Residence Address In Thailand' Certified By Thai Immigration Office

Hi

I stay at Saphan Khwai. I wish to apply for a Thai Driving license and need my 'Residence address in Thailand' certified by Thai Immigration Office. Anyone know the procedures involved (documents needed, number of photos, etc..)?

Do I report at The Government Complex Commemorating His Majesty The King Chaengwattana or at the One-Stop Service Centre for Visas and Work Permits At Chamchuri Square Building?

Thanks

If you are living in Bangkok it would be best to get proof of residence from your Embassy. Most embassies are familiar with what is needed and some have the blank form on thier websites.

The last I heard was that Bangkok immigration was taking 2 weeks to issue the residence certificate and were not always cooperative about issuing them.

The key point is you you have an extension of stay and doing 90 day address reports (this is a normal requirement for issue)? Was it issued by Chiang Watanna or one stop center? If no extension of stay I would use your embassy even if it does cost more. As said even at Chiang Watanna it is not being issued same day.

Mine was 200B from Jomtien Immigration. Issued the same day.

I know someone in the sticks who got one for free from his local police station.

Nuts to paying the consulate 2500B! They are thieves.