U.S. Finds Remains Of Soldier Missing From Vietnam War Plane Crash

News_Editor

Although this is slightly off topic, I thought members might be interested in this :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18038650

An article describing how a British aircraft, which went missing in 1942 has now been found. The local British Embassy are hoping to visit the site, and hopefully find out what happened to the missing pilot, Flt Sgt Dennis Copping. They are also trying to find out if Flt Sgt Copping has any living relatives, in case they do find his remains.

It is good to know, that those who fought and died on our behalf, are treated with the respect that they, and the families they left behind, deserve.

I just saw the story on BBC. Many secrets out there in the desert.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although this is slightly off topic, I thought members might be interested in this :

An article describing how a British aircraft, which went missing in 1942 has now been found. The local British Embassy are hoping to visit the site, and hopefully find out what happened to the missing pilot, Flt Sgt Dennis Copping. They are also trying to find out if Flt Sgt Copping has any living relatives, in case they do find his remains.

It is good to know, that those who fought and died on our behalf, are treated with the respect that they, and the families they left behind, deserve.

Interesting that you said "fought and died" as if one needed to die to get any respect.

I did my time in Vietnam and for the past three plus years trying to register for V.A. benefits without success not to mention all the American/Vietnam Veteran bashing throughout this forum.

I've received more respect from Thai's than I ever did from American's or anyone else and have met many Thai's who worked with and supported American's during the conflict.

I didn't ask to go there. I was eighteen years old. To me it was an opportunity to 'see the world', not kill people. Fortunately for me I was with headquarters, Marine Air Wing, Danang where there was very little action although being a Marine we still had to go outside the compound sometimes on sweeps, etc..

But I guess the bottom line is, I'm glad to be alive without the respect.

Edited by Tomissan

Interesting that you said "fought and died" as if one needed to die to get any respect.

I did my time in Vietnam and for the past three plus years trying to register for V.A. benefits without success not to mention all the American/Vietnam Veteran bashing throughout this forum.

I've received more respect from Thai's than I ever did from American's or anyone else and have met many Thai's who worked with and supported American's during the conflict.

I didn't ask to go there. I was eighteen years old. To me it was an opportunity to 'see the world', not kill people. Fortunately for me I was with headquarters, Marine Air Wing, Danang where there was very little action although being a Marine we still had to go outside the compound sometimes on sweeps, etc..

But I guess the bottom line is, I'm glad to be alive without the respect.

Thanks for your service.