels combined have raked in over 300 million views. Which translates to a minimum $300,000 in his pocket. Youtube Partners, of which he is one, earn between $1 & $3 per 1000 views so offset this with the fact he wouldn't have gained Partner status right away & he must be laughing all the way to the bank. All for doing a daft (sometimes funny) video 3 or 4 times a week. Incredible ! It beats working for a living..

Anyway i digress, but totally agree with Phl.. stunning dogs.

Hi Blackwoods,

James there are many posts on the do's/dont's with these double coated dogs,if y have never had a dog before y should read up on all the info,they are fantastic creatures but take a lot of looking after[24/7].not for a first timer.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your responses. I ran a search for Siberian Huskies but all I found was posts listing them for sale, giveaways, mange and general dog posts where members have mentioned Huskies.

I was wandering if maybe you guys could give me an assessment of my situation and inform me if I might meet the requirements to own one.

A neighbor has 3 Huskies that always bark at me when I jog past their house! I don't know much about dogs, but from appearance they look healthy. However, I have never seen them being walked.

I live in a townhouse in a moo baan with my wife. We both work and are out of the house, usually from 7am to 6-7pm. I am worried about us both being out for so long during the day, especially with a puppy.

We have AC upstairs in the bedroom and downstairs in the living/dining room. From what I understand a Siberian Husky should be sleeping in a cool environment and we're both happy to have it in a dog basket/bed in our bedroom. However, if it were a case that we would have to leave the downstairs AC on all day for the dog then it would just be too expensive.

We have a sheltered driveway/garage under the house with gate. Perhaps with a big cage/kennel and a fan blowing in to one part of it would be ok, with a large water bowl whilst we were out?

On my soi there is a soi dog, I believe it does belong to someone as its always being given food but it is always outside. It looks rather unwell, like most soi dogs. If I did get a pup I would fully proof our garage/drive area so that this dog couldn't get in. It's never been aggressive to us, but I'm not sure how it'll react to another dog.

Our moo baan has a park (more like a garden) but its too small for a big dog like a Siberian Husky to get a good work out. However, I do jog around the whole moo baan (concrete soi's) and I'm quite prepared to take the dog with me, on a lead, every morning and evening. Further more, I own a car and would take it to somewhere like Chatuchak Park every weekend, or any other local (ish) place where it could run around not on concrete.

I would only be giving it the best dog food for available in Thailand Siberian Husky. How much roughly would this run in expenses per month, adding in any other things like check ups etc?

I think that's everything!Main worries being townhouse space with us both being out during the day, running on concrete damage to dog, other owned dogs + soi dogs, and likely expenses per month giving it the best food etc.

Please inform me of anything else that I have missed. Like I said previously, I am not currently in a financial position to purchase a pup and would only do it after I feel I have the right knowledge to be a responsible owner.

Thanks

I would never consider a dog of that size, no matter what breed, in a townhouse in Bangkok when I would be away all day to boot.

We have a border collie....but she has endless space to run about, is not tied up and even chases the monkies.

your intensions might be good but owning a dog in thailand is not for you.first you are at work all day,you dont have a garden for the dog to stretch their legs and do the no,1-2's,these dogs need exercise first thing in the morning before sunrise and evening when the sun goes down,it is not advisable to jog with the dog as the heat and the humidity will soon take its toll.we have an alskan malamute simular to the husky that are used to living in temps.of -40 so +40 is what we have,i change his water 5times a day,he has a fan on outside under a bench but as soon as it gets hot he comes inside and beds down in the downstairs shower room which as only one small window and still has to have a fan blowing so looking after a dog in thailand is not easy.at night he sleeps in our bedroom with the air-con on.for me it is heart breaking to see some of the dogs on our moo ban left all day to fend for theirselfs when they need some love and attention so please think it over and dont become another owner who only needs a dog to bark.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your responses. I ran a search for Siberian Huskies but all I found was posts listing them for sale, giveaways, mange and general dog posts where members have mentioned Huskies.

I was wandering if maybe you guys could give me an assessment of my situation and inform me if I might meet the requirements to own one.

A neighbor has 3 Huskies that always bark at me when I jog past their house! I don't know much about dogs, but from appearance they look healthy. However, I have never seen them being walked.

I live in a townhouse in a moo baan with my wife. We both work and are out of the house, usually from 7am to 6-7pm. I am worried about us both being out for so long during the day, especially with a puppy.

We have AC upstairs in the bedroom and downstairs in the living/dining room. From what I understand a Siberian Husky should be sleeping in a cool environment and we're both happy to have it in a dog basket/bed in our bedroom. However, if it were a case that we would have to leave the downstairs AC on all day for the dog then it would just be too expensive.

We have a sheltered driveway/garage under the house with gate. Perhaps with a big cage/kennel and a fan blowing in to one part of it would be ok, with a large water bowl whilst we were out?

On my soi there is a soi dog, I believe it does belong to someone as its always being given food but it is always outside. It looks rather unwell, like most soi dogs. If I did get a pup I would fully proof our garage/drive area so that this dog couldn't get in. It's never been aggressive to us, but I'm not sure how it'll react to another dog.

Our moo baan has a park (more like a garden) but its too small for a big dog like a Siberian Husky to get a good work out. However, I do jog around the whole moo baan (concrete soi's) and I'm quite prepared to take the dog with me, on a lead, every morning and evening. Further more, I own a car and would take it to somewhere like Chatuchak Park every weekend, or any other local (ish) place where it could run around not on concrete.

I would only be giving it the best dog food for available in Thailand Siberian Husky. How much roughly would this run in expenses per month, adding in any other things like check ups etc?

