Ducati 848

Been looking for a 916 but rarer than rocking horse poop here.. rode a mates 848 the other day whilst back home... like them allot.. anyone know if these models are in Thailand and where possibly a second hand model is for sale.

Interestingly we went to his mechanics place to look at some of the Ducati race bikes he was working on... try an 1198S with nitro... ohh my gawd.

Saw a three cylinder engine on work bench.. said it came from a Daytona 675..... mechanic is ducati Italy trained and flies over the world to work on race bikes... asked him what he thought of the Triumph engine.. said it was good but too stressed and liable to failure as one on bench had.. very serious guy without in my view a need or desire to denigrate one bike over another but interesting comment.

Asked about new paningale 1198.. said he had heard through grapevine a number of issues and that blown engines had started appearing a few months after launch in various countries.

Intersting comments...

Reagrdsless if anyone knows of a 848 around Im all ears... carbon fibre slip on ones of course...

yes, this is exactly what i'm aspiring to and in 3 years time they will fall into my budget, i have seen them pop up from time to time on mocyc.com

Good luck with your search and if you want to sell yours in 2-3 years time, let me know ;)

Karl

yes, this is exactly what i'm aspiring to and in 3 years time they will fall into my budget, i have seen them pop up from time to time on mocyc.com

Good luck with your search and if you want to sell yours in 2-3 years time, let me know wink.png

Karl

Its in the diary Karlos.. of course small matter of actually getting one first... but I tend never to let details get in the way of a discussion.... any hints as to where one might be procured ? Ive looked at mocyc and ducaticlubthailand but nothing much there and have trouble understanding mocyc most of the time. Did see a place called ERAWAN which had a number of big bikes listed but cant seem to find website etc for them.

Good luck with your search and if you want to sell yours in 2-3 years time, let me know wink.png

Karl

Its in the diary Karlos.. of course small matter of actually getting one first... but I tend never to let details get in the way of a discussion.... any hints as to where one might be procured ? Ive looked at mocyc and ducaticlubthailand but nothing much there and have trouble understanding mocyc most of the time. Did see a place called ERAWAN which had a number of big bikes listed but cant seem to find website etc for them.

Monty plenty ducatis on mocyc but most of them w.o book. Erawan is also a shop listed on mocyc, but same here no books for the most. With book the price is of course high blink.png

Karl

Monty plenty ducatis on mocyc but most of them w.o book. Erawan is also a shop listed on mocyc, but same here no books for the most. With book the price is of course high blink.png

Yeah thanks Hili, how is your new baby.. you got a SR4 correct ?? The guys back home jokingly suggested i start smuggling a 848 in bit by bit then pay for them to have a holiday when its all there and they will put it all together.......

Alas i fear the ole 848 with green book may be an elusive beast...

Karl

Yeah thanks Hili, how is your new baby.. you got a SR4 correct ?? The guys back home jokingly suggested i start smuggling a 848 in bit by bit then pay for them to have a holiday when its all there and they will put it all together.......

Alas i fear the ole 848 with green book may be an elusive beast...

the monster is fine absolut joy to ride totally different from what i have ridden before; puts smile on my face every time i ride. Its a S4R btw.

If you seriously thinking about a 848 i would go for a new one (if i had the money) just 928k HAHA.

thats mine.

post-77479-0-61709900-1336038158_thumb.j

monty sent u a pm

Hili, the bike looks great.. did you put the rear sets on ?

Thanks for pm.. i followed it through and bike is in good condition but alas, alas and alas sans green book.

Lord this green book situation in Thailand is tiresome. Every country has its restrictions and taxes I know but in Thailand it just seems to be infinitely more difficult

Paul Jones , thanks for heads up. I will toottle ( yes thats a word.. I think) up to Ducati Thong Lor and have a look.

Here in OZ at present and in Brisbane.. cant believe the number of big bikes parked in the city.... Im like a dog slobbering at the car window as we drive around.

Well within 3 years Ducati plans to make all models here so there's hope for a thai made 848 at around 470k.

3 years is a bit long to actually wait though, better ride something fun today :)

I am the very proud owner of an 848 Evo, with full race termignoni system. An absolute dream of a bike to ride and a lot more control through the barmy streets and country roads of LOS than a 1198S, which is just a beast but beautiful. With Steering dampener, 1198 brakes and a few more horses than the standard 848, it does make a difference and looks & sounds the dogs nuts.

If you can afford it go for a new one because not too many have sold in Thailand, in comparison to the Monster or Hypermotard that is, so there won't be much of a second hand market.

Well within 3 years Ducati plans to make all models here so there's hope for a thai made 848 at around 470k.

How to devalue a brand, mass produce it in a third world country and Ducati can't understand why MV is of a higher status and just.........better!!!!

As i said in another thread, I would never buy a Thai made Ducati, but them i'm an engineer and quality over cost every time!!!

Edited by Rickster