Tyres For The Pcx

recently bought a used PCX 125 and its in need of some new tyres soon

what options from different makers are there

costs of the different makes

expected mileage and grip in wet

should i stick with the 90/90 -14 front and 100/90-14 rear sizes

where can i get these tyres in Chiang Mai

failing that where can i order online or via phone and pay by SMS / bank transfer

Just dumped my PCX125 this morning - partly due to debris on the road but definitely partly due to the crap original IRC tyres. With the wet season coming, I'm not going to trust them to keep me upright. If you Google "pcxclub thailand" and then click on the forum advertisers logos at the top you'll get taken to threads showing their parts for sale inc tyres. Seems good availabilty for Bridgestone, Michelin & Pirelli at around 2,000+ THB a pair.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Just dumped my PCX125 this morning - partly due to debris on the road but definitely partly due to the crap original IRC tyres. With the wet season coming, I'm not going to trust them to keep me upright. If you Google "pcxclub thailand" and then click on the forum advertisers logos at the top you'll get taken to threads showing their parts for sale inc tyres. Seems good availabilty for Bridgestone, Michelin & Pirelli at around 2,000+ THB a pair.

Cheers,

Pikey.

lucky u havent fitted all that bling u have bought for it yet...always suspected u were a scooter boy at heart despite the rockers disguise

checked out the price of Pirellis and they wanted 3300 for a pair

post-155264-0-41306600-1336054178_thumb.

On my PX 125 I got 24,000 km on the stock rear tire. Front still going . . .

Never had a problem with the IRC. 1 flat, a nail, fixed.

Personally I like the Dunlop used on the new ones better

You must be an STR then because mine was shot at 15k so at 24k it must have looked like Duncan Goodhew with his head tightened in a vice!!!! 5555

I think for stock Thai made tyres, the IRC's are more than adequate

the standard tryes are

90/90-14

100/90-14

i was in a shop today and they has a Michelin M29 front 90/90-14

Michelin M45 rear 100/80-14

notice that the rear is an 80 instead of a 90...not too sure what this means and would like to know whether these tyres would be suitable

they worked out at 1550 baht for the pair which is less than half the price of the Pirellis.......a 100/90 was not listed on his computer

The first number is your tyre's width; the second number is its aspect ratio - the height from the bottom of the tread to the rim (as a percentage of the width).

eg. the 100/90-14 is 100mm wide, and 90mm high. Add the rim (355mm) and you have a rolling diameter of 535mm.

The 100/80-14 is 100mm wide, and 80mm high. Add the rim (355mm) and you have a rolling diameter of 515mm.

This difference will affect ride height and speed (and odo) readings, as well as handling.

Edit: these Pirellis will fit on your bike.

I just bought a set of (different) Pirellis from this mob yesterday: http://www.competizioni-moto.com/ 1230 baht + 200 shipping for Bangkok to Samui.

Edited by jamesbrock

I have almost new Dunlops from my PCX when I upgraded to bigger Irc wings. PM me and lets make a deal. I am in CM

i have sent you a PM with my telephone number

I will call you later today a bit busy at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...

Brian at Summit.

I currently have the standard IRCs on my PCX125 and am finding the grip in the wet is very poor. I have been to a number of Honda dealers and the main tyre shop for bikes looking for the Dunlop 990s but they all tell me that the standard IRCs is all that's available. I noticed you said the IRC Wings are a great option. Are they good in the wet or are the Dunlops a better option?

Edited by phiti

Both the Dunlops and IRC Wings are comparable in quality and performance. They both have soft compounds and are great in the wet. I had the Wings on my PCX 125 and they were great in the turns and in the wet. I also have a friend who says the same thing about the Dunlops that he has on his PCX 125. You won't be disappointed if you go with the Wings. Thanks.

Brian