I think that's everything!Main worries being townhouse space with us both being out during the day, running on concrete damage to dog, other owned dogs + soi dogs, and likely expenses per month giving it the best food etc.

Please inform me of anything else that I have missed. Like I said previously, I am not currently in a financial position to purchase a pup and would only do it after I feel I have the right knowledge to be a responsible owner.

Thanks

in my opinion, no matter the size of the house or condo, i believe dogs need to walked, better yet taken out to play free off lead.on daily basis. i take mine out twice per day

i also believe food is a VERY important factor in dogs life, i would suggest Royal Canine or Chicken Soup(its a brand) both expansive 2200 per 15kg bag, but makes dog healthy, happy and provides all nutrition it needs.

here is a good site to read when choosing a breed.http://dogbreedinfo.com/

your intensions might be good but owning a dog in thailand is not for you.first you are at work all day,you dont have a garden for the dog to stretch their legs and do the no,1-2's,these dogs need exercise first thing in the morning before sunrise and evening when the sun goes down,it is not advisable to jog with the dog as the heat and the humidity will soon take its toll.we have an alskan malamute simular to the husky that are used to living in temps.of -40 so +40 is what we have,i change his water 5times a day,he has a fan on outside under a bench but as soon as it gets hot he comes inside and beds down in the downstairs shower room which as only one small window and still has to have a fan blowing so looking after a dog in thailand is not easy.at night he sleeps in our bedroom with the air-con on.for me it is heart breaking to see some of the dogs on our moo ban left all day to fend for theirselfs when they need some love and attention so please think it over and dont become another owner who only needs a dog to bark.

Ditto.

.... i also believe food is a VERY important factor in dogs life, i would suggest Royal Canine or Chicken Soup...

Hopefully you've noted Nienke's thread on dog food recalls, as many retailers here still know nothing of any recall and could be selling affected food.

.... i also believe food is a VERY important factor in dogs life, i would suggest Royal Canine or Chicken Soup...

Hopefully you've noted Nienke's thread on dog food recalls, as many retailers here still know nothing of any recall and could be selling affected food.

actually i have not, do you have a link please?

Yes, a gusky is not the breed for everyone, but in all honesty, they thive well in Thailand. All dogs need exercise as well as attention, and the Siberian is classed as medium sized dog. Siberians have a 2 layer coat of har that protects them from extreme heat as well as cold. My dogs in particular stay in the house in AC during day and under a fa at night. Good food as well as lots of water is the key.Siberians shed their coat 2 times per year, so must be brushed a lot or groomed, and nails cut. as for the extreme hot, my female loves to lay in the sun for long periods of time, but, each as a quirky personallity Food wise, yes Royal Canin is about the best and have diets from everythiing from mother and puppiesgood for weaning pups from mamas milk, to adult formulas and all secific to your dogs size and needs. I do not have a farm, my puppies are all hand raised by me and wife. I am retired so my days are filled when we have puppies, and they are very well taken care of. I just sold 3 out of 5 in this last litter, and usually bought by Farang, as Thais don't lie the cost of dog or food, and most Farang provide better provisions for puppy! I have sold to a few Thais that are providing bette living spaces for dogs than I have, one having it air conditioned room and personal attendant full time, to walk, bathe and groom him. Anyways I have 2 grey and white left if anyone is interested, with really blue eyes, and had shots are are registered with the Kennel Club of Thailand. I can be IM'd here or emailed, all info on my profile here!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/553092-major-pet-food-recall/

I've given it a boost.

http://www.thaivisa....et-food-recall/

I've given it a boost.

thanks for that. i actually stopped to feed mine with chicken soup(i guess luckythumbsup.gif )

royal canine though in my opinion still remains at the top. company spends millions if not billions on research and development, so they must be doing something right.

have 2 elders back home, now living with my mother(both are 11-12 years old, i mean the dogs not the mother-lol)

and all their life they were in royal canine.

both are pretty healthy, great coats, play like pups (but can tell the age from the white hair on their faces)

vets can not believe how great and healthy my 2 (kids) are

so i say again, do not be tight with dog/cat food, it pays off in the long run for sure.biggrin.png

i feed mine on beef,chkn,pork,4veg,good rice and smart heart bisc.i also feed 2 of our neighbours dogs and they all seem to enjoy and thrive on this,trained greyhounds in the uk so feeding played a big part,so i have always fed dogs on traditional food.back to the topic i hope the breeder checks who he is selling his pups to,not someone who has never had a dog before.

i feed mine on beef,chkn,pork,4veg,good rice and smart heart bisc.i also feed 2 of our neighbours dogs and they all seem to enjoy and thrive on this,trained greyhounds in the uk so feeding played a big part,so i have always fed dogs on traditional food.back to the topic i hope the breeder checks who he is selling his pups to,not someone who has never had a dog before.

Funny you mention smart heart, all dogs love this stuff, there must be something in it.

My Vet says it has too much salt,but dogs still love it.

hi guys,i am doing siberian husky breeding here and i use to do dog food myself.i am sure to buy dog foods are make life easier but i had experience that home made food is the best.ANd my dogs never get boring of that.

my reciepe is;boil 2 chicken skeleton with low fire till its become very soft.takes about 2 hours.and use blender and blend it.boil 2 cup of rise and mix with that chicken paste.you can keep in refrigiretor.and when you are going to feed your dog add 1 banana(one the thai ppl pray for buddha,small banana)and 2 time a month pig bones.Sale in macro 18 bht per kg.It s good for their teeth but let them eat it outside of your house...