Seeking Two Native English Teachers Immediately.

sirchai

Dear Administrators, dear members,

I've posted an add tree times at TV as our school in Ubon Ratchathani is looking for teachers immediately.

But not even one had responded.

Please feel free to move this most wherever you want it to, but please make sure that people who're looking for a teaching position can read it.

Here's the offer:

Primary school in Ubon Ratchathani is seeking two Native English Speaking Teachers. A degree in any field is required.

Female teachers preferred, please only Caucasian applicants, not over 50 years old. ( Sorry, not wanting to discriminate anybody!)

Ubon Ratchathani is located in the lower north-east, 600 km away from Bangkok.

One position is available for Prathom (grade) two and another one for Prathom six.

Salary will be 25,000 baht, social security, full health insurance, a friendly team, free lunch on campus, all documents regarding visa and work permit will be provided.

Interviews will be held on the 9th of May 2012. School will start on 16th of May.

Please feel free to page me and I'll send you my e-mail address. You’re more than welcome to join our team. wai.gif

post-108180-0-23827500-1335798543_thumb.

Female teachers preferred, please only Caucasian applicants, not over 50 years old. ( Sorry, not wanting to discriminate anybody!)

Therein the quote above is the root of your problem, far too much discrimination, race, color and sex and age.

My thoughts are that you are stipulating a too narrow candidate field for the positions offered, the message your post sends is that the school and its management are very dictatorial and narrow minded, certainly seems as if H.R. skills are wanting..

You need someone who is settled here in a stable relationship with their Thai partner so as they are able to cope with the environment that they are in. I know a number of over 50 year old females and males who are happily in a stable relationship and have a family and are actually qualified teachers too.

Those people described above are the people who are dedicated to the job, who will stay with you far a long time thus continuity for the students, the school and fellow staff member's is assured, those attributes are a very important ingredients in helping to run a successful education programme yet you chose to ignore that pool of talent.

They are not sex crazed drinkers or yaa bah consumers, they are decent people yet you chose to ignore that sector of society all rather sad, a pool of experienced talent that you could utilize is going to waste

The salary offered for the talents you expect is poor to say the least even for the region concerned, you expect someone who has worked for a number of years to hone their skills and also gain experience to work for 25,000 baht a month?

For a N.E.S. I suggest you offer 35,000 baht a month then you will see interest in the posts on offer. The salary level of 25,000 baht will of course secure you the services of a non N.E.S teacher. the situation you are in with the start of the academic year fast approaching means that if anyone does apply for the positions you are sadly going to be getting the dregs of the teachers pool as they have failed to obtain a position elsewhere,'' desperate ends desperate means.''

Remember that there are minimum salary levels for the issuance of a work permit and the salary level you offer is indeed very much off of those levels for a N.E.S.

Edited by siampolee

I'd like to apologize for the way I'd written the add. I'm just working for this school and trying to help them to find two teachers.

The content is exactly what my Thai head teacher had told me to write. Teachers with experience in Thailand might have a higher salary, but this is up to the superiors.

Thus I wouldn't write any lies just to get some guys coming for an interview.

I could at least make them understand today that they'll have to pay for visa and work permit now, which they never did for me before.

I'm pretty sure that many people will agree that this is the truth about Thai schools, that they're looking for young energetic and white teachers with a lot of experience.

I'm aware that you can't buy a Ferrari for the price of a Mazda..............wai.gif

Edited by sirchai

I want to leave the tourist area where I teach. But, with 20 years of teaching experience, stable marriage, lovely 6 year old son, your exceptions shot down me and 100s of other well meaning teachers.

Anyways, to the OP. I understand it was their request, not yours. I could put on some silocone breasts and a wig, but my wife will leave me if I do.

Some unhelpful posts have been removed. This is a forum for teachers and about teaching. The poster has posted in good faith what qualities the school would like.

My Director has very specific requests. At the end of the day, she settles for what comes along and will take the conditions of employment and pay offered.

Most of the Native English Teachers that I know in Ubon Ratchathani are very close to 50 years of age and male. I've only met two women teaching English(1 German and 1 Indian).

As a employer, you have the right to choose the candidate, but you really restricted the field of candidates and the remuneration is low for the city. Is this a country school?

Thank you all for your sincere input.

I've decided NOT to help them to look for teachers any more. Will let the superiors do that pain in the ass from now on.

Thanks a lot to Scott, who'd obviously understood the purpose of this add and my intentions doing so.

Hope you guys will have a lot of fun to criticize posts in the future.

I wouldn't even like to use my imagination how it would be when Isan TV members would meet. Doesn't really matter where.

wai.gif

Edited by sirchai

dear caucasian preferably female teachers, do not take low paying jobs.

Why don't you play with yourself?

Please moderators, close this topic immediately.

Thanks a lot!wai.gif

Edited by sirchai