Simplified Plan To Thailand

Hello, I posted once before about my planned trip to thailand this summer, i have since come up with what i think is a simpler plan, and thought perhaps you folks could help confirm what i think are the facts. I have booked a flight to Bangkok for mid-July from the USA. I plan to stay approximately 90 days and then will take the train or bus to Cambodia, stay there a few weeks and fly out of Phnom Phen to Manila or Hong Kong. anyway it sounds like I need to send in my application for the 60 day visa with a 30 day extension about two weeks before my flight, correct ? and what is the letter or class of Visa i should apply for, is it O ? and do I need to show them a train ticket reservation or bus ticket that shows I will be leaving Thailand after approximately 90 days, how does that work. I know they want a copy of my inbound ticket to thailand , correct? thanks , Kawp Khun Khap

If your stay is going to be 90 days or less, then the Tourist Visa is your best (and simplest) option. A single entry Tourist Visa will normally be valid for entry into Thailand up to 3 months from the date of issue, so you can apply up to 3 months in advance of your planned arrival date. On arrival, you will be granted an initial period of stay of 60 days. Before that expires, you must visit any Immigration Office in Thailand and apply for your 30 day extension (TM.7 application form, 2 photos, 1,900 baht and photocopies of passport photo page and your TM.6 departure card). The 30 day extension is dated from the end of your initial 60 day period, so no need to wait until the last minute to apply for it.