Carbon Fiber Slip-On For 2012 Er6?

TylerBKK

Also, can't you just buy that balanced link pipe you are referring to or do you need to change the headers too?

You need to do all this just to add a slip on?

The headers are one piece, link pipe as its referred to here is welded between the 2 header pipes. It's tight but there are no issues that I have heard of, no rubbing or anything. Sorry can't advise in regards to exhaust but to answer your question no you don't need the headers to install an after market exhaust, this being said I just keep my factory exhaust and am happy with the sound I get out of that - couple horse power gained (maybe 2-4 if your lucky) versus the extra noise is not something I concern myself with.

Not sure the cost of the headers, best answer would be contact Kawasaki and ask them what a set of headers for a 2011 Versys cost, keep in mind they might have to order them.

Edited by commande

If I remember right the stock Versys headers only cost around 3600 baht-

4f9e7578efa89_18680b.jpg

Once you've got those you can fit just about any slip on designed for the older model. One exception I can think of would be the Yoshimura since it mounts to the stock stay on the 2009-2011 model and the stays are completely different on the 2012 model.

Also, can't you just buy that balanced link pipe you are referring to or do you need to change the headers too?

You need to do all this just to add a slip on?

to answer your question no you don't need the headers to install an after market exhaust

The exhaust on the 2012 model is a one piece system, the headers / downpipes are part of the end can / stock muffler, you will need to purchase a set of headers from the previous generation to fit any aftermarket slip-on.

3600Baht is what i was quote too Tony ;)

Thanks everyone. That's good info. The headers are not a lot of money, but it sounds like even with the older 2011 headers you still can't put a Yoshimura pipe on?

As for the sound, I prefer the louder sound. I think it's saved my life a few times on my CBR250R. In fact last night I was coming up on the right side of a taxi and he was about to change into my lane and cut me off. As I approached I think the sound of my bike made him aware I was there and he quickly shot back into his lane. Thank goodness as I would have never braked in time otherwise. And I think the ER6 with the stock pipe sounds more like a sewing machine :)

Don't you think though after market pipes will start appearing on the market for the 2012 model soon so you don't have to change headers?

Don't you think though after market pipes will start appearing on the market for the 2012 model soon so you don't have to change headers?

Aftermarket FULL systems will be available for this bike only.

There is nowhere to cut the exhaust to mate it to a slip-on exhaust of any type. on the stock exhaust system there's an oval chamber just before the stock exhaust can and it's diameter is huge, certainly nothing i know of would fit over that.

It's just too much bother to have a custom slip-on made up to fit the cut stock headers of the 2012 model. Much easier to just pay 3600 baht for a set of 2011 Versys headers and keep your stock full system in one piece should you or anyone else need to claim on the warranty

. And I think the ER6 with the stock pipe sounds more like a sewing machine smile.png

i think my versys buzzes like a remote control car with the stock exhaust :D

i will consider upgrading when i get a chance ,just need something not too noisy

esp at idle

i dont particularly like everyone in the car park turning around to see what the fxxk

is that when i start my engine :D

Apparently Arrow, Two Brothers, and LeoVince have out something out for the 2012 bike already. I think they are all full systems though as you said. I also saw something today on the Akrapovik web site for 2012, but it wasn't a carbon fiber pipe and it also looked like a full system. So it seems there are possibly a number of full system options already.

Would that Two Brothers titanium pipe that fits the 2011 fit the 2012 with the 2011 headers?

I have seen a 2012 ER6N with a TwoBros fitted but no idea which headers were on.

Hilli it could have been a full system and not a slip on as well. To do the full system only costs another $100 versus buying a slip on and changing the headers. Sadly the full system they are making for the 2012 is not a titanium pipe, but dull aluminum and not so attractive. Rather would go with the headers change and the titanium pipe.

Tony, would there by an issue though with the stay with a Two Brothers titanium pipe using the 2011 headers on the 2012 fairing model (ER6F)? Like the issue you mentioned with Yoshi pipes? Cheers.

Here is a 2012 bike in Indonesia with a Two Brothers pipe. Not sure if it is the aluminum version with the full exhaust change or the older titanium slip-on pipe with a headers change though:

Anyway, looks good.

Actually it looks more like the carbon fiber pipe in that video. So I am assuming it was a header change install because the TBR carbon fiber pipe doesn't come as a full system for 2012. They are only offering the aluminum pipe as a full system so far.

Thanks Karlos. Yes, I saw that on their web site the other day. I guess it's a full system with that long pipe attached and not a slip-on? Also, their carbon fiber pipes are so nice. It's a shame it's not carbon.