"Short Time Rooms" - Serious Research!

Greetings residents!

As a bit of SERIOUS research I'm trying to track down a few really cheap places to stay on Samui.

Amazingly, Loney Planet online has been taken over by hotel-booking-commission-fever and is listing 5-star resorts under "hostels"- so no joy there!

But everywhere around the place I keep seeing little notices on the road saying something like "room 250 baht" with an arrow pointing towards 10 or 12 concrete bungalows. I presume they are what used to be called (or still are) 'short time rooms' - but at 250 baht a night for 2 people this might be a cheap budget alternative to a bungalow on the beach at triple the cost.

There's one close to Soi 7 in Mae Nam with a 250 baht sign at the roadside. There's another somewhere around Bang Po that's 280 baht . . .

Anyone know of others??

Cheers!

R

ps - you can always write your answer like . . . "not that I know myself, but a friend has mentioned that there are some short time rooms . . . " etc etc

Edited by robsamui

yeah...short time meaning short time....not long time....nor little bit long time.......possibly little bit long long time....

By the way...there are some great chairs in some of them rooms.

Edited by samsiam

There is also one on the ghost road near the Bangrak side. Not sure how much it is though.

999 thb, or 350 for an hour

Will I get a discount if I mention you? smiley-excited002.gif

just give the lady on the counter the special wink lol

• Like 1

There is also one on the ghost road near the Bangrak side. Not sure how much it is though.

Are you thinking of '99'?

Karaoke place, big restaurant plus rooms across the road in a block?

I met the owner once, K. Suchard, and asked him about this - and it's not so much for a night - 350 baht or so.

R

yeah...short time meaning short time....not long time....nor little bit long time.......possibly little bit long long time....

By the way...there are some great chairs in some of them rooms.

When the Chairman speaks, take note!

R

They are all over the place, just drive around the ring road once, between Maenam and Nathon there are numerous options. Apparently.

I know this already, Limby, that's what I'm on about. Said this already. There's lots. I know.

My inquiry was can anyone tell me of some of them . . . please?

R

Do you specifically want a shot-time room? I know of some 2br bungalows that are cheaper than 250 baht per night (they're 7000 baht per month).

i think rob might be writing the ' Samui Short Time Guide ' , or is looking for different locations across samui to ' have fun '

PS - 1 more post james and you can enter bedlem !

Do you specifically want a shot-time room? I know of some 2br bungalows that are cheaper than 250 baht per night (they're 7000 baht per month).

i think rob might be writing the ' Samui Short Time Guide ' , or is looking for different locations across samui to ' have fun '

Now there's a monetizable idea!

Sweet. Hadn't noticed that! What's 'bedlam'?

Now there's a monetizable idea!

Sweet. Hadn't noticed that! What's 'bedlam'?

you may enter - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/52-private/

• 2 weeks later...

I was a bit confused by the heading of your thread originally.

My understanding of 'short time' rooms are those that are rented by the HOUR, not the day. One would take their newly aquainted girl or boy friend there to see if there is further chance of the relationship progressing. AND I have no idea how much they cost. sad.png

If you are genuinely interested in budget hotels, then I was reminded of your post when I passed BBL (Blue Diamond Lodge) on the Ghost Road near Bangrak. 399 Baths per night. (According to the sign)

From memory, there is also one in Bang Por on the left towards Nathon. 260 baht per night, (Cannot remember the name sorry)

So, is your survey for budget rooms or 'short time' rooms? (If the latter then I will have to do some serious research. whistling.gif

Are you thinking of '99'?

Karaoke place, big restaurant plus rooms across the road in a block?

I met the owner once, K. Suchard, and asked him about this - and it's not so much for a night - 350 baht or so.

R

if the one boater is on about its at the Bangrak end coming from bangrak on the right, a lot nicer than the 99 inn which i stayed in with the wife a few times when house hunting. As for the other one near bangrak ask anybody in M & M bar. A really good place is down the end of soi Reggae right opposite the bungy, now called Aussie land run by a really nice aussie guy and his wife, his name is Geoff, nice clean rooms, cheap and some expats live there. Also if in town down the alley at the side of burger king, check in desk on the right, rooms upstairs opposite, cheap and ok rooms in centre of Chaweng.